Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

To most people, weed isn't an impairment, it's an enhancement!
By "most people" you mean weed smokers...right? The thread shows an up tick in pot related crashes which endangers everyone. That's not good. Does weed allow you to suspend
your sense of responsibility, assuming you have one?
Cops are just noticing that people are high. There hasn't been a surge of new pot smokers since legalization.

Now if all those unicorns would get out of the left lane...

In Colorado, the epicenter of Legal Grass, the black market is doing better than ever and millions are being generated in legal sales too.

I'd say that the amount of dope being smoked is accelerating, even if the number of pot heads is stable.

By "most people" you mean weed smokers...right? The thread shows an up tick in pot related crashes which endangers everyone. That's not good. Does weed allow you to suspend
Cops are just noticing that people are high. There hasn't been a surge of new pot smokers since legalization.

In Colorado, the epicenter of Legal Grass, the black market is doing better than ever and millions are being generated in legal sales too.

I'd say that the amount of dope being smoked is accelerating, even if the number of pot heads is stable.
Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

People have been smoking weed and driving forever.
And crashing their cars.
More straight people crash their cars than any category.

Please try again.
Could be true in the new generational theory of "everyone gets a participation trophy" uh I mean a driver's license these days.
Not a time goes by that when I use the highway, I have to pass more than one car on the inside because they refuse to move over. Maybe they should smoke a joint, it might wake them up.
You can't fix stupid.... You don't know that yet ?

People have been drinking and driving forever.

Yes, but you have to go to the Philippines to tie one on and take a cruise in the family car legally.
You can drink and drive in the US.

Not legally. That's just an urban legend.

A friend of mine, Oxen, who is now passed on, got pinched for DUI.

They threw the book at him-gave him a choice 30 days in the hole or 30 AA Meetings. He chose the latter, and reported back that most of the guys in AA were in their for drinking and driving.

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
Little old ladies are better at killing people on motorcycles than pot smokers.

Ya, but once you're high, you can keep smoking but you're not going to get any higher, you'll just get a massive sore throat.

The part that no one who seeks to legalize marijuana wants to admit...is that marijuana today is not the same plant it was.
Not even close.
The buzz you got when the plant was unaltered, was momentary and not very strong at all. Today, depending on what kind you get, it is becoming equal to alcohol in diminishing control of your senses. Drunk driving, and fully buzzed driving is equal.
The only thing different is the prices...I lived it I know it...

People have been smoking weed and driving forever.
And crashing their cars.
More straight people crash their cars than any category.

Please try again.
Could be true in the new generational theory of "everyone gets a participation trophy" uh I mean a driver's license these days.
Not a time goes by that when I use the highway, I have to pass more than one car on the inside because they refuse to move over. Maybe they should smoke a joint, it might wake them up.
You can't fix stupid.... You don't know that yet ?
When I finally do pass them on the inside, half the time they start to race me, lol. And I'm the one with the problem? :biggrin:

People have been drinking and driving forever.

Yes, but you have to go to the Philippines to tie one on and take a cruise in the family car legally.
You can drink and drive in the US.

Not legally. That's just an urban legend.

A friend of mine, Oxen, who is now passed on, got pinched for DUI.

They threw the book at him-gave him a choice 30 days in the hole or 30 AA Meetings. He chose the latter, and reported back that most of the guys in AA were in their for drinking and driving.
I said you can drink, not get wasted.

Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

I see pushers in bars all the time, out on the street corner peddling shit.

You don't have to consume in order to see how the market it.

I think you are trying to make a joke, not very funny though.
Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

Some people have been drinking and driving for years and have been "fine." It doesn't change the fact that the drivers are impaired. :dunno:
recreational drug taxes could help pay for public transportation.

How much money in Dope Taxes do you think there will be?
CDTFA: Cannabis Tax Revenues Total $60.9 Million in First Quarter | Cannabis

surely some of that could be spared for public transportation.
Selling the soul.
maybe you are being too harsh. some of that must be CBD sales.

Forum List

Back