Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

All of the people spinning and/or lying to defend the increase in people being crippled and killed in car accidents simply shows how drugs sink their talons into their brains and they’ll do anything to support their addiction.

Today they have the mind set ..if it's legal....

It's not legal. It's still illegal according to federal law and state law cannot usurp federal.
show us the express Prohibition clause, right wingers.

Federal Marijuana Law

Despite medical cannabis laws in 46 states, cannabis is still illegal under federal law. The federal government regulates drugs through the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) (21 U.S.C. § 811), which does not recognize the difference between medical and recreational use of cannabis. These laws are generally applied only against persons who possess, cultivate, or distribute large quantities of cannabis.

Under federal law, cannabis is treated like every other controlled substance, such as cocaine and heroin. The federal government places every controlled substance in a schedule, in principle according to its relative potential for abuse and medicinal value. Under the CSA, cannabis is classified as a Schedule I drug, which means that the federal government views cannabis as highly addictive and having no medical value.

As of this printing, the federal government claims that marijuana is not medicine and in Gonzales v. Raich (2005), the United States Supreme Court held that the federal government has the constitutional authority to prohibit marijuana for all purposes.

I see pushers in bars all the time, out on the street corner peddling shit.

You don't have to consume in order to see how the market it.
Can't be too careful around those evil diabolical pot pushers .

I never said they were evil and/or diabolical.

Just that they aren't being forced to change their offerings due to legalized grass.

If they had to start selling guns or cartons of tobacco cigarettes, or car radios or ladies dresses, because grass is legal, they would. But they haven't.

All of the people spinning and/or lying to defend the increase in people being crippled and killed in car accidents simply shows how drugs sink their talons into their brains and they’ll do anything to support their addiction.
images.jpg

I'm laughing at some of the cavalier responses on this thread......

Easy to identify which board members set the bar real low and wont accomplish shit in life. These days, their numbers clearly on the rise. Oy

I think you are going to see a massive increase in insurance premiums because of this, especially for drivers in states with a large number of stoned drivers. And it will affect all drivers, even those who don't touch the stuff. After all, even if you are straight edge, some stoner could T-bone you .
Was there a massive increase in premiums when cell phones and texting came into use?
Smoking pot and driving is no different than driving drunk. In both cases the driver is impaired. I have done both. Sober and Pot free for 38 years.
Neither are good but driving stoned isn`t nearly as bad as driving drunk although today`s strains are far more potent than what you inhaled 38 years ago. There`s medical weed that Thai sticks would take a back seat to. If a stoned driver can clear his head of distractions they`ll do well but a drunk driver can`t do a thing to help himself other than parking the car.

I think you are going to see a massive increase in insurance premiums because of this, especially for drivers in states with a large number of stoned drivers. And it will affect all drivers, even those who don't touch the stuff. After all, even if you are straight edge, some stoner could T-bone you .
Was there a massive increase in premiums when cell phones and texting came into use?

Car insurance premiums have been going up steadily for a long time. There was no day when suddenly there was cell phones. It was a gradual thing. It wasn't like one day we woke up and everyone was texting and driving. But we DID have a day when we woke up and suddenly pot was "legal".

Last edited:
Smoking pot and driving is no different than driving drunk. In both cases the driver is impaired. I have done both. Sober and Pot free for 38 years.
Neither are good but driving stoned isn`t nearly as bad as driving drunk although today`s strains are far more potent than what you inhaled 38 years ago. There`s medical weed that Thai sticks would take a back seat to. If a stoned driver can clear his head of distractions they`ll do well but a drunk driver can`t do a thing to help himself other than parking the car.

Dang.......where do people come up with this shit? University of Mars ftg.

Like I said in my last post.....:113:

Conservatives are loath to let go of the most successful scare tactic in American history, the dope smoking hippie, in spite of the fact that they smoke pot too.

Hey, I only smoked grass one time . Only once. I didn't know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.
I think you are trying to make a joke, not very funny though.
1. Unfortunately, too many people are irresponsible idiots. I don't mind people smoking, but if you drive while high, you will be impaired.
2. I don't think that pot impairs driving as badly as alcohol, but that doesn't really matter, as both certainly DO impair driving ability to some extent.
3. It's funny that different posters seem to think that pot is stronger now, or that it was stronger in the past
4. One thing to keep in mind is that there may also be an increase in tourists to the states with legalized weed, which could have something to do with the increase in crashes, too.
5. Someone said something about people being unlikely to drink. Really? That argument is pretty out there. People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and show no sign of stopping.

If you get high, don't drive. You might not be as impaired as a drunk driver, but you are still impaired.
Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

Some people have been drinking and driving for years and have been "fine." It doesn't change the fact that the drivers are impaired. :dunno:
recreational drug taxes could help pay for public transportation.

How much money in Dope Taxes do you think there will be?

Colorado pot sales hit a record $1.5 billion in 2017, and border towns saw a green rush from neighbors – The Denver Post

Colorado passes $1 billion in marijuana state revenue

Try and gauge it if it was legalized on a federal level.

Hey, I only smoked grass one time . Only once. I didn't know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.
1. Unfortunately, too many people are irresponsible idiots. I don't mind people smoking, but if you drive while high, you will be impaired.
2. I don't think that pot impairs driving as badly as alcohol, but that doesn't really matter, as both certainly DO impair driving ability to some extent.
3. It's funny that different posters seem to think that pot is stronger now, or that it was stronger in the past
4. One thing to keep in mind is that there may also be an increase in tourists to the states with legalized weed, which could have something to do with the increase in crashes, too.
5. Someone said something about people being unlikely to drink. Really? That argument is pretty out there. People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and show no sign of stopping.

If you get high, don't drive. You might not be as impaired as a drunk driver, but you are still impaired.
Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

Some people have been drinking and driving for years and have been "fine." It doesn't change the fact that the drivers are impaired. :dunno:

Colorado pot sales hit a record $1.5 billion in 2017, and border towns saw a green rush from neighbors – The Denver Post

Oh boy, more money for the government to piss away.

Things better in Colorado? Pot holes fixed, poverty eliminated?

No?

Point made.

The problem is vision and they can't see the distance of a another vehicle. Bet most were rear end crashes.

To most people, weed isn't an impairment, it's an enhancement!
By "most people" you mean weed smokers...right? The thread shows an up tick in pot related crashes which endangers everyone. That's not good. Does weed allow you to suspend
your sense of responsibility, assuming you have one?
Cops are just noticing that people are high. There hasn't been a surge of new pot smokers since legalization.

Now if all those unicorns would get out of the left lane...

In Colorado, the epicenter of Legal Grass, the black market is doing better than ever and millions are being generated in legal sales too.

I'd say that the amount of dope being smoked is accelerating, even if the number of pot heads is stable.
Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

So you're in the bars all the time I guess we can all assume you drive after consuming alcohol.

By "most people" you mean weed smokers...right? The thread shows an up tick in pot related crashes which endangers everyone. That's not good. Does weed allow you to suspend
your sense of responsibility, assuming you have one?
Cops are just noticing that people are high. There hasn't been a surge of new pot smokers since legalization.

In Colorado, the epicenter of Legal Grass, the black market is doing better than ever and millions are being generated in legal sales too.

I'd say that the amount of dope being smoked is accelerating, even if the number of pot heads is stable.
Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

So you're in the bars all the time I guess we can all assume you drive after consuming alcohol.
Legalize PCP because he drinks beer!

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
It's also negatively impacting the job market and/or labor industries in this country as well. These kids would rather do drugs than work because they are to good for work now (their mom's told them so).
Hippies did that in the 60s then grew up to run wall street.
Some of them never left the 60s you seem them walking the street with beads and bald heads with Pony tails.

Oh boy, more money for the government to piss away.

Things better in Colorado? Pot holes fixed, poverty eliminated?

No?

Point made.

You made no point you are clueless.

Where Does All The Marijuana Money Go? Colorado’s Pot Taxes, Explained

Where did all Colorado's pot money go? The Post set out to answer that question

Chiseling through the layers, we began to see that the tax dollars derived from retail marijuana sales were actually headed toward programs and other civil projects that were almost as promised. Schools were being fixed; programs with a focus on education were being funded; even school nurses that were long-missing were coming back.

But there was so much more. Law enforcement, agriculture and human services were the areas that also benefited from marijuana dollars.

Only a morsel to wet a idiot's lips, they have also built homeless shelters. You should do some research before opening mouth and inserting whatever you may insert.

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
It's also negatively impacting the job market and/or labor industries in this country as well. These kids would rather do drugs than work because they are to good for work now (their mom's told them so).
Some of them never left the 60s you seem them walking the street with beads and bald heads with Pony tails.

And CEO's of large companies and many more successful than you'll ever be.

Legalize PCP because he drinks beer!
hey, the 1980's called it wants it's designer horse drugs back.

And CEO's of large companies and many more successful than you'll ever be.
I only ran a small company I decided half way through to not be a slave to materialism..

Forum List

Back