Lefties, you are pushing me rightwards.

Funny.... I don't see where the right ever had it.

At least civil rights and equality have some semblance of it.... conepts which seem to have become alien to the right.
yeah, thats why it took the republicans to pass thye civil rights bills in the 60's
:rolleyes:

I cannot believe some of the crap from the left. i thought you had the moral high ground? No wonder the right has such animosity to you.

Reclaim the high ground, dudes, especially if you want to keep congress.

Or don't, and watch it all slip away.

The sooner you realize both sides stink, the better you'll feel.

well, with all due respect.. Fuck the left and their cries for unity.. dom't mean shit, we needed unity for the last eight years

You all wanted unity with Democrats? I don't believe so. Having a centrist threaten that they are moving away from the Democrats and leaning toward Republicans is silly. As I said, it's like swimming to a sinking ship at the moment.

Let her threaten Republicans when they are back in power a few decades from now. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you voted for Obama, probably because of the excesses you correctly saw on the right .. thus, you were pushed to the "left." Now seeing what you perceive as excesses on the "left", you're being pushed to the right.

What I think you're missing is that neither Obama nor the Democratic Party represent the left. They are both centrists. You're trying to squeeze in somewhere between the center and the right .. depending on what looks easiest. That is both the mantra and the dilemna of centrist politics.

Obama's policies are generally correct, in my opinion. But if elected officials perceive their voters as demanding some sort of tit for tat, as the far left does on this board, then the democrats can wave bye bye.

Obama better damn well not perceive his voters demanding tit for tat because he will lose the middle.

And that is why I am vocal.

Also, if the far left would reclaim the high ground, they would not have to put up with the equally nasty behavior that comes from the far right, because they would retain control.

I'd like to see the republican party regain a firm footing, sound principles. I'd like to see the democratic party take a firm footing, not go crazy with power.

The sooner you realize both sides stink, the better you'll feel.

Both sides are my countrymen. I'd rather live in a shining city than a pigsty, so I am asking my countrymen to give it some thought. And sometimes some do, and then I DO feel better. :)

what do you mean

they will be blaming bush for DECADES

And rightly so. He lied to take a nation to war. He gutted the constitution. He named two judges who are both solid conservatives and he didn't win either election.

Bush has shaped the country for decades, IMO in a negative way, we can blame him for it.

We still blame Nixon, we still blame Hoover, etc etc.

And rightly so. He lied to take a nation to war. He gutted the constitution. He named two judges who are both solid conservatives and he didn't win either election.

Bush has shaped the country for decades, IMO in a negative way, we can blame him for it.

and that helps anything ?

dont worry, you are still more to the left than you will ever be to the right
what a load of total BULLSHIT

You all wanted unity with Democrats? I don't believe so. Having a centrist threaten that they are moving away from the Democrats and leaning toward Republicans is silly. As I said, it's like swimming to a sinking ship at the moment.

Let her threaten Republicans when they are back in power a few decades from now. :lol:

Where did I threaten anyone?

I stated my reaction to childish behavior. Not a threat.

A threat would be "If you don't stop it I am going to vote republican next time." That's an ultimatum with a threatened action. A statement is "your behavior is driving me away."

You can use the information or not, it's entirely up to you.

dont worry, you are still more to the left than you will ever be to the right
what a load of total BULLSHIT

What part is bullshit? I detest Bush. He should be blamed for a HELL of a lot.

You and I and most americans on this board agree on certain things, like that we have certain freedoms and that when those freedoms are impinged upon, that our nation is fundamentally threatened.

Any president that steps on my freedoms is not going to get a pass from me. I expect the same from any other american.

Bush has eroded personal liberties through warrantless eavesdropping. His administration outed a CIA agent. In my opinion any one of the scandals he was so closely involved with should have left him hung up to dry.

These issues, security and liberty, are fundamental to this country.

If you perceive a person in power eroding liberties, risking national security, etc, you damn well better not give that person a pass.

:)

it shows shes still a lefty
totally delusional bullshit

Why am I a lefty?

Bush drives me nuts as much as the left drives me nuts, take it or leave it, your choice, like it or not I'm your countryman (well, woman) too.

What part is bullshit? I detest Bush. He should be blamed for a HELL of a lot.

You and I and most americans on this board agree on certain things, like that we have certain freedoms and that when those freedoms are impinged upon, that our nation is fundamentally threatened.

Any president that steps on my freedoms is not going to get a pass from me. I expect the same from any other american.

Bush has eroded personal liberties through warrantless eavesdropping. His administration outed a CIA agent. In my opinion any one of the scandals he was so closely involved with should have left him hung up to dry.

These issues, security and liberty, are fundamental to this country.

If you perceive a person in power eroding liberties, risking national security, etc, you damn well better not give that person a pass.

:)
you were only correct on one thing in that post
Bush DID appoint 2 solid conservatives to the SCOTUS
(well, Roberts is still not tested to know how solid, but i expect he will be)

the rest are all leftwing moonbat bullshit

Forum List

Back