With Donald Trump's Iowa landslide, evangelicals reveal who they really are

So typical of a Trumptard. You people really don't live in the real world. You live in a fantasy world, Walter Mitty style. I mean let's break your claim down.

Pedophile: You MAGA asshats like to make that claim about Biden. Admittedly, sometimes he is a little awkward around children. But hey, at least he ain't sneaking into beauty pageant dressing rooms filled with underaged girls. Now THAT is creepy.

Racist: Hard to make that claim when Biden has the most diverse cabinet ever, has a woman of color as his VP, nominated more black females to federal courts, including the first black female SCOTUS justice, than all other presidents combined. Trump, on the other hand, look at his cabinet, and his court appointees, and his history of red-lining, including a court settlement.

Crime boss: That one kind of takes the cake. Trump IS a crime boss. He acts like one, he carries himself like one, he talks like one, and the courts tend to agree. What is it, 91 indictments now? Even more telling, he openly admires members of "the family".

Stopped reading after the first sentence, Bidenistas are insane as well as being racist vermin

So typical of a Trumptard. You people really don't live in the real world. You live in a fantasy world, Walter Mitty style. I mean let's break your claim down.

Pedophile: You MAGA asshats like to make that claim about Biden. Admittedly, sometimes he is a little awkward around children. But hey, at least he ain't sneaking into beauty pageant dressing rooms filled with underaged girls. Now THAT is creepy.

Racist: Hard to make that claim when Biden has the most diverse cabinet ever, has a woman of color as his VP, nominated more black females to federal courts, including the first black female SCOTUS justice, than all other presidents combined. Trump, on the other hand, look at his cabinet, and his court appointees, and his history of red-lining, including a court settlement.

Crime boss: That one kind of takes the cake. Trump IS a crime boss. He acts like one, he carries himself like one, he talks like one, and the courts tend to agree. What is it, 91 indictments now? Even more telling, he openly admires members of "the family".
^^The definition of TDS ^^

Yes, Biden is a lock, you are going to win. Now go and enjoy that belief until reality bites you in the ass, coming January, 2025, vermin
rzbrdk8gn2dc1.jpeg

This article from Salon really hits the nail on the head.

the religious right emerged directly as a reaction to the civil rights movement, as a way for segregationists to justify their racism on the grounds of faith rather than bigotry. The architects of modern American evangelicalism, such as Jerry Falwell, often got their start by pushing the view that the Bible demands the separation of the races. The infrastructure of the modern evangelical movement, especially its schools, grew up as a way to establish white-only spaces after the federal ban on most forms of racial discrimination.

Trump may not believe in faith or salvation, but he sure believes in racism and sexism. That Iowa evangelicals turned out to back Trump isn't a betrayal of their values. It reveals the values that always fueled their movement. It's just the last bit of plausible deniability has faded away.

I kind of take this as some kind of vindication. Over forty years ago I took the pulpit in one of the largest churches in the area. I was a senior in High School, and an award winning speaker, nationally ranked in Forensics, national winner with the American Legion. My church had a senior Sunday, where seniors took over the service. Traditionally, a seminary student would deliver the sermon, but they thought it was a good idea to give me the sermon. I mean what could go wrong?

So, I took it and ran with it. The quoted above is pretty much what I said. Jerry Falwell, the moral majority, well I demonstrated that they weren't moral, that they were not walking with Christ, that they were white supremist, no longer hiding behind a white coat and hood, but hiding behind the bible.

I mean come on, Ronald Reagan was running for president, against Jimmy Carter, and the evangelical movement was behind Reagan. WTF? How the hell does that make any sense? And that was just the beginning. Now look where we are at. So called "Christain" evangelicals backing a low life scumbag like Donald Trump. Do these people have no sense of decency? Do they even bother to read the Bible?

But anyways, after the service, as was customary, I walked out with the preacher and then stood at the door greeting parishioners as they exited. The poor preacher, he was looking for a rock to hide under. And man didn't I get some icy glances. But there were some of them that gave me a big bear hug and said they were happy someone had the guts to lay reality out there.

But that was forty years ago. There hasn't been a senior Sunday since then. I killed it. I couldn't be more proud.
Salon is a left wing rag, but they are entitled to their editorial opinion twisted as it maybe.

the religious right emerged directly as a reaction to the civil rights movement, as a way for segregationists to justify their racism on the grounds of faith rather than bigotry. The architects of modern American evangelicalism, such as Jerry Falwell, often got their start by pushing the view that the Bible demands the separation of the races. The infrastructure of the modern evangelical movement, especially its schools, grew up as a way to establish white-only spaces after the federal ban on most forms of racial discrimination.

Trump may not believe in faith or salvation, but he sure believes in racism and sexism. That Iowa evangelicals turned out to back Trump isn't a betrayal of their values. It reveals the values that always fueled their movement. It's just the last bit of plausible deniability has faded away.

I kind of take this as some kind of vindication. Over forty years ago I took the pulpit in one of the largest churches in the area. I was a senior in High School, and an award winning speaker, nationally ranked in Forensics, national winner with the American Legion. My church had a senior Sunday, where seniors took over the service. Traditionally, a seminary student would deliver the sermon, but they thought it was a good idea to give me the sermon. I mean what could go wrong?

So, I took it and ran with it. The quoted above is pretty much what I said. Jerry Falwell, the moral majority, well I demonstrated that they weren't moral, that they were not walking with Christ, that they were white supremist, no longer hiding behind a white coat and hood, but hiding behind the bible.

I mean come on, Ronald Reagan was running for president, against Jimmy Carter, and the evangelical movement was behind Reagan. WTF? How the hell does that make any sense? And that was just the beginning. Now look where we are at. So called "Christain" evangelicals backing a low life scumbag like Donald Trump. Do these people have no sense of decency? Do they even bother to read the Bible?

But anyways, after the service, as was customary, I walked out with the preacher and then stood at the door greeting parishioners as they exited. The poor preacher, he was looking for a rock to hide under. And man didn't I get some icy glances. But there were some of them that gave me a big bear hug and said they were happy someone had the guts to lay reality out there.

But that was forty years ago. There hasn't been a senior Sunday since then. I killed it. I couldn't be more proud.
Yes, they are people who want to be able to afford groceries, not let innocent babies be executed, and live in world which is not on the brink of WWIII.

M'kay, thanks vermin
You are such a tiny little person. Insignificant really, what my grandmother used to call "a simple shitass"

Your continued use of the term "vermin", after Trump used it a few weeks ago in an alarmingly Hitler sounding speech, indicates just how easily manipulated you are. It also indicates you have no clue as to the undertones that word carries. It is an attempt to dehumanize.

I highly suggest you read the definition of "vermin", paying special attention to this,

people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society

You see that, "causing problems for the rest of society". It doesn't say people causing problems for a particular subset of society, you know, white, anglo-saxon, protestants that believe themselves privileged due to the womb they fell out of.

But you Trumptards, on the other hand, your ignorance, your blind willingness to follow an egotistical wannabe dictator, to ignore the very foundation of our nation, all because of FEAR. Well that, my little simple shitass friend, is the epitome of "vermin".

Yep. Their #1 political driver is hate. #2 is cruelty towards the "others". #3 is controlling women.

You are such a tiny little person. Insignificant really, what my grandmother used to call "a simple shitass"

Your continued use of the term "vermin", after Trump used it a few weeks ago in an alarmingly Hitler sounding speech, indicates just how easily manipulated you are. It also indicates you have no clue as to the undertones that word carries. It is an attempt to dehumanize.

I highly suggest you read the definition of "vermin", paying special attention to this,

people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society

You see that, "causing problems for the rest of society". It doesn't say people causing problems for a particular subset of society, you know, white, anglo-saxon, protestants that believe themselves privileged due to the womb they fell out of.

But you Trumptards, on the other hand, your ignorance, your blind willingness to follow an egotistical wannabe dictator, to ignore the very foundation of our nation, all because of FEAR. Well that, my little simple shitass friend, is the epitome of "vermin".

M'kay, thanks vermin. Thank you for confirming the point is made, at least for you. Read what leftists are saying to us all day long and go fuck yourself, vermin, I'm sick of it and you're getting it back until you stop

M'kay, thanks vermin. Thank you for confirming the point is made, at least for you. Read what leftists are saying to us all day long and go fuck yourself, vermin, I'm sick of it and you're getting it back until you stop
^^

Exhibit A

Yep. Their #1 political driver is hate. #2 is cruelty towards the "others". #3 is controlling women.
Nah, I think their number one, and only, political driver is FEAR. Take the controlling women part, why? Fear, fear that their woman is going to leave them, fear that a woman is going to take their job, fear that a woman might make them look like the fools they are.

Fear of immigrants, fear of gay people, fear of transgender people, hell, fear of flippin BOOKS. BOOKS for Christ's sake. Fear of education, fear of windmills and solar panels, electric cars. But more than anything, fear of CHANGE.

Nah, I think their number one, and only, political driver is FEAR. Take the controlling women part, why? Fear, fear that their woman is going to leave them, fear that a woman is going to take their job, fear that a woman might make them look like the fools they are.

Fear of immigrants, fear of gay people, fear of transgender people, hell, fear of flippin BOOKS. BOOKS for Christ's sake. Fear of education, fear of windmills and solar panels, electric cars. But more than anything, fear of CHANGE.

Democrat homes don't have windows, only mirrors, vermin

Forum List

Back