Ladies...c-section question

Mr. P said:
Yep, I would agree. Fuzzy if ya do freak they'll have ya out before you can count to 10.

*I'm not a Doctor but I play one on the TV show ER...Guess* :scratch:

what character did you play> on er...chopper guy...I liked ya better as a vet! :laugh:

GotZoom said:
Arch...that was pretty Cold Hearted...Straight Up bro...

(I just kill me sometimes...)

Done with me? Do you promise?

I'm just a blunt and honest...SOB..what can I say?

Shattered said:
And you're going to let him?

*puts minion hat on*

Here I come to save the day....

Mighty_mouse2.jpg

fuzzykitten99 said:
With Nathan, I had them put me under fully, because I knew that if I would likely have the mother of all panic attacks during surgery, and as I had pre-eclampsia, with very high BP, that would not be good. Plus the fact that they had been trying to induce me for nearly 2 days, with little progress, my BP was way up because I was having attacks left and right.

This time, I have my c-section scheduled. Now that I kind of know what to expect as far as post-surgery, I am willing to be just numbed like they do with most women. However, I am kind of, well, scared, because of the whole environment of the OR and the dr's in scrubs and such. I am a hypochondriac as it is, and hospitals in general freak me out because they remind me of death (bad experience as a kid-details some other time) so I am afraid that I will at some point during the procedure, freak out, and cause problems.

I guess I am wondering what to expect this time, if i do opt to just be numbed from chest down? What does it feel like? Is it like when the dentist numbs your face for dental work, and it feels like there is a gaping hole in your face, as well as cold?

I am kinda worried that I will freak out at the fact I cannot feel my body, or the anesthesia (sp?) needle will miss and hit something major and really paralyze me or something worse.

I really want to be awake for this one because I missed the first few moments, really first half hour, of Nathan's little life because I was still under the anesthesia.

I dunno. I just want to be brave, but panic attacks come on without warning, so I don't know what to do.
I had a c-section with my first, and I was completely under, too. I had full-blown toxemia, and the cs was emergecy. I missed the first day and a half of my baby's life outside the womb, because of the drugs.

My SIL had a scheduled cs, though, and she said they put up a sheet so that she couldn't see what was going on. She said she felt pressure, a kind of "pulling" sensation, but no pain.

archangel said:
I watched both ex-wives deliver....I was called every name in the book...along with watching my daughter deliver and hearing the same thing about her spouse...I have seen alot of blood and guts in my life...but this was by :puke: far the one I would like to forget!
Archie, you have to train your mind to appreciate life! :tng:

My husband saw our last 3 born, and said it was "cool."

My big, strong daddy saw me being born, and my mom said that was the only time in their 32+ years of marriage that she ever saw him choke up. Not even when his mom died.

fuzzykitten99 said:
it really isn't that i can't talk to my OB, i just don't really know why it is so hard for me to verbalize things like this, to anyone really. maybe the person (whomever it is) will think i am being silly and just say 'oh, you'll be fine' etc. and not really act like my fears are justified. My whole life, it has been like that, where my fears were blown off or i was made to feel like i was being silly. I hate that 'oh, you'll be fine' with that tone like you are being ridiculous. Maybe that's why i internalize my fears so much.
Don't be afraid to talk to your dr, Fuzzy. I didn't argue enough with my first baby; just trusted the drs that they knew what they were talking about. It was a disaster! Took me months to recover. At least let them know. Even if they blow you off, the information is out there.

Abbey Normal said:
I never got the whole yell at the husband thing.
I did a lot of pleading, though. As in, "Please, make the pain go away", and "Please, get the nurse to give me drugs".
I never yelled at my husband, either. I did clench his hand all through one of them (can't remember which one). I had back labor with my 2nd. 41 hours of labor with that girl! I can't imagine any pain that could be worse than unmedicated back labor. My husband put counter-pressure on my back, and I kept begging him to push harder, even though he was pushing as hard as he could, but I never called him names.

fuzzy-I agree that talking with your doctor is the best thing to do,and talk to your husband too. You are in this together and I am sure he will listen. The doctor needs to know about your fears. Lots of people don't like hospitals,I don't think you should be afraid to talk to the doc about that. I bet your not the first. Think of it this way-your doc has probably done this hundreds if not thousands of times and has probably dealt with many scenarios. The doc that delivered Savannah told us she was around number 8,000!!!!

I don't blame ya for being worried tho-it's natural,you are growing a human life and that's a bg deal!! I'm willing to bet tho,that everything will go perfect!!

arch-I never once blamed my hubby for my pain,I never even yelled at him. I did yell at my poor mom tho when she was trying to help with my first and told me to focus on a picture of a cow in a meadow hanging on the wall. I told her I didn't want to look at the f'ing cow-it made me think of hamburgers!!! Geese!!!! :tng:

Now that I think about it,my husband had to sit down in a chair for both deliveries. He has passed out before and turned white when Jacob was being born. He was there and held my hand,but the nurse did a lot of the coaching because I think he was getting a little sick. I understood tho-we aren't all wenches!!!

krisy said:
I did yell at my poor mom tho when she was trying to help with my first and told me to focus on a picture of a cow in a meadow hanging on the wall. I told her I didn't want to look at the f'ing cow-it made me think of hamburgers!!! Geese!!!! :tng:
My sister came in while I was delivering my first boy. I was on the bed just grunting away. She walked in the door and burst out laughing at me. She was actually pointing her finger at me and laughing. I could have killed her! You are already in a very unattractive and painful situation; you don't need yahoos coming in and heckling you! I yelled at my mom to get her out of there. I ALMOST cussed that time! ;)

mom4 said:
My sister came in while I was delivering my first boy. I was on the bed just grunting away. She walked in the door and burst out laughing at me. She was actually pointing her finger at me and laughing. I could have killed her! You are already in a very unattractive and painful situation; you don't need yahoos coming in and heckling you! I yelled at my mom to get her out of there. I ALMOST cussed that time! ;)

Oh my Lord,I would have been furious :spank3:

I felt so bad for yelling at my mom. I did apologize later,and of course she understood. All that pain can do things to ya. My husband and I were talking about it the other day and he said that women must forget how bad the pain is or they would never have more!!! I guess he is kind of right. You know it's bad but ya keep goin!!!With my second,I had a lot of pain after I got home. I was in tears it hurt so bad. They said that was normal after the second baby.

krisy said:
Oh my Lord,I would have been furious :spank3:

I felt so bad for yelling at my mom. I did apologize later,and of course she understood. All that pain can do things to ya. My husband and I were talking about it the other day and he said that women must forget how bad the pain is or they would never have more!!! I guess he is kind of right. You know it's bad but ya keep goin!!!With my second,I had a lot of pain after I got home. I was in tears it hurt so bad. They said that was normal after the second baby.
It definitely messes with your mind. I was in labor with my 2nd girl for 41 hours. After about 35 hours (trying to go natural, and of course the idiots won't let you eat or drink, and there is no WAY you can sleep!), I was so exhausted, and in such pain, but I would NOT take any medication. I was so drugged up after my first baby that I was determined to "be there" for my second. Finally, my husband took me into the bathroom and told me I had no choice any more. I was taking SOME kind of med. I could pick which kind, but I was taking something. So I got an epidural, and immediately fell asleep for 5 hours.

Usually HE is the one who has trouble making decisions or seeing things clearly. But childbirth really messes with your mind.

I think a lot of the pain afterward is just due to exhaustion. It may not be as painful as the actual birth, but you are just so exhausted that ANYTHING seems intolerable.

Forum List

Back