Kay Bailey Hutchison: Obama Has A 'Bias' Against Texas

Texas talked about succession. I wish they would do it. They have been clamoring they want to be independent so I say step up and put your money where your mouth is. The people hate the gov't. I hope they didnt ask for assistance during those fires.

What's with all the Texas whining? Seriously.
We've endured 6 years of N'awlins whining. How come you're sick of it already from Texas? Political allergy?

Wow....martyr envy.
No... hypocritical whiner nausea. The fact that you actually equate their self inflicted suffering (because they refused to leave the city or use resources they had available) to a noble act adds in a hint of revulsion too.

Last edited:
Texas talked about succession. I wish they would do it. They have been clamoring they want to be independent so I say step up and put your money where your mouth is. The people hate the gov't. I hope they didnt ask for assistance during those fires.

They did ask for assistance. It was denied. Just as their requests for assistance on the border have been denied. The people of Texas pay taxes.. I bet your sorry ass doesn't.

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is messing with Texas, the senior senator from that state alleged.

Speaking to MSNBC on Friday, Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison acknowledged that Texas does depend heavily on taxpayer funds –- a paradigm at odds with the state's rights braggadocio that frequently emanates from its capital in Austin. But still, Hutchison said, she felt that the Obama White House looked down, if not stigmatized, the Lone Star State.

"I see a bias in this administration against Texas… yes, I do see it in this administration, absolutely. We didn't get the help in the wildfires that I think any other state would have gotten," said Hutchison. "I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas. Even in the border issues we are not getting the help we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200-mile border we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong, and we have had to fight hard for our fair share."

This acute distrust with the Obama administration is nothing new for prominent Texas Republicans. The Gov. Rick Perry, who is a rumored GOP presidential candidate, has hinted that the state would be better off seceding from the United States.

But is it detached from or belied by actually policy? In 2007, during the waning years of the Texan President George W. Bush's administration, the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government. From 2007 through 2009, that number was only slightly less: 92 cents. Kay Bailey Hutchison: Obama Has A 'Bias' Against Texas

That line kind of jumps right out at ya, doesn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is messing with Texas, the senior senator from that state alleged.

Speaking to MSNBC on Friday, Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison acknowledged that Texas does depend heavily on taxpayer funds –- a paradigm at odds with the state's rights braggadocio that frequently emanates from its capital in Austin. But still, Hutchison said, she felt that the Obama White House looked down, if not stigmatized, the Lone Star State.

"I see a bias in this administration against Texas… yes, I do see it in this administration, absolutely. We didn't get the help in the wildfires that I think any other state would have gotten," said Hutchison. "I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas. Even in the border issues we are not getting the help we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200-mile border we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong, and we have had to fight hard for our fair share."

This acute distrust with the Obama administration is nothing new for prominent Texas Republicans. The Gov. Rick Perry, who is a rumored GOP presidential candidate, has hinted that the state would be better off seceding from the United States.

But is it detached from or belied by actually policy? In 2007, during the waning years of the Texan President George W. Bush's administration, the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government. From 2007 through 2009, that number was only slightly less: 92 cents. Kay Bailey Hutchison: Obama Has A 'Bias' Against Texas

the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government

so does this one ass wipe. They're still paying more than they receive. so you can stfu.

the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government

so does this one ass wipe. They're still paying more than they receive. so you can stfu.
Ditto. Carbonated is worried about the check he gets from Gubmint for doing ZERO and posting on Internet sites as this all day...

Carby? Your come-uppance isn't far behind...WE are gonna DEMAND you do something constructive for what you get other than being a LIAR and a general pain in the ASS.

No... hypocritical whiner nausea. The fact that you actually equate their self inflicted suffering (because they refused to leave the city or use resources they had available) to a noble act adds in a hint of revulsion too.

Nonsense – you’re pissed because GWB and the right took a political hit for Katrina that you and other conservatives believed to be unwarranted and unjust. It has nothing to do with ‘equal time’ for Texas.

Nonsense – you’re pissed because GWB and the right took a political hit for Katrina that you and other conservatives believed to be unwarranted and unjust. It has nothing to do with ‘equal time’ for Texas.
Well that's some brainless statements right there, newbie. I find it interesting that you seem to treat that incident as a sacred cow of commie authority.

You ignore the responsibility of the Pre-Jindal Louisiana government. You ignore that Alabama and Mississippi, hit just about as hard, were able to get back on their feet with almost no whining. You ignore the racial component from Mayor "Chocolate City" Nagin. You ignore the fact that the federal government is NOT an instant response assistance network.

And now, when the federal government all but IGNORES the disasters going on in Texas with the wildfires, combined with the threat to shut down ALL air traffic to Texas if they refuse to continue the illegal TSA searches, you see nothing wrong.

Yeah... it's all about GWB and not irresponsible partisan hacks with no concept of honesty or honor trying to score political points on the backs of the poor and abused.

Imbecile.

"They did ask for assistance. It was denied. Just as their requests for assistance on the border have been denied. The people of Texas pay taxes.. I bet your sorry ass doesn't."

If you dont want to the fed gov't to interfere as is so often stated then dont ask for assitance. Everyone hates the federal gov't. They hate how big it has gotten. But in case of disaster the first thing they do is ask for help from the gov't. Just stating the facts is all. They should just succeed. That way they wouldnt have to pay taxes to any gov't. They could do everything themselves as they want.

"They did ask for assistance. It was denied. Just as their requests for assistance on the border have been denied. The people of Texas pay taxes.. I bet your sorry ass doesn't."

If you dont want to the fed gov't to interfere as is so often stated then dont ask for assitance. Everyone hates the federal gov't. They hate how big it has gotten. But in case of disaster the first thing they do is ask for help from the gov't. Just stating the facts is all. They should just succeed. That way they wouldnt have to pay taxes to any gov't. They could do everything themselves as they want.

So now you're all for seccession? We'll let Kay Bailey Hutchison know..

I'm fine if they succeed. It's their choice. Why do they often talk about it but never follow through? Just askin. I am not against them nor am I for them. I dont live there thank the good lord. But if they want to succeed WHY DONT THEY? What is stopping them?

That's right. George Bush sneaked into NOLA and stole all the keys to these buses:

nobussescopydq8.jpg

I'm fine if they succeed. It's their choice. Why do they often talk about it but never follow through? Just askin. I am not against them nor am I for them. I dont live there thank the good lord. But if they want to succeed WHY DONT THEY? What is stopping them?

Maybe it's because they haven't said that they want to seccede.. ever cross your pea picking little two watt bulb?

That's right. George Bush sneaked into NOLA and stole all the keys to these buses:

nobussescopydq8.jpg
ALL Mayor Nagin and that Idiotic Governor that dragged her feet.

nobussescopydq8.jpg
In most cases with bus companies using a locked lot and GPS, the keys are in the bus themselves, often left in the ignition or a predetermined hiding spot that is very easy to find. Those that remove the keys, often have one master fleet key given to all drivers that works in any of their fleet. City buses are push button start from two places if you know what you're doing which is very easy to teach.

So maybe Cheney when he blew the dikes used an EMP to fry all the buses too?

nobussescopydq8.jpg
In most cases with bus companies using a locked lot and GPS, the keys are in the bus themselves, often left in the ignition or a predetermined hiding spot that is very easy to find. Those that remove the keys, often have one master fleet key given to all drivers that works in any of their fleet. City buses are push button start from two places if you know what you're doing which is very easy to teach.

So maybe Cheney when he blew the dikes used an EMP to fry all the buses too?
:lol::eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back