Just How Conservative is the Pope?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
According to Chuck Norris.

He spoke out about being tolerant and inclusive. He indicated that many atrocities are committed in the name of God and religion. He said marriage calls a man and woman to love each other in the manner of God's covenant. (ouch) And he said the Golden Rule is our responsibility to protect and defend human life at every stage of its development.

Sure doesn't sound liberal or communist to me.

Read the story @ Chuck Norris Has a Message About the Pope that Liberals Do NOT Want to Hear

Pope Francis gets sound bit a lot. Not that he doesn't say things leftists like, it's just that they stop listening when they've heard all that they want to hear.

The Catholic Church still believes in conservative things like traditional marriage and that it is not OK to kill inconvenient people who are sick or in the womb.

Meanwhile, Francis is a Jesuit. Way back when, when Ignatius set up the Jesuits, it was to serve the Pope. That a Jesuit would become Pope was not in the plan- it pretty much goes against what a Jesuit is.

Francis is not controversial without reason. By the way, I am a Catholic.

Have an extremely good friend who is DC. Her life comes to a complete standstill when the pope comes on tv and says anything. I don't get it for a prima dona figurehead. What ever on earth deserves that sort of alligence? She's never met him nor is likely to, and hasn't formed a relationship with him. It must be all about indoctrination, born Catholic, raised Catholic, can't ever be anything but Catholic, I guess.

Have an extremely good friend who is DC. Her life comes to a complete standstill when the pope comes on tv and says anything. I don't get it for a prima dona figurehead. What ever on earth deserves that sort of alligence? She's never met him nor is likely to, and hasn't formed a relationship with him. It must be all about indoctrination, born Catholic, raised Catholic, can't ever be anything but Catholic, I guess.
Why don't you ask her about it? Or do you make a habit of blithely guessing that an "extremely good friend" must be indoctrinated?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back