Zone1 Is the Pope worthy of the title "Holy Father" just like God?

You can keep throwing out the same scriptures.
It wasn't the same verses. I kept expanding it from the bottom up to demonstrate the depth of the account. You never caught on to it or understood the significance of each passage that got added. Jesus really couldn't have been more clear. According to Jesus, you have no life in you. His words. Not mine.

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you." John 6:53

It wasn't the same verses. I kept expanding it from the bottom up to demonstrate the depth of the account. You never caught on to it or understood the significance of each passage that got added. Jesus really couldn't have been more clear. According to Jesus, you have no life in you. His words. Not mine.

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you." John 6:53
This passage is a representation of one's spiritual death in coming in contact with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. No one is commanded to literally eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus Christ, this is the passage that would establish the requirement for the weekly communion in honoring the sacrifice of the Christ on our Lord's day, the 1st day of the week..........awaiting His ultimate return. The Life mentioned represents the life of one's soul seeking eternal salvation and fellowship with the Lord.

One must read the entire chapter in order to frame the content and context of the subject matter Jesus is addressing. (John chapter 6) is addressing the results and meaning of the miracle of feeding the 5000 with the fish and and the loaves. After Jesus presented this miraculous act the masses followed Him, demanding that He repeat the miracle of feeding the masses. Jesus chastised them for seeking to fill their physical body and charged them, "I say to you, you seek Me not because you witnessed the signs and wonders of the fish and the loaves, but you seek Me to fill you stomach's with food that perishes (literal food). I say, do not seek after the food that perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life (of the spirit implied), WHICH THE SON OF MAN (Jesus) WILL GIVE YOU. (John 6:26-27)

The masses said, "Lord give us this bread (the body of Christ). Jesus stated, I Am the bread of life......he who comes to Me will never hunger (this is all representative of seeking salvation of the spirit, not the literal body) Jesus goes on to state that those who seek after Him will never thirst. Then in explicit detail Jesus explains exactly what He means with these sayings.............

"......and this is the will of the One who sent Me (the Father/God), that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life (spiritual life); AND I WILL RAISE HIM UP AT THE LAST DAY." Jesus is speaking about defeating hades/death at the final judgment. ETERNAL LIFE (John 6:34-36, 40)

Jesus goes on to explain how His body and blood represent the Spiritual food required to find salvation. (John 6:51-58)

The Apostle Paul also explains How one comes into contact with the saving sacrificial blood of the Christ.........one contracts this blood by being baptized into the body of Christ, baptism represents one's own death, burial and resurrection, to arise sinless like a newborn. This baptism is preformed once..........but one eats the flesh and drinks the blood every Lord's day as a remembrance of Jesus' blood sacrifice, until Jesus returns. (Romans 6:3-11)

This passage is a representation of one's spiritual death in coming in contact with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. No one is commanded to literally eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus Christ, this is the passage that would establish the requirement for the weekly communion in honoring the sacrifice of the Christ on our Lord's day, the 1st day of the week..........awaiting His ultimate return. The Life mentioned represents the life of one's soul seeking eternal salvation and fellowship with the Lord.

One must read the entire chapter in order to frame the content and context of the subject matter Jesus is addressing. (John chapter 6) is addressing the results and meaning of the miracle of feeding the 5000 with the fish and and the loaves. After Jesus presented this miraculous act the masses followed Him, demanding that He repeat the miracle of feeding the masses. Jesus chastised them for seeking to fill their physical body and charged them, "I say to you, you seek Me not because you witnessed the signs and wonders of the fish and the loaves, but you seek Me to fill you stomach's with food that perishes (literal food). I say, do not seek after the food that perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life (of the spirit implied), WHICH THE SON OF MAN (Jesus) WILL GIVE YOU. (John 6:26-27)

The masses said, "Lord give us this bread (the body of Christ). Jesus stated, I Am the bread of life......he who comes to Me will never hunger (this is all representative of seeking salvation of the spirit, not the literal body) Jesus goes on to state that those who seek after Him will never thirst. Then in explicit detail Jesus explains exactly what He means with these sayings.............

"......and this is the will of the One who sent Me (the Father/God), that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life (spiritual life); AND I WILL RAISE HIM UP AT THE LAST DAY." Jesus is speaking about defeating hades/death at the final judgment. ETERNAL LIFE (John 6:34-36, 40)

Jesus goes on to explain how His body and blood represent the Spiritual food required to find salvation. (John 6:51-58)

The Apostle Paul also explains How one comes into contact with the saving sacrificial blood of the Christ.........one contracts this blood by being baptized into the body of Christ, baptism represents one's own death, burial and resurrection, to arise sinless like a newborn. This baptism is preformed once..........but one eats the flesh and drinks the blood every Lord's day as a remembrance of Jesus' blood sacrifice, until Jesus returns. (Romans 6:3-11)
The passage is exactly as it says it is.

John 6:25-66 tells us that after performing the miracle to feed the masses. Jesus tells them that he came down from heaven and is the bread of life. They grumble about this. He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.
John 6:25-66
Jesus the Bread of Life
25 When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”​
26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”​
28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”​
29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”​
30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”​
32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”​
34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”​
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”​
41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”​
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”​
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”​
53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.​
Many Disciples Desert Jesus
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”​
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[e] and life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”​
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.​

The passage is exactly as it says it is.

John 6:25-66 tells us that after performing the miracle to feed the masses. Jesus tells them that he came down from heaven and is the bread of life. They grumble about this. He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.
  • Jesus came down from heaven.
  • Manna came down from heaven.
  • Bread of the Presence (Golden Table along with the Ark of the Covenant and the Lamp stand in the Tabernacle of Exodus). Bread coming from God's presence could only be eaten by the priest (Aaron) and his sons.
If one believes Jesus is one with God, is God, then Jesus' presence in the bread and wine has been what God has been teaching us from time immemorial. Does one believe in God's presence in the Ark of the Covenant Tabernacle? Or, is the belief that God's presence was only symbolic?

Was the tearing of the curtain in the Tabernacle when Jesus was crucified only symbolic? Was God's really presence in the tabernacle (which included Bread of the Presence) or was it merely symbolic?

Or, as Christians do we believe God's presence and the Bread of this Presence is now open and available to all? Jesus said his presence, his body and blood is truly present in the bread and wine of the new covenant and invites all to come and partake.

If those who believe Christ's presence in the bread and wine is merely symbolic, then it only follows they also believe God's presence in the Ark of the Covenant, in the Temple Tabernacle, in the Bread of the Presence must also be seen as merely symbolic indicating a belief that God is merely symbolic. I don't see how a person can have it both ways.

I eat the remembrance of his atonement. And, I was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost entrance into the Kingdom of God on the earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As to Substantiation of the bread and water, In John 6:51-59, Jesus was speaking figuratively. He never intended that they eat His flesh or drink His blood in the literal sense, but that they symbolically “partake” of His death in order to gain life. He had made the transition from literal to figurative speech when He compared Himself to the manna their forefathers had eaten in the desert in verses 48-49. The manna had sustained their forefathers’ temporal lives, but He would sustain their eternal lives.

There is good reason for those who take the Bible literally to read this passage figuratively. First, if Jesus was speaking literally, He would have been counseling His followers to break the Law, something He couldn’t have done. Even the ingestion of animal blood was forbidden, how much more so human blood. (Genesis 9:4 and Leviticus 17:12) Cannibalism is simply not anything the Lord has ever taught.

Second, there’s simply no evidence at all that the early church read this passage literally, but instead saw it as looking forward to the institution of the Lord’s Supper, where bread symbolizes His body, and wine His blood. The idea of the transubstantiation of bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ came into the Catholic Church several hundred years later at the Council of Trent. Just part of the black magic that crept into the apostate church.

Third, the Bible makes clear in many places that belief by faith is the basis for eternal life, not the eating of flesh and the drinking of blood. Two of those places are found earlier in the same chapter of John, in the Lord’s own words and in the same context as the passage you cited (John 6:29 and John 6:40) . No one attains eternal life by merely celebrating communion.

And finally, when He ordained the celebration of communion, He made it clear that the bread and wine of communion symbolize His body and blood. He never said they become it. So the notion of transubstantiation passes none of the three basic laws of hermeneutics. Jesus didn’t teach it, the Scriptures don’t say it, and the apostles didn’t practice it.

Failure after failure.......and the bible proves you correct? :popcorn:

Yeah.........we can tell the Bible proves you correct, all the book, chapter and verses that you have presented that simply blinded us. You have COOKE CUTTER answers from your cult, you keep repeating the same DEBUNKED doctrine over and over, with each presentation the Scriptures prove you wrong. :deal:
Once again, all over the place. Can't you keep is simple and true?
One simple question and I will believe your Cult. Can you Prove that there are men on the moon that dress in the same fashion as the Quakers on earth......a doctrine promoted by Mormonism/ Also can you prove that All Black People are Black because they are being punished by God? Prove this doctrine that you cult promoted and I will believe that you can become gods....... even with all the falsehoods, bigotry, polygamy..... With all these previous false doctrines......you now expect everyone to believe that your cult will become GODS? Did your cult lie then are you lying now? Failure
All over the place again. Keep It Simple Stupid...

Why would I want to prove men on the mood? Actually, we have had men on the moon. Or, are you a cultist denier? Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon. Let me get you some information on this from Mormon.org:

Did Joseph Smith teach that men who look like Quakers live on the moon?

"Possibly, but the only source for this comes from Oliver Huntingon,[BIO] who said in 1881 that he heard it from Philo Dibble,[BIO] who apparently recalled this from 40 years earlier.[1]

According to Huntington, Joseph taught: "Inhabitants of the Moon are more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the Earth, being about 6 feet in height. They dress very much like the Quaker style & are quite general in style or the one fashion of dress. They live to be very old; coming generally, near a thousand years."[2]

There is no account of this from Philo Dibble, and no other corroborating sources for Huntington's claim.

Joseph Smith and Quakers on the Moon

December 7, 1836: Oliver Huntington receives a blessing from his father, William Huntington,[BIO]who said he would be able to "preach to the inhabitants of the moon and the planets if it shall be expedient."[3]

June 27, 1844: Joseph Smith is martyred.[4]

35 years pass:

ca. January–February 1881: Oliver Huntington records in his journal that he heard from Philo Dibble that Joseph Smith taught the moon was inhabited.[5]

February 1892: Oliver Huntington publishes an article in the Young Woman's Journal mistakenly saying that in 1837 Joseph Smith Sr.[BIO] gave him a patriarchal blessing stating he will preach the gospel to men on the moon.[6] (Actually, was Huntington's father who gave him the blessing. Thus, Huntington is a liar.

April 1894: Oliver Huntington again publishes in the Young Woman's Journal a recollection of his blessing about preaching to men on the moon, but adds that he is "confident" that it is referring to a time after mortality.[7]"

What does the Word of the Lord in the Bible talk about falsebearers and those who spread false and even true rumors? There is nothing written in any of our doctrine which is only in our Standard Works; The Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants. Could it have been Joseph's own ignorance of science that he had an incorrect opinion? Of course! Joseph, like others in his time, believed many incorrect things about science and nature. The test of Joseph's integrity as a prophet of God doesn't depend on his understanding of modern science, but on the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon.

THE FACTS
  • There is a single, late, thirdhand source that claims Joseph Smith taught the moon was inhabited by men that looked like Quakers.
  • Other Latter-day Saints believed the sun and the moon were inhabited.
  • Many 19th century scientists believed the moon was likely to be inhabited.
  • The moon is not inhabited.

I proved your fallacy. Time to stop your stupid attacks and start listening to sound reason. Or, are you a liar?

• Jesus came down from heaven.
  • Manna came down from heaven.
  • Bread of the Presence (Golden Table along with the Ark of the Covenant and the Lamp stand in the Tabernacle of Exodus). Bread coming from God's presence could only be eaten by the priest (Aaron) and his sons.
If one believes Jesus is one with God, is God, then Jesus' presence in the bread and wine has been what God has been teaching us from time immemorial. Does one believe in God's presence in the Ark of the Covenant Tabernacle? Or, is the belief that God's presence was only symbolic?

Was the tearing of the curtain in the Tabernacle when Jesus was crucified only symbolic? Was God's really presence in the tabernacle (which included Bread of the Presence) or was it merely symbolic?

Or, as Christians do we believe God's presence and the Bread of this Presence is now open and available to all? Jesus said his presence, his body and blood is truly present in the bread and wine of the new covenant and invites all to come and partake.

If those who believe Christ's presence in the bread and wine is merely symbolic, then it only follows they also believe God's presence in the Ark of the Covenant, in the Temple Tabernacle, in the Bread of the Presence must also be seen as merely symbolic indicating a belief that God is merely symbolic. I don't see how a person can have it both ways.
That is just plain faulty logic. One could be literal and the other symbolic. If you want to use this idiotic childlike logic, then you have to allow all mankind to interpret the Bible the way they want to and accept their correctness in all of it. And, you say that only the priests could eat the manna from heaven? That's just a lie.

You kept expanding the black magic lie of the RCC beginning in about 600AD. Jesus would not have anyone eat actual human flesh and drink human blood. Stupid.

I eat the remembrance of his atonement. And, I was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost entrance into the Kingdom of God on the earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As to Substantiation of the bread and water, In John 6:51-59, Jesus was speaking figuratively. He never intended that they eat His flesh or drink His blood in the literal sense, but that they symbolically “partake” of His death in order to gain life. He had made the transition from literal to figurative speech when He compared Himself to the manna their forefathers had eaten in the desert in verses 48-49. The manna had sustained their forefathers’ temporal lives, but He would sustain their eternal lives.

There is good reason for those who take the Bible literally to read this passage figuratively. First, if Jesus was speaking literally, He would have been counseling His followers to break the Law, something He couldn’t have done. Even the ingestion of animal blood was forbidden, how much more so human blood. (Genesis 9:4 and Leviticus 17:12) Cannibalism is simply not anything the Lord has ever taught.

Second, there’s simply no evidence at all that the early church read this passage literally, but instead saw it as looking forward to the institution of the Lord’s Supper, where bread symbolizes His body, and wine His blood. The idea of the transubstantiation of bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ came into the Catholic Church several hundred years later at the Council of Trent. Just part of the black magic that crept into the apostate church.

Third, the Bible makes clear in many places that belief by faith is the basis for eternal life, not the eating of flesh and the drinking of blood. Two of those places are found earlier in the same chapter of John, in the Lord’s own words and in the same context as the passage you cited (John 6:29 and John 6:40) . No one attains eternal life by merely celebrating communion.

And finally, when He ordained the celebration of communion, He made it clear that the bread and wine of communion symbolize His body and blood. He never said they become it. So the notion of transubstantiation passes none of the three basic laws of hermeneutics. Jesus didn’t teach it, the Scriptures don’t say it, and the apostles didn’t practice it.
According to Jesus in John 6:54 you do not have eternal life and will not be raised up on the last day. His words not mine.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Jesus the Bread of Life
25 When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”​
26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”​
29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”​
30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”​
32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”​
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”​
41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”​
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”​
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”​
53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.​
60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”​
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[e] and life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”​
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.​

You kept expanding the black magic lie of the RCC beginning in about 600AD. Jesus would not have anyone eat actual human flesh and drink human blood. Stupid.
He said the flesh is of no avail. Don't you know the Bible? But your response is exactly what the response was of his followers. They were repulsed by his words.

Jesus tells them that he came down from heaven and is the bread of life. They grumble about this. He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.

Do you find this concept offensive? That Jesus said you should gnaw and chomp on his flesh like the animal that you are? He's not really giving you another option here. He wants you to come face to face with what you are responsible for. You killed Jesus. I killed Jesus. Why wouldn't he call us out as being animals?

According to Jesus in John 6:54 you do not have eternal life and will not be raised up on the last day. His words not mine.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Jesus the Bread of Life
You got your answer. Your interpretation is just plain wrong for the reasons I gave you. Just look at verse 35. Was he talking about physical hunger or spiritual hunger? Spiritual hunger of course. This blows your whole logic and makes all of it illogical. We are spiritually fed by the Sacraments of the Lord. Not physically.

You got your answer. Your interpretation is just plain wrong for the reasons I gave you. Just look at verse 35. Was he talking about physical hunger or spiritual hunger? Spiritual hunger of course. This blows your whole logic and makes all of it illogical. We are spiritually fed by the Sacraments of the Lord. Not physically.
The flesh is of no avail. John 6:63 The flesh is sacrificed for us. Anyone who eats the flesh of Christ and drinks the blood of Christ cannot help but be overcome with remorse for their sins followed by the elation of being loved so much by one willing to sacrifice his flesh and blood for us for no other reason than he loves us and wants us to progress; to become sanctified.

Which is why Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

He said the flesh is of no avail. Don't you know the Bible? But your response is exactly what the response was of his followers. They were repulsed by his words.

Jesus tells them that he came down from heaven and is the bread of life. They grumble about this. He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.
Because they didn't understand the spiritual concept of eternal life and being spiritually fed. Not physically fed. The people were mad that he made himself to be the Messiah, Lord and Jehovah God.

Because they didn't understand the spiritual concept of eternal life and being spiritually fed. Not physically fed. The people were mad that he made himself to be the Messiah, Lord and Jehovah God.
Jesus was extremely clear that he wasn't speaking symbolically. He doubled down on it when they acted offended. You are acting exactly as they did by rejecting his words. He couldn't have been clearer. So obviously what he was saying was important. It's literally the only way you can partake in his crucifixion and resurrection.

You have no life in you. Those are Jesus's words, not mine.

Do you find this concept offensive? That Jesus said you should gnaw and chomp on his flesh like the animal that you are? He's not really giving you another option here. He wants you to come face to face with what you are responsible for. You killed Jesus. I killed Jesus. Why wouldn't he call us out as being animals?
Jesus is Jehovah. Jehovah gave the Israelites the law not to drink blood of animals also not to eat human flesh either. I did not kill Jesus nor did you. Jesus atoned for our sins. But, he did this freely. I gave you all the information you need to realize that the RCC brought this idea into the church well after the apostization of the church.

Jesus is Jehovah. Jehovah gave the Israelites the law not to drink blood of animals also not to eat human flesh either. I did not kill Jesus nor did you. Jesus atoned for our sins. But, he did this freely. I gave you all the information you need to realize that the RCC brought this idea into the church well after the apostization of the church.
We're talking about the passages where he explained eating his body and drinking his blood. You find it offensive so you don't even consider why he would say that or why it is important to understand the meaning of it. Apparently you hate the idea of eating the body and drinking the blood of the one you helped kill more than you hate sin. You don't want to take accountability for his death, so you are not learning a damn thing from it except platitudes. Until you accept your culpability and accept the offensiveness of having to chomp and gnaw on his body you will never partake in his resurrection. His words, not mine.

That is just plain faulty logic. One could be literal and the other symbolic. If you want to use this idiotic childlike logic, then you have to allow all mankind to interpret the Bible the way they want to and accept their correctness in all of it. And, you say that only the priests could eat the manna from heaven? That's just a lie.
Reread what I wrote. I said only priests could eat of the Bread of the Presence (also known as show-bread or the bread of faces). This bread was in Tabernacle with the lamp-stand and the Ark of the Covenant. The Bread of the Presence was different from manna.

We're talking about the passages where he explained eating his body and drinking his blood. You find it offensive so you don't even consider why he would say that or why it is important to understand the meaning of it. Apparently you hate the idea of eating the body and drinking the blood of the one you helped kill more than you hate sin. You don't want to take accountability for his death, so you are not learning a damn thing from it except platitudes. Until you accept your culpability and accept the offensiveness of having to chomp and gnaw on his body you will never partake in his resurrection. His words, not mine.
Yes! It’s repulsive and sick. My Lord would not want me to kill him over and over. Not even once. I partake the Sacraments as he said to, in remembrance only.

Yes! It’s repulsive and sick. My Lord would not want me to kill him over and over. Not even once. I partake the Sacraments as he said to, in remembrance only.
I think you do kill him every day. But putting that aside these are his words. Not mine. You do not abide in him and he does not abide in you.

John 6:56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

Forum List

Back