Judge strikes down voter id law

Read the article. Wait no don't! Its just more lies by the "lamestream" media, amIright?

Voter fraud is rare in U.S. - USATODAY.com

Again, the argumentation is spurious and nonsensical.

ID will disenfranchise the poor - who already have to have ID to use foodstamps, get AFDC or SSI, or even WIC.

The argument you pose are so incredibly fucking stupid as to be laughable.

The reality is you support voter fraud, as does the left-wing court that made this ruling.

You, and they know it will be overturned by the SCOTUS, but you figure that it won't be until after the November elections, giving an opportunity for massive fraud to aid Obama.

massive fraud to aid Obama

This is what I'm talking about. "Massive fraud" you dipshit moron, DOESN'T EXSIST. Most cases of this "fraud" you keep harping on about are nothing more than various, small scale errors made by voters or voting officals.

Regardless of the number of cases of fraud, its been show time and time again that the new voter-ID laws would do little to address the present issues of voting fraud.

So, essentially, you're wanting people to waste tax dollars on ineffective laws aimed at a "virtually nonexsistent" issue. What a GREAT idea.

Still waiting for someone to show where federal courts get the authority to nullify state laws. They don't have it and states need to grow a pair and tell the feds to stop doing it.

A few questions/statements:

1. If I'm an illegal alien, likely trying to stay mostly under the radar for fear of INS deporting me, why would I risk casting just one vote in an election? The risk is high, the reward is low. Likely my vote won't make a difference, but if I'm caught, my life is turned upside down.

2. If in-person fraud is so easy, then I encourage all conservatives on here to make a habit of it this election. You won't get caught, right? Getting Obama out of office is paramount, right? Seems like the logical answer. I'm always hearing about how conservatives supposedly have to "stoop down to the level of liberal thugs."

3. If I'm a person who decides that I am determined to vote fraudulently in person despite all the risks, and I'm required to have an ID to do so, what is preventing me from getting a fake ID? I've already decided that I must commit a felony, I'm sure that I could find someone willing and able to make me a legitimate looking ID.

Truth be told, I'm okay with voter ID if certain requirements are met. I'd like to see efforts to make obtaining the ID as simple and straightforward as possible, rather than scenarios like in Sauk City, WI where the ID issuing office is only open 4 times a year (on the 5th Wednesday of every month). You wan't to require ID? Fine, but I expect there to be monumental efforts to accommodate low income people, students and the elderly (of course, this would cost money).

Recently, I moved to northern CA from southern CA. I met with a recruiting agency. They required me to show both a valid form of ID, plus a document verifying my ability to work in the US. My passport had recently expired and was in the mail to be renewed. I don't know where my social security card had gone, and my birth certificate was at my mother's house. She had to ship it to me. If it weren't for that document though, I would have faced the bureaucratic process in order to prove my status. I would have needed to fill out my request to the state of CA for a certified copy of my birth certificate (accepted by mail only). Then I would have needed to get that statement notarized. Then I would have had to mail it in with a check for processing fees. Not a huge deal as someone of decent wealth, access to a car, and enough free time to make these things happen without missing any work.

By virtue of circumstance, I was left without in hand proof of my citizenship, though I do have a valid CA ID. Imagine if I wasn't as privileged as all that?

Oh noes, now the boarderline nonexistent issue of voter fruad will remain...boarderline nonexistent.

Wow, 1 case of fraud per 15,000,000 people. WE GOT US AN EPIDEMIC!

Making stuff up again i see. We have 40 million illegals in america and you tell us only 3 of them vote???? HAHAHA

Also, you guys want to talk about voting related miscarriages of justice? Let's talk about how Diebold lost tens of thousands of votes in the South Bronx during the 2010 midterms. That's a REAL problem. A RECURRING problem. Tens of thousands of legitimate votes that disappeared. Approximately 30% of the total votes cast.

For all the pearl clutching about how our elections must be kept fair at all costs and even one illegitimate vote is too many, I never ever hear anyone talk about issues like Diebold.

Also, you guys want to talk about voting related miscarriages of justice? Let's talk about how Diebold lost tens of thousands of votes in the South Bronx during the 2010 midterms. That's a REAL problem. A RECURRING problem. Tens of thousands of legitimate votes that disappeared. Approximately 30% of the total votes cast.

For all the pearl clutching about how our elections must be kept fair at all costs and even one illegitimate vote is too many, I never ever hear anyone talk about issues like Diebold.

I guess for it to be an issue it's got to better Obama's chances.

1. If I'm an illegal alien, likely trying to stay mostly under the radar for fear of INS deporting me, why would I risk casting just one vote in an election? The risk is high, the reward is low. Likely my vote won't make a difference, but if I'm caught, my life is turned upside down.

They do it because democrats pay them a $1000 to do it. As for deportation, obozo has made it very clear he's not deporting anyone. Not even illegals who commit further crimes like his drunk driving uncle.

There is no risk to an illegal voting.

They do it because democrats pay them a $1000 to do it. As for deportation, obozo has made it very clear he's not deporting anyone. Not even illegals who commit further crimes like his drunk driving uncle.

I'd like to see some proof of this please. And the fact that Obama won in 2008 does not equal proof.

I'd like to see some proof of this please. And the fact that Obama won in 2008 does not equal proof.

I gave you proof. If obozo won't deport DUI illegals, he won't deport anyone.

Wow, looks like all the illegals can now vote in Texas. The democrats maybe able to pull texas off.:mad:

I don't even believe the US is it's own country anymore. Just a state within the forming world government.

I would't even trust the local government, but we sit here in debate the little shit? We don't deserve freedom and we will likely not have it.

He's not...They're working on forcing a back door free movement zone.

This is what I'm talking about. "Massive fraud" you dipshit moron, DOESN'T EXSIST.

Then you have nothing to worry about from ID.

The ONLY reason you have to fight voter ID is that you know fraud is rampant, and you want to keep it that way.

Most cases of this "fraud" you keep harping on about are nothing more than various, small scale errors made by voters or voting officals.

That, and millions upon millions of dead or ineligible voters on the registration roles that Eric Holder, the most corrupt AG in history, sued to keep from being purged.

I mean, it isn't like you plan to have millions of illegal aliens vote using these registrations, like you do EVERY fucking election..

Regardless of the number of cases of fraud, its been show time and time again that the new voter-ID laws would do little to address the present issues of voting fraud.

Uh huh, which is why your shameful party works so hard to block it.

The left lies, cheats, and steals - but we need to just trust them that they would never use proxy voting fraud to steal elections - not our 100% integrity free democrats....

So, essentially, you're wanting people to waste tax dollars on ineffective laws aimed at a "virtually nonexsistent" issue. What a GREAT idea.

Yeah, you leftists are concerned with "tax dollars," that's it....

Still waiting for someone to show where federal courts get the authority to nullify state laws. They don't have it and states need to grow a pair and tell the feds to stop doing it.

If they find a state law is unconstitutional, then the state law is struck down. State laws cannot contravene the Constitution.

This is what I'm talking about. "Massive fraud" you dipshit moron, DOESN'T EXSIST.

Then you have nothing to worry about from ID.

The ONLY reason you have to fight voter ID is that you know fraud is rampant, and you want to keep it that way.

Most cases of this "fraud" you keep harping on about are nothing more than various, small scale errors made by voters or voting officals.

That, and millions upon millions of dead or ineligible voters on the registration roles that Eric Holder, the most corrupt AG in history, sued to keep from being purged.

I mean, it isn't like you plan to have millions of illegal aliens vote using these registrations, like you do EVERY fucking election..

Uh huh, which is why your shameful party works so hard to block it.

The left lies, cheats, and steals - but we need to just trust them that they would never use proxy voting fraud to steal elections - not our 100% integrity free democrats....

Yeah, you leftists are concerned with "tax dollars," that's it....

Sources please.

That's not proof and you know it.

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting. They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

Um, I think that's the problem. Failing to check on them. They don't check the id of those registering to vote, they don't check them at the polling place, illegals ARE voting. They even announced that on television and no one arrested the illegal who said "we vote too".

Forum List

Back