Judge strikes down voter id law

I have voted in every election since I came of age, you moran. I am simply asking YOU how someone working at a polling place can verify that the person standing in front of them is who they claim they are without an offical ID. AND, if they cannot prove this, WHY should they be allowed to vote? Voting rights should and are reserved for US citizens alone.

See, there's that imaginary scenario of gobs of illegals voting behind your statement.

You prove your citizenship long before election day when you register. So forget this hypothetical fantasy of yours about non-US citizens voting on Election Day.

What remains after that crap is cleared away is a case of someone who is not you showing up on Election Day and claiming to be you and voting in your name.

This is called "in person fraud" and is extremely rare, for obvious reasons. Well, obvious to any thinking person.

If someone votes as you, and then you come along later to vote, all hell breaks loose. That is why it is so rare.

And there is no evidence in person fraud occurs on a largescale level. Not even close to swinging elections. It would require an army of people committing in person fraud to make a difference in an election, but that presents an obvious logistics problem as such an army would be caught when all those people whose votes were stolen show up to vote, too.

One other thing, why is it the only people bithcing about this are those who tend to lean left or are outright Democrats? Do Republican voters not live in rural areas not easily accessbile to a Government center where IDs can be had or something?

Again, you are wrong. I am a paleo-Conservative lifelong Republican. I was a Conservative in the 70s when being a Conservative wasn't cool.

Please describe to us how citizenship is verified during voter registration? What do prospective voters have to do to verify their eligibility to vote?

Be specific, as it is YOUR claim.

And without an ID, how does anyone know such a process was followed?

I am guessing you have never voted. You cannot vote on Election Day unless your name is on the voter registration list.

There is no value added by Voter ID. The current system is more than capable of preventing or catching voter fraud when properly managed. If dead people are voting that is because dead people are not being properly removed from the voter lists. Voter ID will not purge the dead from the lists.

And before you go and post someone committing absentee voter fraud as evidence we need Voter ID like so many other retards have done, you should know that Voter ID does not prevent absentee voter fraud.

And don't run off at the mouth about imaginary largescale frauds which don't actually occur, either. One Voter ID retard on here actually claimed 20 million illegals are going to vote this November!

That was NOT the claim I made, so stop lying. What I said was that voter ID would prevent 20 million illegals from having the opportunity to vote. I also cited a Telemundo poll that showed 80% of illegals WOULD vote, even though they are ineligible.

They don't check for citizenship when you register to vote, at least not in our state and I know, I called them and asked. At first they said, no they don't check, EVER. When I called them on that they claimed that they check intermittently. Given the illegal on television who said "We vote too", I think it's pretty clear illegals ARE voting.

This should come as no surprise – Texas failed to prove voter fraud was an issue, which is understandable given the fact voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

The state may not infringe, preempt, curtail, or otherwise restrict a fundamental right, such as voting, without providing overwhelming evidence in support and a compelling reason to do so.

Because before in person voter fraud was just rampant. Maybe you should let the state of PA know about it....
SOURCE
Because before, women could not find birth control pills just about anywhere......

Epic fail.

There is no down side to Voter ID. Those who say that it prevents people from voting are not only fucking idiots, but weak-minded losers, fearful that if they are not permitted to cheat, they're life is over.

Do yourself a favor and do some research on the number of counties in this country that have more registrations to vote than they have people.

You'd not make a post like that, which makes you look like an idiot.

The irony of you calling my post an epic fail is just beautiful. Not only do you lead with a complete non-sequiter (while additionally demonstrating that you know jack shit about women or birth control, kudos), but you then go on to call me stupid for providing proof that the state of PA themselves admitted that they had no evidence of in-person voter fraud, while simultaneously providing zero sources for your specious assertions.

Who's the idiot here kiddo?
wow, a non-sequiter? In the moronic stance about the GOP war on women, the focus was on women not having access to birth control pills and so we needed to force employers to violate their religious beliefs to pay for these birth control medications.

The problem is, birth control is available everywhere and THERE WAS NO PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED!.

So, pointing out the raw hypocrisy (and your apparent inability to even keep track of your own values) was very appropriate, and set the stage for what a stooge you are.

So, if there is no evidence that there is a problem with women getting birth control, you are willing to accept it as a means of furthering a political point, yet you disagree with a similar law, solving an equally unproven problem.

The entire post was to make you (rightly) look like a moron.

There is no down side to voter ID. None. No one is prevented from voting, no one who has a right to vote, is prohibited from doing so.

And the best part of this is.

No ones Constitutional rights are being infringed upon. No one has the right to require government to allow non-citizens the vote.

This should come as no surprise – Texas failed to prove voter fraud was an issue, which is understandable given the fact voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

The state may not infringe, preempt, curtail, or otherwise restrict a fundamental right, such as voting, without providing overwhelming evidence in support and a compelling reason to do so.

Good Lord, you have to have an id to fly, to get any state or federal service, why on earth do you think people won't have it to vote?

I have voted in every election since I came of age, you moran. I am simply asking YOU how someone working at a polling place can verify that the person standing in front of them is who they claim they are without an offical ID. AND, if they cannot prove this, WHY should they be allowed to vote? Voting rights should and are reserved for US citizens alone.

See, there's that imaginary scenario of gobs of illegals voting behind your statement.

You prove your citizenship long before election day when you register. So forget this hypothetical fantasy of yours about non-US citizens voting on Election Day.

What remains after that crap is cleared away is a case of someone who is not you showing up on Election Day and claiming to be you and voting in your name.

This is called "in person fraud" and is extremely rare, for obvious reasons. Well, obvious to any thinking person.

If someone votes as you, and then you come along later to vote, all hell breaks loose. That is why it is so rare.

And there is no evidence in person fraud occurs on a largescale level. Not even close to swinging elections. It would require an army of people committing in person fraud to make a difference in an election, but that presents an obvious logistics problem as such an army would be caught when all those people whose votes were stolen show up to vote, too.

One other thing, why is it the only people bithcing about this are those who tend to lean left or are outright Democrats? Do Republican voters not live in rural areas not easily accessbile to a Government center where IDs can be had or something?

Again, you are wrong. I am a paleo-Conservative lifelong Republican. I was a Conservative in the 70s when being a Conservative wasn't cool.

Please describe to us how citizenship is verified during voter registration? What do prospective voters have to do to verify their eligibility to vote?

Be specific, as it is YOUR claim.
I've never been asked for proof of citizenship when filling out a voter registration card.

It may be that is why there are counties that have more registrations then people, why they say there is no 'voter fraud' cause the people voting have a registration card. But having a card and being eligible to vote are two things entirely.

Anyway....I'm out......

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting. They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

How are they trying to deny them the right to vote? Without an ID, how do we even know they are citizens?

That doesn't matter. All people in the world should be allowed to vote in our elections, because so much of what we do affects all of humanity.

And yes, I've heard retarded leftists say just that.

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting. They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

How are they trying to deny them the right to vote? Without an ID, how do we even know they are citizens?

They establish their citizenship during the voter registration process, dipshit.

There's no photo on my voter registration card.

How do the poll workers know that's me?

Because before, women could not find birth control pills just about anywhere......

Epic fail.

There is no down side to Voter ID. Those who say that it prevents people from voting are not only fucking idiots, but weak-minded losers, fearful that if they are not permitted to cheat, they're life is over.

Do yourself a favor and do some research on the number of counties in this country that have more registrations to vote than they have people.

You'd not make a post like that, which makes you look like an idiot.

The irony of you calling my post an epic fail is just beautiful. Not only do you lead with a complete non-sequiter (while additionally demonstrating that you know jack shit about women or birth control, kudos), but you then go on to call me stupid for providing proof that the state of PA themselves admitted that they had no evidence of in-person voter fraud, while simultaneously providing zero sources for your specious assertions.

wow, a non-sequiter? In the moronic stance about the GOP war on women, the focus was on women not having access to birth control pills and so we needed to force employers to violate their religious beliefs to pay for these birth control medications.

The problem is, birth control is available everywhere and THERE WAS NO PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED!.

So, pointing out the raw hypocrisy (and your apparent inability to even keep track of your own values) was very appropriate, and set the stage for what a stooge you are.

So, if there is no evidence that there is a problem with women getting birth control, you are willing to accept it as a means of furthering a political point, yet you disagree with a similar law, solving an equally unproven problem.

There is no down side to voter ID. None. No one is prevented from voting, no one who has a right to vote, is prohibited from doing so.

No ones Constitutional rights are being infringed upon. No one has the right to require government to allow non-citizens the vote.

Really? Because I had to go to my doctor for my birth control, where I had to pay my copay. She then gave me my prescription and I took it to the pharmacy to get filled. I was lucky, I was able to take a more generic version because I wasn't specifically taking the pill as a hormone regulator. It still cost me $25/month, and that's with great insurance.

My younger sister takes a different kind that does not have a generic. She pays $75/month with insurance.

Now, we're also both lucky enough that if we were in really dire financial straights, we could conceivably go to Planned Parenthood and get some help, since we live in major cities. Many many women do not have that option.

And don't give me that bullshit about "it only costs $10/month!" because that's just what it is: bullshit. Birth control is a hormonal medication. There are all types of hormone cocktails and they all affect different women in different ways. Not everyone can take the cheapest, most generic version and shame on you for inferring that I'm the asshole for wanting to keep myself healthy and free of a potential abortion decision. Shame on you for trying to make me feel badly about wanting my insurance to cover something so essential when I pay them good money to do just that.

As far as voter ID goes - the facts are clear, it's NOT a problem. HOWEVER, I have already said more than once on this board that I would be open to ID requirements so long as they were instituted in a fair way that gave everyone who might be disenfranchised the opportunity to get one. As opposed to legislation rammed through right before a major election under the idiotic guise of "millions of fake votes are being cast!"

Really? Because I had to go to my doctor for my birth control, where I had to pay my copay. She then gave me my prescription and I took it to the pharmacy to get filled. I was lucky, I was able to take a more generic version because I wasn't specifically taking the pill as a hormone regulator. It still cost me $25/month, and that's with great insurance.

My younger sister takes a different kind that does not have a generic. She pays $75/month with insurance.

Now, we're also both lucky enough that if we were in really dire financial straights, we could conceivably go to Planned Parenthood and get some help, since we live in major cities. Many many women do not have that option.

And don't give me that bullshit about "it only costs $10/month!" because that's just what it is: bullshit. Birth control is a hormonal medication. There are all types of hormone cocktails and they all affect different women in different ways. Not everyone can take the cheapest, most generic version and shame on you for inferring that I'm the asshole for wanting to keep myself healthy and free of a potential abortion decision. Shame on you for trying to make me feel badly about wanting my insurance to cover something so essential when I pay them good money to do just that.

As far as voter ID goes - the facts are clear, it's NOT a problem. HOWEVER, I have already said more than once on this board that I would be open to ID requirements so long as they were instituted in a fair way that gave everyone who might be disenfranchised the opportunity to get one. As opposed to legislation rammed through right before a major election under the idiotic guise of "millions of fake votes are being cast!"

:clap2:

You don't need to show your birth certificate every time you use your ebt card.

Nor when you vote.

But you DO have to show photo ID.

So, HOW do you get your food stamps?

I think all adults have had either the ss card or birth certificate at some point, however they get lost and or misplaced, especially for the poor who move often.

If they don't have a photo ID, they can't cash an SSI check or get their EBT for food stamps and welfare.

The meme you recite is bullshit - as this demonstrates.

There is ONE, and ONLY ONE reason to oppose voter ID, to promote election fraud.

Really? Let's see what the SCOTUS has to say on it...

Want to place a bet on the results, Comrade?

You don't need to show your birth certificate every time you use your ebt card.

Nor when you vote.

But you DO have to show photo ID.

So, HOW do you get your food stamps?

I think all adults have had either the ss card or birth certificate at some point, however they get lost and or misplaced, especially for the poor who move often.

If they don't have a photo ID, they can't cash an SSI check or get their EBT for food stamps and welfare.

The meme you recite is bullshit - as this demonstrates.

There is ONE, and ONLY ONE reason to oppose voter ID, to promote election fraud.

You know what else we really need, a poll tax. I mean republicans are always complaining that opening voting early cost too much, I think a reasonable poll tax would solve that. And maybe we should have a literacy test too, because how can you vote if you can't read properly?

You know what else we really need, a poll tax.

I understand that you're basically a trained monkey who performs a little dance without grasping what you are doing.

Even so, your above stupidity was already defeated. the "poor" already have to have photo ID, no additional burden is added. So the lie you keep repeating does you no good.

I mean republicans are always complaining that opening voting early cost too much,

No they don't, but you constantly lie.

Hey, you're a leftist, you lack integrity - it's a big part of the gig.

I think a reasonable poll tax would solve that.

Then I think you should get your little tin god, Obama, to promote that.

And maybe we should have a literacy test too, because how can you vote if you can't read properly?

An IQ test that one must pass with 50 or better would exclude you, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back