Judge strikes down voter id law

How are they trying to deny them the right to vote? Without an ID, how do we even know they are citizens?

They establish their citizenship during the voter registration process, dipshit.

And without an ID, how does anyone know such a process was followed?

I am guessing you have never voted. You cannot vote on Election Day unless your name is on the voter registration list.

There is no value added by Voter ID. The current system is more than capable of preventing or catching voter fraud when properly managed. If dead people are voting that is because dead people are not being properly removed from the voter lists. Voter ID will not purge the dead from the lists.

And before you go and post someone committing absentee voter fraud as evidence we need Voter ID like so many other retards have done, you should know that Voter ID does not prevent absentee voter fraud.

And don't run off at the mouth about imaginary largescale frauds which don't actually occur, either. One Voter ID retard on here actually claimed 20 million illegals are going to vote this November!

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting.

Because there are citizens without ID - oh wait, no there aren't.

But ID disenfranchises illegal aliens from voting - and Obama is counting on the illegal vote.

They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

You promote and support fraud - that is the extent of it.

They establish their citizenship during the voter registration process, dipshit.

I am guessing you have never voted. You cannot vote on Election Day unless your name is on the voter registration list.

There is no value added by Voter ID. The current system is more than capable of preventing or catching voter fraud when properly managed. If dead people are voting that is because dead people are not being properly removed from the voter lists. Voter ID will not purge the dead from the lists.

And before you go and post someone committing absentee voter fraud as evidence we need Voter ID like so many other retards have done, you should know that Voter ID does not prevent absentee voter fraud.

And don't run off at the mouth about imaginary largescale frauds which don't actually occur, either. One Voter ID retard on here actually claimed 20 million illegals are going to vote this November!

I have voted in every election since I came of age, you moran. I am simply asking YOU how someone working at a polling place can verify that the person standing in front of them is who they claim they are without an offical ID. AND, if they cannot prove this, WHY should they be allowed to vote? Voting rights should and are reserved for US citizens alone.

One other thing, why is it the only people bithcing about this are those who tend to lean left or are outright Democrats? Do Republican voters not live in rural areas not easily accessbile to a Government center where IDs can be had or something?

The registration card provided by the individual is the requirement necessary to vote.

And how does anyone match up said card with the person presenting it to them?

As I have said many, many times, this country has been voting for well over two centuries without Voter ID. Since the days of our Founding Fathers, whom the Voter ID UnConservatives claim to worship so much. It is simply astonishing UnConservatives want to add more government red tape to a constitutional right without any evidence that additional red tape is necessary.

Show an ID to buy beer? That is not evidence we need Voter ID. I can prove ID is the only effective way to prove someone is eligible to buy beer. You cannot prove Voter ID is the only effective way to prove someone is eligible to vote.

Dead people voting? That is not evidence we need Voter ID. That is evidence we need to improve the process of purging dead people from the voter registration lists.

In person fraud? So negligible that it barely registers on the radar and does not swing elections. Now watch the inevitable inventive dipshit come along and say I said there is no voter fraud.

Seeing that your boy's DOJ won't allow states to purge the voting rolls of the dead and the folks who have lost the right to vote because they moved or are felons, the rolls are just chock full of people who will not vote themselves. There is scant chance that anyone who has collected the names of those who should have been purged but have not been, would get caught voting in their place.

I have voted in every election since I came of age, you moran. I am simply asking YOU how someone working at a polling place can verify that the person standing in front of them is who they claim they are without an offical ID. AND, if they cannot prove this, WHY should they be allowed to vote? Voting rights should and are reserved for US citizens alone.

See, there's that imaginary scenario of gobs of illegals voting behind your statement.

You prove your citizenship long before election day when you register. So forget this hypothetical fantasy of yours about non-US citizens voting on Election Day.

What remains after that crap is cleared away is a case of someone who is not you showing up on Election Day and claiming to be you and voting in your name.

This is called "in person fraud" and is extremely rare, for obvious reasons. Well, obvious to any thinking person.

If someone votes as you, and then you come along later to vote, all hell breaks loose. That is why it is so rare.

And there is no evidence in person fraud occurs on a largescale level. Not even close to swinging elections. It would require an army of people committing in person fraud to make a difference in an election, but that presents an obvious logistics problem as such an army would be caught when all those people whose votes were stolen show up to vote, too.

One other thing, why is it the only people bithcing about this are those who tend to lean left or are outright Democrats? Do Republican voters not live in rural areas not easily accessbile to a Government center where IDs can be had or something?

Again, you are wrong. I am a paleo-Conservative lifelong Republican. I was a Conservative in the 70s when being a Conservative wasn't cool.

Seeing that your boy's DOJ won't allow states to purge the voting rolls of the dead and the folks who have lost the right to vote because they moved or are felons, the rolls are just chock full of people who will not vote themselves. There is scant chance that anyone who has collected the names of those who should have been purged but have not been, would get caught voting in their place.

The DOJ stopped the improper purging of voter rolls in Florida. Do not write that one incident large upon all voter registration purges.

And guess what? The charge to stop the improper purge was lead by an election commissioner in a Republican district.

Good and decent US citizens were being purged. Funny you don't hear about that on Fox News, eh?

More lies?

Those who can't be found on the registration lists are given "provisional ballots" that are supposedly vetted after the election.

There is no value added by Voter ID.

Other than establishing that the person is who they claim to be, thus stopping fraud.

And let's face it, stopping fraud never got a democrat elected!

The current system is more than capable of preventing or catching voter fraud when properly managed.

Just as capable as a sieve is of holding enough water to fill a swimming pool.

If dead people are voting that is because dead people are not being properly removed from the voter lists. Voter ID will not purge the dead from the lists.

ROFL

How foolish are your lies..

Dead person on the roles, live Mexican national goes to the polls, "Hola, mi nombre es Gustoff Mueller. Estoy aquí para votar."

The fraud is done at the polls, as you know and support.

I suspect you'll be satisfied with 3 million fraudulent votes.

See, there's that imaginary scenario of gobs of illegals voting behind your statement.

You prove your citizenship long before election day when you register. So forget this hypothetical fantasy of yours about non-US citizens voting on Election Day.

What remains after that crap is cleared away is a case of someone who is not you showing up on Election Day and claiming to be you and voting in your name.

This is called "in person fraud" and is extremely rare, for obvious reasons. Well, obvious to any thinking person.

If someone votes as you, and then you come along later to vote, all hell breaks loose. That is why it is so rare.

And there is no evidence in person fraud occurs on a largescale level. Not even close to swinging elections. It would require an army of people committing in person fraud to make a difference in an election, but that presents an obvious logistics problem as such an army would be caught when all those people whose votes were stolen show up to vote, too.

Again, you are wrong. I am a paleo-Conservative lifelong Republican. I was a Conservative in the 70s when being a Conservative wasn't cool.

While voting is a right, I believe too many people fought and died for that right to be taken so callously. Trying to compare the US citizenry of today with that of it was 200 years ago is like comparing apples and anvils. You and I can agree to disagree on the reasons behind this, but I see NO reason why someone should not have to PROVE they are a US citizen before they are allowed to vote with a picture ID. I also see no reason why all of the voting for the highest office in the land has to take place in ONE day. I agree with the Dems in Ohio that voting should be allowed to be extended to include weekends.

I am currently registered to vote in Connecticut, Florida and Alabama. I currently have only Alabama valid ID. Should I go on a road trip?

there are over 1.8 million registered DEAD voters. Who is to say a person will get these names and VOTE in states that do not require ID laws.. You guys do not want IDs because you KNOW you cant even come close to winning with them

A three-judge panel in Washington ruled Thursday that the law imposes "strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor" and noted that racial minorities in Texas are more likely to live in poverty.

The decision involves an increasingly contentious political issue: a push, largely by Republican-controlled legislatures and governor's offices, to impose strict identification requirements on voters.

The ruling comes in the same week that South Carolina's strict photo ID law is on trial in front of another three-judge panel in the same federal courthouse. A court ruling in the South Carolina case is expected in time for the November election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/texas-voter-id-law_n_1843331.html

Last edited:
how long will it take to insure the citizens have the proper time to comply with any of these laws before the next election?

Forum List

Back