Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Question in 2020 Census

Should the census be allowed to ask this question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Federal Judge has ordered the Commerce Dept to not have the question on the Census.

Judge Orders Trump Administration To Remove 2020 Census Citizenship Question

Furman's decision marks a significant milestone in a legal battle that began shortly after the Trump administration announced last year that the 2020 census would include a controversial question about U.S. citizenship status. The added question was: "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" All U.S. households have not been asked such a question on the census since 1950.

An honest voter database in an "Existential threat" to the democrat Party

What does that tell you?

A Federal Judge has ordered the Commerce Dept to not have the question on the Census.

Furman's decision marks a significant milestone in a legal battle that began shortly after the Trump administration announced last year that the 2020 census would include a controversial question about U.S. citizenship status. The added question was: "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" All U.S. households have not been asked such a question on the census since 1950.

What does that tell you?
I think that roughly 30% of CA residents are now either illegal or anchor babies. Erase all of the illegals CA loses half a dozen electoral votes, and that many seats in the house.

As I recall, the Census is a binding document and you can get into trouble for lying on it. It carries with it, the force of law. In short, you’re testifying.

Wouldn’t asking that question be a violation of the 5th Amendment?

Wouldn't asking any of the questions on the form other than the number of people living in your household violate the same?

No. I would think that questions about your employment wouldn’t constitute a violation of the 5th. Asking if you’re here illegally is pretty much asking you to testify against yourself though.

Does that mean it is an illegal question when purchasing a firearm too?

Fair question. I don’t think you can equate the two however.
I don’t see why not. It’s the same exact question. Why do you believe they are different?

I don’t see why not. It’s the same exact question. Why do you believe they are different?

One allows you to buy a gun. The other doesnt

Just remember, for every 770k people, Democrats get a new seat in Congress.

As I recall, the Census is a binding document and you can get into trouble for lying on it. It carries with it, the force of law. In short, you’re testifying.

Wouldn't asking any of the questions on the form other than the number of people living in your household violate the same?

No. I would think that questions about your employment wouldn’t constitute a violation of the 5th. Asking if you’re here illegally is pretty much asking you to testify against yourself though.

But it's not asking if you're here illegally, is it? Just if you're a citizen. There are plenty of legal resident aliens in this country.

In any case, the entire point of the Census was solely for Congressional apportionment. Since that time it's come to ask all kinds of questions into people's lives. I don't see how this question is any less Constitutional than the other questions asked.

I'm all for doubling or quadrupling the legal immigration quota. Heck, let all illegals who are here have an easy path to citizenship if they can work and stay out of jail for a decade.

Still, what's the real harm in asking for counting purposes? Are we going to find out there are more illegals near the border or something and target enforcement into certain census tracks? Are people going to answer honestly?

The questions aren't being asked by law enforcement, so no.

What does that tell you?
I think that roughly 30% of CA residents are now either illegal or anchor babies. Erase all of the illegals CA loses half a dozen electoral votes, and that many seats in the house.

TX and FL would likely loose seats also.

This is another ruling the Trump Administration should ignore.

But it's not asking if you're here illegally, is it? Just if you're a citizen. There are plenty of legal resident aliens in this country.

In any case, the entire point of the Census was solely for Congressional apportionment. Since that time it's come to ask all kinds of questions into people's lives. I don't see how this question is any less Constitutional than the other questions asked.

Exactly there are a lot of non-citizen resident aliens, just answering a citizenship question isn't saying you're here illegally.

we will be sure to write none of your business across the entire paper they gget our first and last name that's it . They can take their census bs and shove it up thier fkn asses because if racist bs isn't to exist then stop asking WE THE PEOPLE WHAT FK COLOR, RACE, RELIGION WE ARE TO BEGIN WITH NOT ONLY ON A CENSUS PUT YOUR PATHETIC AMERICAN JOB APPLICATIONS, IF YOU ARE NOT GATHERING OR JUDGING PPL BASED OFF ALL THOSE ITEMS YOU CLAIM NOT TO DO , THEN WHY ASK ANY OF IT .
Dude, I've heard about this stuff called Prozac, it's supposed to help folks like you.

You might wanna check into it.

Asking a person to testify against his self does not violate the 5th. Forcing a person to testify against violates the 5th.

there is no immigration clause; we have a naturalization clause.

So?

It’s a valid question regardless.

Ok

So?

It’s a valid question regardless.
Ok

Democrats forcing their moral neutrality on everyone.

As opposed to republicans forcing their will on everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattle off a list of things they forced you to do snowflake.

You can’t be serious.
Insult me and expect a response?
Get therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling you a snowflake is a high honor.

What does that tell you?

TX and FL would likely loose seats also.

No, they would not "loose" seats. States up north are losing seats, like NY and Pennsylvania where tax flight is more common.

Forum List

Back