Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Question in 2020 Census

Should the census be allowed to ask this question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I recall, the Census is a binding document and you can get into trouble for lying on it. It carries with it, the force of law. In short, you’re testifying.

Wouldn’t asking that question be a violation of the 5th Amendment?

Wouldn't asking any of the questions on the form other than the number of people living in your household violate the same?

No. I would think that questions about your employment wouldn’t constitute a violation of the 5th. Asking if you’re here illegally is pretty much asking you to testify against yourself though.
Asking a person to testify against his self does not violate the 5th. Forcing a person to testify against violates the 5th.

Try that post again. You failed miserably.

As I recall, the Census is a binding document and you can get into trouble for lying on it. It carries with it, the force of law. In short, you’re testifying.

Wouldn't asking any of the questions on the form other than the number of people living in your household violate the same?

No. I would think that questions about your employment wouldn’t constitute a violation of the 5th. Asking if you’re here illegally is pretty much asking you to testify against yourself though.
Asking a person to testify against his self does not violate the 5th. Forcing a person to testify against violates the 5th.

Forcing a person to testify against HIMSELF violates the 5th. If that's my worst failure today, I'm doing pretty good.

Forcing a person to testify against HIMSELF violates the 5th. If that's my worst failure today, I'm doing pretty good.

Why didn't you just say that the first time and explain what that has to do with the topic?

A Federal Judge has ordered the Commerce Dept to not have the question on the Census.

Judge Orders Trump Administration To Remove 2020 Census Citizenship Question

Furman's decision marks a significant milestone in a legal battle that began shortly after the Trump administration announced last year that the 2020 census would include a controversial question about U.S. citizenship status. The added question was: "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" All U.S. households have not been asked such a question on the census since 1950.

I'm all for doubling or quadrupling the legal immigration quota. Heck, let all illegals who are here have an easy path to citizenship if they can work and stay out of jail for a decade.

Still, what's the real harm in asking for counting purposes? Are we going to find out there are more illegals near the border or something and target enforcement into certain census tracks? Are people going to answer honestly?

Nope because true illegals have no constitutional rights. If the 2nd amendment doesn't apply neither does the 5th.

1. I didn't realize I left that word out. It's not like i proofread every post I make.

2. Read the posts I was responding to if you want to know what it has to do with topic,

A Federal Judge has ordered the Commerce Dept to not have the question on the Census.

Furman's decision marks a significant milestone in a legal battle that began shortly after the Trump administration announced last year that the 2020 census would include a controversial question about U.S. citizenship status. The added question was: "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" All U.S. households have not been asked such a question on the census since 1950.

I'm all for doubling or quadrupling the legal immigration quota. Heck, let all illegals who are here have an easy path to citizenship if they can work and stay out of jail for a decade.

Still, what's the real harm in asking for counting purposes? Are we going to find out there are more illegals near the border or something and target enforcement into certain census tracks? Are people going to answer honestly?

Nope because true illegals have no constitutional rights. If the 2nd amendment doesn't apply neither does the 5th.

Where did you learn that the Bill of Rights does not apply to "true illegals"?

For the record, the BoR's applies to all, sadly for you to people of color and to all human beings too - even you.

An honest voter database in an "Existential threat" to the democrat Party

What does that tell you?
I think that roughly 30% of CA residents are now either illegal or anchor babies. Erase all of the illegals CA loses half a dozen electoral votes, and that many seats in the house.

TX and FL would likely loose seats also.

No, they would not "loose" seats. States up north are losing seats, like NY and Pennsylvania where tax flight is more common.

Have you read the 14th Amendment, it says counts for representation should be reduced by the number of voting aged adults that aren't eligible to vote. That would include felons that have lost their voting rights and both legal and illegal immigrants.

Census workers are not law enforcement, plus illegals are NOT the only non-citizens living in the country. You also have TPS, refugees, asyles and permanent residences. Also people in welfare offices question citizenship all the damn time.

What does that tell you?
I think that roughly 30% of CA residents are now either illegal or anchor babies. Erase all of the illegals CA loses half a dozen electoral votes, and that many seats in the house.

No, they would not "loose" seats. States up north are losing seats, like NY and Pennsylvania where tax flight is more common.

Have you read the 14th Amendment, it says counts for representation should be reduced by the number of voting aged adults that aren't eligible to vote. That would include felons that have lost their voting rights and both legal and illegal immigrants.

OK. Agreed. Now what does that have to do with what I said? I am stating facts. Look at the recent changes in the electoral college due to changes in the census.

1. I didn't realize I left that word out. It's not like i proofread every post I make.

2. Read the posts I was responding to if you want to know what it has to do with topic,

Why don't you?

How can I read something that you don't quote, like in this post for example?
I quoted it earlier....go back and look, if you are not too lazy.

It is not my job to do your job. Be clear or shut up! Making excuses for your ignorance is a lib tactic and quite beneath you.

What does that tell you?

OK. Agreed. Now what does that have to do with what I said? I am stating facts. Look at the recent changes in the electoral college due to changes in the census.

If non-citizens weren't counted for representation, states with high populations will lose seats. They haven't been enforcing the provisions of the 14th for some time now. Non-citizens can be legally counted for every other purpose.

If non-citizens weren't counted for representation, states with high populations will lose seats. They haven't been enforcing the provisions of the 14th for some time now. Non-citizens can be legally counted for every other purpose.

I have a question for you. Where did I disagree with any of that? Why are you arguing something with me that we agree upon?

You need to select your targets better.

I have a question for you. Where did I disagree with any of that? Why are you arguing something with me that we agree upon?

No, they would not "loose" seats.
Any questions?

Any questions?

Yeah, why are their seats loose? If they are, they might lose them!

Any questions?

Now you're being a typo nazi, really? lmao

Any questions?

That's not usually a typo. It is incorrect word choice. A typo would be spelling it "louse" or something similar.

Any questions?

That's not usually a typo. It is incorrect word choice. A typo would be spelling it "louse" or something similar.

No it was a typo, if you bothered to look it was spelled correctly in other posts.

Forum List

Back