Judge Orders Christian to pay Homo for using “Inappropriate” Bible verse

I always heard that the Old Testament is for the Jews and the New Testament was for the Christians, why was this guy quoting Old Testament...That's where he went wrong...
"Christians" only use Leviticus (The Book of Leviticus is the third book of the Hebrew Bible, and the third of five books of the Torah.)
to bolster their bigotry and other hatred and ignorance.
Jesus was supposed to change all that.

Jesus was not anti- anything.

He taught love for everybody, acceptance of everybody and do onto others as you would have them do unto you.

It is the interpretation of bible quotes that has Christians quoting anti - every interprets their own way

Pretty sure Jesus was anti sin bruh.
define sin.... deewb

Sin is pretty self explanatory.

Did you or did not claim that Jesus was not anti anything?
not a claim, it's fact as far as anything in the bible can be considered fact.
when a book has silly shit like this: " Bringing unauthorised fire before God" in it ,than all of it is questionable

Who gives a fuck? You're free to not believe in God, and the person who does believe in God is free to believe that they should't do business with gays.

See how that works you authoritarian loon

"Christians" only use Leviticus (The Book of Leviticus is the third book of the Hebrew Bible, and the third of five books of the Torah.)

He taught love for everybody, acceptance of everybody and do onto others as you would have them do unto you.

It is the interpretation of bible quotes that has Christians quoting anti - every interprets their own way

Yet he did not advocate hate of the sinner...

Certainly true. About 90% of what liberals claim is hating someone is not though.
hate is the forte of the right...

wrong

Hate is the forte of the narrow minded bigots. Who exist on both the left and the right.

You sir are a narrow minded left wing hateful bigot. I feel sorry for you, being trapped in a little bubble where you believe only one side can ever be right must be a sad existence.
thanks for proving my point ......
you only wish that were true..
hate expends a lot of energy and takes up a lot of time.
you must be exhausted all the tme.

I always heard that the Old Testament is for the Jews and the New Testament was for the Christians, why was this guy quoting Old Testament...That's where he went wrong...

define sin.... deewb
anything that transgresses the will or law of God...
god's will has proven changeable...

define sin.... deewb
anything that transgresses the will or law of God...
god's will has proven changeable...
Just depends on the addiction of those dependant....

define sin.... deewb

Sin is pretty self explanatory.

Did you or did not claim that Jesus was not anti anything?
not a claim, it's fact as far as anything in the bible can be considered fact.
when a book has silly shit like this: " Bringing unauthorized fire before God" in it ,than all of it is questionable

Who gives a fuck? You're free to not believe in God, and the person who does believe in God is free to believe that they shouldn't do business with gays.

See how that works you authoritarian loon
nice deflection there alfalfa....
this thread is about freedom of speech.
lots of people give a fuck. it's obvious you do .
if not,why waste the time replying?

Certainly true. About 90% of what liberals claim is hating someone is not though.

wrong

Hate is the forte of the narrow minded bigots. Who exist on both the left and the right.

You sir are a narrow minded left wing hateful bigot. I feel sorry for you, being trapped in a little bubble where you believe only one side can ever be right must be a sad existence.

I don't wish it were true it IS true.

All you do is bitch and moan about "the right" its pathetic.

wrong

I don't wish it were true it IS true.

All you do is bitch and moan about "the right" its pathetic.
False! your reply is a kind of wish fulfillment ...
I state facts about the right...you bitch and moan about that...

Homosexuals aren't really people in the sense of possessing a charter of morality that you and I can understand. Right and wrong mean nothing to them, and the rights of others mean even less. There's a reason God commands us to abstain from homosexuality, not only because of the intrinsic evil of the lifestyle, but the moral bankruptcy that accompanies it.
I agree and with the rights of other people meaning less to them in my opinion only makes them even more ignorant, hate filled, and arrogant than Christians are accused of being.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Have they ever stopped to wonder why they have never had the kind of rights that they are wanting in the first place? Because their life style is wrong. If it were right, both genders would not need any help from the other in order to replenish this planet. They could stay amongst their own kind in order to naturally get pregnant.
And yet another ignorant, hateful rightist chimes in.
Hey, if I was a hateful person, I would just be another cheerleader for those who love to blow the homosexuals into the middle of next life time and have I ever once encouraged anyone to do that? Never.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Just because I don't cheer lead the homosexual lifestyle either doesn't mean that I hate those who live it.

I, as a Christian, would have sent the preacher to James 2:10 and schooled him on what Jesus taught.

So you would have labored to convince him that Jesus contradicted himself by teaching homosexuality was ok when in fact he taught it was an abomination on Mt. Sinai. Got it.
Nope not at all, forgiveness perhaps, and not to judge. As far as Leviticus 20 goes God hates divorce and those that commit adultery should be put to death, not only gays but so as I said perhaps 100 million Americans most likely more then that should be put to death. You cannot claim just gay people if your going to quote that verse and anyone who divorces and marries again should be put to death because that is adultery, Like I said before, you guys pick and choose what to follow, and convienantly forget the sins you commit.

Besides the fact the New Testament trumps the Old Testament so unless your Jewish you really should not be quoting verses that is obsolete due to Jesus's sacrifice.
You missed the point altogether. Jesus is not a different God than the one that gave the law on Mt. Sinai, he is the same. That's your first mistake. The second is your assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive account of all Jesus taught. They aren't. In fact, the teachings of Christ are reflected in the teachings of his apostles and their immediate successors, most notably Paul and Jude who warned of the sin of homosexuality. The third mistake you make is the fallacy that disobeying some of God's laws renders the rest void. It doesn't. Such is the folly of trying to interpret the word of God without actually knowing God.
That is the point of what I posted. It is correct to state that homosexuality is wrong and against God's Law. It is not correct, however, to act like it is some kind of "super sin" that trumps all others. There are two commandments that Jesus taught. If you get those two right, you'll get all the others as well.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

If you love God, you'll do what He commands.

Loving God and loving your neighbor does not give somebody a pass to live a sinful lifestyle.....and more people are doing that just by shacking up than homosexuals, I agree. All sin is equal in its capacity to forever separate us from the love of God and all sinners, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, and even "nice people" are called to repentance. "For there is no other name under heaven, given among men, by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Why do you really care about if they sin or not? Does it hurt you? Does it make you unable to go to church? Does it effect your lifestyle? Does it change the way you think? Not everyone is christian.....you can still live your life but this contant banter about gay people leads me to believe they hit a nerve, are you afraid you may have gay tendencies? Lol.

You can do what you want but want to legislate against those who choose a different path. Get off your high horse dude! I bet there are gay people that cook your food or even cut your hair or take your letters at the post office. You don't know and it doesn't hurt you. How about it is none of your damn business what they do. This country is supposed to be free, and to pursue the pursuit of happiness. You sir are very anti American. And your hate is consuming you.

So you would have labored to convince him that Jesus contradicted himself by teaching homosexuality was ok when in fact he taught it was an abomination on Mt. Sinai. Got it.
Nope not at all, forgiveness perhaps, and not to judge. As far as Leviticus 20 goes God hates divorce and those that commit adultery should be put to death, not only gays but so as I said perhaps 100 million Americans most likely more then that should be put to death. You cannot claim just gay people if your going to quote that verse and anyone who divorces and marries again should be put to death because that is adultery, Like I said before, you guys pick and choose what to follow, and convienantly forget the sins you commit.

Besides the fact the New Testament trumps the Old Testament so unless your Jewish you really should not be quoting verses that is obsolete due to Jesus's sacrifice.
You missed the point altogether. Jesus is not a different God than the one that gave the law on Mt. Sinai, he is the same. That's your first mistake. The second is your assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive account of all Jesus taught. They aren't. In fact, the teachings of Christ are reflected in the teachings of his apostles and their immediate successors, most notably Paul and Jude who warned of the sin of homosexuality. The third mistake you make is the fallacy that disobeying some of God's laws renders the rest void. It doesn't. Such is the folly of trying to interpret the word of God without actually knowing God.
That is the point of what I posted. It is correct to state that homosexuality is wrong and against God's Law. It is not correct, however, to act like it is some kind of "super sin" that trumps all others. There are two commandments that Jesus taught. If you get those two right, you'll get all the others as well.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Loving God and loving your neighbor does not give somebody a pass to live a sinful lifestyle.....and more people are doing that just by shacking up than homosexuals, I agree. All sin is equal in its capacity to forever separate us from the love of God and all sinners, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, and even "nice people" are called to repentance. "For there is no other name under heaven, given among men, by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Why do you really care about if they sin or not? Does it hurt you? Does it make you unable to go to church? Does it effect your lifestyle? Does it change the way you think? Not everyone is christian.....you can still live your life but this contant banter about gay people leads me to believe they hit a nerve, are you afraid you may have gay tendencies? Lol.

You can do what you want but want to legislate against those who choose a different path. Get off your high horse dude! I bet there are gay people that cook your food or even cut your hair or take your letters at the post office. You don't know and it doesn't hurt you. How about it is none of your damn business what they do. This country is supposed to be free, and to pursue the pursuit of happiness. You sir are very anti American. And your hate is consuming you.

Well as Christians we're supposed to reject sin, not embrace it...and as a church, we are supposed to help our brethren to reject sin. So don't preach at us, it's not hate. It's love.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Well as Christians we're supposed to reject sin, not embrace it...and as a church, we are supposed to help our brethren to reject sin. So don't preach at us, it's not hate. It's love.
Nonsense.

You're as much a liar as the OP.

Your animosity toward gay Americans is predicated on fear, ignorance, and hate hidden behind the facade of Christian dogma; consequently it's perfectly appropriate to be critical of you and others on the social right because of your fear, ignorance, and hate.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Then why use Leviticus 20 to prove a point, because if you truly believe what it says and you are not putting to death divorcees and gays then your a bad christian, since your using that argument. But if you tell me that the New Testament is why you do not kill those people then why use that as an argument. My point is valid because you rail against gays but not against divorce. And your God hates divorce because it is a broken convenant again. you can preach against it but turn a blind eye to other sin. How about we make a law against divorce and not sell cake or flowers to divorcees who remarry.

Live your life as the example and don't judge. If it is righteous then others will follow your example.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Then why use Leviticus 20 to prove a point, because if you truly believe what it says and you are not putting to death divorcees and gays then your a bad christian, since your using that argument. But if you tell me that the New Testament is why you do not kill those people then why use that as an argument. My point is valid because you rail against gays but not against divorce. And your God hates divorce because it is a broken convenant again. you can preach against it but turn a blind eye to other sin. How about we make a law against divorce and not sell cake or flowers to divorcees who remarry.

Live your life as the example and don't judge. If it is righteous then others will follow your example.

What gives you authority over me or my church?

That's right, nothing. Thank you, I know how Christianity works. And it doesn't work the way you think it does.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

That's right, nothing. Thank you, I know how Christianity works. And it doesn't work the way you think it does.
Because your a hypocrite. How many times have you been divorced?

Let me guess? it is none of my business......see my point!

Because your a hypocrite. How many times have you been divorced?

Let me guess? it is none of my business......see my point!

It's none of your business.

You aren't a member of my church.

Now my brethren, I'll gladly share that information with, and listen to their gentle admonitions about my lifestyle, if they feel compelled to admonish me. And here's the thing...you reject the sin. That doesn't mean you never sin. It means you do your best to put the sin away from you.

Homos pretending that homosexuality isn't a sin can't be Christian, because they know that homosexuality is a sin..and they are lying about it..and they are making no effort to reject the sin. They are doubly in trouble because this is a sin against the Holy Spirit, and they will get in a lot of trouble for knowingly lying to the Spirit.

This is complicated stuff for assholes, so I don't expect you to understand. All you need to know is you have no authority whatever over me, or my faith. You count for nothing because you are anti-Christian.

Forum List

Back