John Kyle never said that Abortion is 90% of what Planned Parenthood does

How long until one of the loons tries to argue that he never said it.

What's worse, people like the scroungy chicken that think's they're a hawk will defend that statement as "factually accurate", even though Kyle himself said it was not intended to be factual.

My question is...........is it ethical to lie boldly on the House floor?

GayBikerSailer,

When did I ever defend his statement?

You're trying to say that it's more like 15 percent ya scroungy chicken.

This has been gong on for years.

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0043-4078(195912)12%3A4%3C981%3ATCRFOF%3E2.0.CO%3B2-T

They have tried to stop it before.

"CONGRESSIONAL RECORD" was a venerated Capitol Hill oxymoron, like "public-interest group," until this month. Lawmakers were able to review their exchanges in cold, crisp type, then embellish and chisel before the Record, daily journal of Congress's oratory, went to press. The printed record of House debate bore about as much resemblance to the real thing as Earl Scheib did to DaVinci.Then the new Republican House enacted a rule limiting revisions in the Record to corrections of grammar, typographical errors and other nits. Words count, Speaker Newt Gingrich said, and the Record would no longer rewrite the truth.
Word for Word / In the House - How the Record Tells the Truth Now - NYTimes.com

Not sure how long that lasted, but my personal favorite from recent history is when Obama called the estate tax the Paris Hilton tax break. It would have been really funny if he had actually said it.

On June 8, 2006, as Congress mulled a measure to repeal the estate tax, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California rose to oppose the proposal. "Now is not the time," the Democrat declared, "to place the interests of a small number of millionaires ahead of millions of working families." She continued in this vein for over 1,100 words, then yielded the floor to Sen. Mitch McConnell. The Kentucky Republican took the opposite point of view, declaring the levy "one of the most destructive, unfair taxes ever conceived by government." Then more senators took their turns at the microphone, arguing one side or the other: Mike Enzi, Tom Harkin, Lamar Alexander, Carl Levin, John Kerry, Orrin Hatch, Conrad Burns, Gordon Smith, Barbara Mikulski, John McCain. Barack Obama called the proposal "the Paris Hilton tax break," which probably prompted some chuckles in the gallery.
Or would have, had he actually said it. Though all that activity appears in the Congressional Record, none of it really occurred. Only eight senators participated in the debate; the others -- everyone listed above -- pasted their remarks in later. What looks like a long exchange of ideas is in effect a series of press releases composed by the senators or their staffs, dropped into the Record to look like they were spoken aloud on the floor. In theory, such additions are supposed to be underlined or marked with a black dot -- a rule added after Rep. Hale Boggs (D-La.) somehow managed to give a speech on the House floor while he was dying in an Alaska plane crash. But if you go to the Congressional Record's website and examine its account of June 8, you will find no dot, no understroke, no change in typeface, no sign at all that when Sen. Feinstein begins to speak you have exited history and entered a loquacious fantasy.
The Imaginary Adventures of the U.S. Senate - Reason Magazine

Can anyone explain the outrage when the subject is abortion and the editor is a Republican? Or should I just assume this is more partisanship from the left of the board?

Last edited:
John Kyl told him

I don't give a damn what John Kyl said.

What really is the point of your OP? That because someone said something that was incorrect that means abortion is A-OK!!!

Fetuses are being slaughtered, and people are making money off it, and all you can do is defend them.
Ayn Rand:
"One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living."

John Kyl told him

What really is the point of your OP? That because someone said something that was incorrect that means abortion is A-OK!!!

Fetuses are being slaughtered, and people are making money off it, and all you can do is defend them.

Regardless, Abortion is still legal in this country and Planned Parenthood is doing nothing wrong.

They also prevent more abortions than the rightwing does with it's ineffective legislation.

Planned Parenthood is the single largest abortion provider for the nation.

Its disgusting how you libs will defend this to no end.

And to be factual PP makes about 15% of its revenue from abortions, not "3%". Take away their government grants and suddenly that 15% jumps WAY up.

Remember folks, making profit in corporate America is evil...unless you're in the business of murdering babies.

Carry on dipshits.
Link? Proof?

He needs to check with John Kyl first.

oh puleeze....

piss up a rope.

HE LIED! LIED! LIED! LIED!

moron.

And what do you want me to do about it? Start praising how great Planned Parenthood is? :cuckoo:

how about showing some of your famous faux outrage at the LIES? it's really quite simple.

and planned parenthood mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women.

oh no!!! how horrible.

but feel free to go on with your hysterical anti-choice lunacy.

oh puleeze....

piss up a rope.

HE LIED! LIED! LIED! LIED!

moron.

And what do you want me to do about it? Start praising how great Planned Parenthood is? :cuckoo:

how about showing some of your famous faux outrage at the LIES? it's really quite simple.

and planned parenthood mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women.

oh no!!! how horrible.

Jillian,
I am pro-choice. But to pretend that Planned Parenthood "mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women" is a real stretch! Women go there to get an abortion. They get condoms and "information" after the deed is done.

oh no!!! how horrible.

Jillian,
I am pro-choice. But to pretend that Planned Parenthood "mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women" is a real stretch! Women go there to get an abortion. They get condoms and "information" after the deed is done.

Tell ya what Ass Sander..........provide a link from a reliable source that prove that.

You fail, retard.

oh no!!! how horrible.

Jillian,

Tell ya what Ass Sander..........provide a link from a reliable source that prove that.

You fail, retard.

Planned Parenthood's own numbers who that over 90% of the pregnant women they see end up getting an abortion. This is something I have posted links to more than once, and been attacked by pro abortionists because they think I am saying that 90% of the PP is spent on abortions, or that 90% of everything they do is abortions.

One thing I would love somebody to explain is how, since they provide over 300,000 abortions a year, how is it that they spend so little money on abortions? If I were to believe their figures they manage to keep the cost of an abortion to less than $100. They seem to be unbelievable efficient at keeping the costs down.

Jillian,

You fail, retard.

Planned Parenthood's own numbers who that over 90% of the pregnant women they see end up getting an abortion. This is something I have posted links to more than once, and been attacked by pro abortionists because they think I am saying that 90% of the PP is spent on abortions, or that 90% of everything they do is abortions.

One thing I would love somebody to explain is how, since they provide over 300,000 abortions a year, how is it that they spend so little money on abortions? If I were to believe their figures they manage to keep the cost of an abortion to less than $100. They seem to be unbelievable efficient at keeping the costs down.

In many areas, Planned Parenthood is the only game in town if a woman chooses to have an abortion. It seems reasonable that most pregnant women would go there after deciding to abort.
Planned Parenthood is also the first choice for a sexually active 15 year old who is afraid to ask her parents for birth control. Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than all the abstenance education programs in the country

A politician made some bullshit statement. Color me shocked. *shakes head* I can't believe this happened.

What I do find funny is that the same people who get their panties in a wad over this 'lie', are the same ones who explain away the bullshit from their own side.

A politician made some bullshit statement. Color me shocked. *shakes head* I can't believe this happened.

What I do find funny is that the same people who get their panties in a wad over this 'lie', are the same ones who explain away the bullshit from their own side.

You being a hypocrite, color me shocked.

You fail, retard.

In many areas, Planned Parenthood is the only game in town if a woman chooses to have an abortion. It seems reasonable that most pregnant women would go there after deciding to abort.
Planned Parenthood is also the first choice for a sexually active 15 year old who is afraid to ask her parents for birth control. Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than all the abstenance education programs in the country

The rationalization begins.

i dont care how many they do a year.
Its none of your fucking business so shut the fuck up and go live your life.

Yeah no kidding. Don't they have enough going on in your life to actually care what others do with their own lives?

Seriously worry about your own life.

Think about it, if abortions were illegal, how bad the unemployment rate would be? Seriously think of the consequences of what the hell you propose. Actually use your brain, I know you have it.

The rationalization begins.

So you're against birth control? Thats retarded.

i dont care how many they do a year.
Its none of your fucking business so shut the fuck up and go live your life.

Yeah no kidding. Don't they have enough going on in your life to actually care what others do with their own lives?

Seriously worry about your own life.

Think about it, if abortions were illegal, how bad the unemployment rate would be? Seriously think of the consequences of what the hell you propose. Actually use your brain, I know you have it.

Actually, the question I would ask is if they were made illegal again, how many women would die in back alley operations?

But, the "compassionate conservatives" would say that she was sinning and the wages of sin is death, so she deserved to die for getting an abortion.

I'm guessing if they were illegal, there would be a lot of people on welfare, with many kids going to orphanages after their mothers die.

Forum List

Back