John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

So what you're saying is...you have nothing say or contribute.

If republicans were to outlaw abortion it would be the end of the republican party. So many democrat voting welfare queens "clubbing" on the taxpayers dime would be squirting out babies they can't afford, who in turn, will only mimic the shiftless dependency of the queen that spawned them and their increase will create an electoral environment exclusively beneficial to democrats. Abortion = less democrat votes. Ergo, abortion can save the country from those who will vote for politicians as to provide for their laziness. Welfare Queens! - YouTube

How about ensuring public money does not bankroll abortion? I'm not supporting outlawing abortion, the practice would not exist if it were to stand on its own. It is not a profitable industry.

Sounds good to me. But I would set up a charity in liberal districts giving away free wire coat hangers complete with instruction booklet.

Last edited:
By Laura Bassett

As hundreds of thousands of people braved sub-freezing temperatures in Washington, D.C., on Friday to join the anti-abortion protest March for Life, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) took the opportunity to reiterate his commitment to banning abortion in America for good.

Addressing the crowd at the National Mall via video broadcast, Boehner said it's time for anti-abortion activisits to "commit ourselves to doing everything we can to protect the sanctity of life." Step one, he said, is making permanent the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal dollars from being used to pay for abortions except in cases of rape or incest.

"For the new Congress, that means bringing together a bipartisan pro-life majority and getting to work," Boehner said. "In accordance with the will of the people, we will again work to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, formally codifying the Hyde Amendment."

Boehner said he will make it a national priority to "help make abortion a relic of the past."

"Let that be one of our most fundamental goals this year," he said.

Several lawmakers made it out to the protest to address the crowd in person. Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) touted a bill she recently introduced that would strip Title X family planning funds from Planned Parenthood, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) delivered a sermon that called for a "spiritual cleansing."

"Our nation is adrift, adrift in a wilderness where right and wrong have become subservient to a hedonism of the moment," Paul said. "I believe our country is in need of a spiritual cleansing."

More: John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

220px-2005_Dime_Obv_Unc_P.png
mzl.aiaurgij.175x175-75.jpg

Furthermore, conservatives that want to abandon this issue are G-damned wusses. I believe that this is an issue worth fighting. I believe abortion is a disgusting practice that should not receive ONE F-ing cent of public money.

Furthermore, conservatives that want to abandon this issue are G-damned wusses. I believe that this is an issue worth fighting. I believe abortion is a disgusting practice that should not receive ONE F-ing cent of public money.

Sounds ok to me. But the constitution is silent on abortion. Thus, 10th amendment is in play.

If we can't make a convincing moral argument against this: Documenting Reality

then forget about doing the same for the deficit or national debt.

It's not the federal governments job to define morality and make laws with respect to social mores. It's the federal governments job to follow the constitution. The states can worry about the rest.

It's not the federal governments job to define morality and make laws with respect to social mores. It's the federal governments job to follow the constitution. The states can worry about the rest.

This is not about defining morality. Again, I am not wanting to outlaw the practice of abortion, though I completely believe it is within the right of the states' to do so, but rather allowing for the practice to wither and die as it would if it were not being subsidized by the tax payers.

How anyone could say they are concerned about the debt/deficit, but completely content with providing Planned Parenthood with hundreds of millions is beyond me.

This is not about defining morality. Again, I am not wanting to outlaw the practice of abortion, though I completely believe it is within the right of the states' to do so, but rather allowing for the practice to wither and die as it would if it were not being subsidized by the tax payers.

spineless. moral cowards on this level have been rare lately. :clap2: thank you making me believe again

spineless. moral cowards on this level have been rare lately. :clap2: thank you making me believe again

Thank you for reminding me why I no longer visit this board.

#53-Yeah right- Thank god free BC with O-care will make it as safe, rare as possible. Pubs seem to make it less rare and more dangerous. Punish the low lifes who have sex...lol.

Last edited:
By Laura Bassett

As hundreds of thousands of people braved sub-freezing temperatures in Washington, D.C., on Friday to join the anti-abortion protest March for Life, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) took the opportunity to reiterate his commitment to banning abortion in America for good.

Addressing the crowd at the National Mall via video broadcast, Boehner said it's time for anti-abortion activisits to "commit ourselves to doing everything we can to protect the sanctity of life." Step one, he said, is making permanent the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal dollars from being used to pay for abortions except in cases of rape or incest.

"For the new Congress, that means bringing together a bipartisan pro-life majority and getting to work," Boehner said. "In accordance with the will of the people, we will again work to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, formally codifying the Hyde Amendment."

Boehner said he will make it a national priority to "help make abortion a relic of the past."

"Let that be one of our most fundamental goals this year," he said.

Several lawmakers made it out to the protest to address the crowd in person. Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) touted a bill she recently introduced that would strip Title X family planning funds from Planned Parenthood, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) delivered a sermon that called for a "spiritual cleansing."

"Our nation is adrift, adrift in a wilderness where right and wrong have become subservient to a hedonism of the moment," Paul said. "I believe our country is in need of a spiritual cleansing."

More: John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

guess he didn't get the memo from Bobby Jindal... :)

Forum List

Back