John Kyle never said that Abortion is 90% of what Planned Parenthood does

how about showing some of your famous faux outrage at the LIES? it's really quite simple.

and planned parenthood mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women.
oh no!!! how horrible.

but feel free to go on with your hysterical anti-choice lunacy.

Yet another strawman arguement from a leftist loon. Those of us on the right aren't protesting PP's "birth control info" and other "medical care". We're against abortion.

Is that so hard to comprehend? You can't actually defend abortion so you resort to telling us how this instutition does other great things.

Should we forgive a murderer just because he did something good for society before committing murder? :cuckoo:

What's worse, people like the scroungy chicken that think's they're a hawk will defend that statement as "factually accurate", even though Kyle himself said it was not intended to be factual.

My question is...........is it ethical to lie boldly on the House floor?

GayBikerSailer,

When did I ever defend his statement?

You're trying to say that it's more like 15 percent ya scroungy chicken.

GayBikerSailor,

That would be me disputing his statement of 90%, not defending it you moron.

Jon kyl should have said, 96% of the services provided to pregnant women are abortions.

This is probably what he was trying to say but being an idiot he screwed it up.

from Jillian
and planned parenthood mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women.

or as Margaret Sanger referred to them, the mother's of "human weeds."

Should Jon Kyl get to erase his 'Planned Parenthood lies'? - The Week

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) faced anger and ridicule after claiming earlier this month that abortions account for 90 percent of Planned Parenthood's business — the actual figure is 3 percent. First, his office tried to calm the furor by saying that Kyl's assertion, made on the Senate floor during debate over the group's federal funding, was "not intended to be a factual statement." Now Kyl has stricken what some called his "Planned Parenthood lies" from the congressional record

if they only do a small percentage , then why go after planned parenthood ? the CR is against planing your family ? or just don't want you to get help doing it ? what they want random pregnancy how do the teabaggers feel about teen pregnancy / so whats wrong with planned parenthood ? sex want be taught in public schools , parents are not helping by teaching their kids .

Yanno.........since the GOP passed a law under Jr. banning US tax dollars for abortions, how are we funding them?

There is no such law. You are probably think the Hyde amendment, which was added to the budget every year preventing any money from that years budget from being used for abortions. There was no budget last year, thus there is no Hyde amendment.

Yanno.........since the GOP passed a law under Jr. banning US tax dollars for abortions, how are we funding them?

Easy, the Dems just funnel money to PP and says its for "medical services" when the reality is they do abortions.

Who ever said Dems obey the law?

Should Jon Kyl get to erase his 'Planned Parenthood lies'? - The Week

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) faced anger and ridicule after claiming earlier this month that abortions account for 90 percent of Planned Parenthood's business — the actual figure is 3 percent. First, his office tried to calm the furor by saying that Kyl's assertion, made on the Senate floor during debate over the group's federal funding, was "not intended to be a factual statement." Now Kyl has stricken what some called his "Planned Parenthood lies" from the congressional record

I'd bet that in total dollars, that is an accurate statement.

OMG, then why is he running away from the statement like it's on fire?

Is there no low to which you apologist hacks will not stoop?

There is no such law. You are probably think the Hyde amendment, which was added to the budget every year preventing any money from that years budget from being used for abortions. There was no budget last year, thus there is no Hyde amendment.

Actually, the budget was passed earlier this month. How do you miss stuff like that?

And yeah......they said no to funding abortions.

i dont care how many they do a year.
Its none of your fucking business so shut the fuck up and go live your life.

It is our business because its funded by tax dollars.

NO FEDERAL MONEY GOES TO ABORTIONS. Use the little brain you have.

A third of PP's budget comes from tax dollars. They are the single largest provider of abortions. That means federal tax money is funding abortions.

I know its hard to comprehend, perhaps you should go back to smoking your bong. :smoke:

Planned Parenthood is the single largest abortion provider for the nation.

Its disgusting how you libs will defend this to no end.

And to be factual PP makes about 15% of its revenue from abortions, not "3%". Take away their government grants and suddenly that 15% jumps WAY up.

Remember folks, making profit in corporate America is evil...unless you're in the business of murdering babies.

Carry on dipshits.
Link? Proof?

Since you are too lazy to look up the truth for yourself: DATA: 36.7% of Planned Parenthood’s “Health Center Income” is from Abortions

The numbers are from PP's annual reports.

A simple example of how they come to this calculation would be Planned Parenthood aborting 3 children and giving out 97 condoms. They would say that out of 100 services, 3 or 3% were abortion when in reality the significance and cost of the 3 abortions is much higher than 3% of their efforts.

There ya go truthmatters...this what a blogger named David at Live Action says, based of voodoo math.

The anti-abortion group Live Action, was founded by Lila Rose, a conservative activist and anti-abortion videographer whose work is promoted by Andrew Breitbart. Her goals are to undermine organizations that provide legal abortions and de-fund Planned Parenthood.

Lila Rose is a colleague of conservative activist James O'Keefe, the guy who faces federal criminal charges in an alleged plot to bug the New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.).

Link? Proof?

Since you are too lazy to look up the truth for yourself: DATA: 36.7% of Planned Parenthood’s “Health Center Income” is from Abortions

The numbers are from PP's annual reports.

A simple example of how they come to this calculation would be Planned Parenthood aborting 3 children and giving out 97 condoms. They would say that out of 100 services, 3 or 3% were abortion when in reality the significance and cost of the 3 abortions is much higher than 3% of their efforts.

There ya go truthmatters...this what a blogger named David at Live Action says, based of voodoo math.

The anti-abortion group Live Action, was founded by Lila Rose, a conservative activist and anti-abortion videographer whose work is promoted by Andrew Breitbart. Her goals are to undermine organizations that provide legal abortions and de-fund Planned Parenthood.

Lila Rose is a colleague of conservative activist James O'Keefe, the guy who faces federal criminal charges in an alleged plot to bug the New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.).

Exactly, the voodoo math can be done by both sides, that's why its best to just look at the money.

And what do you want me to do about it? Start praising how great Planned Parenthood is? :cuckoo:

how about showing some of your famous faux outrage at the LIES? it's really quite simple.

oh no!!! how horrible.

but feel free to go on with your hysterical anti-choice lunacy.

Jillian,
I am pro-choice. But to pretend that Planned Parenthood "mostly provides medical care and birth control info to poor and working class women" is a real stretch! Women go there to get an abortion. They get condoms and "information" after the deed is done.

actually, i think girls mostly go there when they're starting to have sex to get info and birth control.

there is no evidence the rate of providing abortions is greater than 2% or 3%. I disagree with your assessment and haven't seen any credible evidence as to that type of circumstance.

the thing is, women like me -- middle class, upper middle class.. and upward, wouldn't ever go to planned parenthood. we have nice private doctors. someone like me, if she chose, could leave the country if she had to. this only hurts poor and working class people.

Easy, the Dems just funnel money to PP and says its for "medical services" when the reality is they do abortions.

Who ever said Dems obey the law?
could you give me the percentages of services they do are abortions ?

As was already covered, anyone could make up numbers of what makes up a "service". Is handing out a condom a "service"? Thats why it is better to just look at the hard numbers, how much money they make from abortions, as well as the number of abortions per year.

Whether or not abortions are 1% or 90% of "what they do" doesn't change the fact that they still perform about 1000 abortions per day and are a tax payer funded organization.

The damage is/was done. That's like trying to take a mulligan AFTER you filed your final score.

Having just spent the last decade with a teenage girl attending public schools in a large lower-income urban school district, my observances of Planned Parenthood's activities are that it provides BC at low or no cost, STD testing at low or no cost, pregnancy testing at low or no cost and excellent counseling on the implications of sexual activity, including abstinence and strict monogamy as worthy goals.

Forum List

Back