John Kasich wins Dixville Notch -- the first votes counted in the New Hampshire prim

pwjohn

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Buttlick Kentucky
Apparently, or so they say, this little town, Dixville Notch has been an accurate predictor of the Republican nominee, going back as far as the 1980's

John Kasich wins Dixville Notch -- the first votes counted in the New Hampshire primary

NASHUA, N.H. -- Ohio Gov. John Kasich scored an early, feel-good win Tuesday in the New Hampshire primary, beating Donald Trump in Dixville Notch.

The tiny northern township, which boasts nine registered voters, makes a show of casting the first ballots on primary day, as soon as the clock strikes midnight.

Kasich edged Trump, the New Hampshire front-runner, three votes to two.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders won all four votes on the Democratic side, shutting out former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Trump should get at least 25% of the vote, probably more around 30% and I doubt Kasich gets more than 20%.

Sounds like Dixville Notch blew it.

BTW, Dixville Notch has failed to pick the eventual GOP nominee in 1964 (Goldwater got one vote), 1980 (Reagan tied with Bush), and 2012 (Huntsman tied Romney) and what is happening with them is mostly luck and a good demographic mix. When they started in the 1960s they had twentyish voters, but today they had only five, hence the demographic quality of their votes is evaporating.

I think Sanders is going to pull around 70% of the Dem vote and the GOP will break down to around 30% Trump, and 15% Kasich, with Cruz, Bush and Christi all falling in around 13% and Rubio down to about 10% maybe single digits. With all the negative press Trump is getting, his vote might go as low as 25%, but we will have to wait and see how people actually vote, wont we? In any case, NH is a proportional delegate state. The first real winner-take-all state is South Carolina and then someone will get a huge lead. Everything else till then is a slim edge for the winner and thus indecisive.

The election this year is fundamentally very different than any election before it in terms of the autonomy of the voters, the funding and the people running.

Last edited:
I'm peeing my pants as I read..Oh, that's right, I heard it on der news at 5am...

Trump supporters like you have good reason to be pissing in your pants.

I know I would be, if I were a trump supporter. This is bad news for trump. Make no mistake about it.

I'm peeing my pants as I read..Oh, that's right, I heard it on der news at 5am...

I know I would be, if I were a trump supporter. This is bad news for trump. Make no mistake about it.
So how is Trump winning by a margin of twice what his nearest opponent gets going make Trump supporters piss their pants?
Asshole!
When Sanders innilalates Hillary in NH I suggest you have an extra 'Depends' handy.

The different levels of stupidity in pwjohns post is simply fascinating.

bernievoters.jpg

I know I would be, if I were a trump supporter
I support Trump's right to be an idiot...

Doesn't look like it to me.
Because you are an idiot.

The truth is always a painful experience for you trump supporters

The different levels of stupidity in pwjohns post is simply fascinating.

Deflecting much!
it was spot on

Just repeat this twenty times a day until you get used to it: President of the United States, Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back