Jobs Report "Frightening"

But the Dems are spending on credit to the tune of trillions, sending jobs to China by the thousands and thousands, embracing cheaper imports, and "burning energy like fools" as much as anyone prior.

So again, how are they "trying to help the situation"?

Tens of millions are still eating because they get extended unemployment benefits. Which btw every dollar of that money is rapidly invested in the economy.
Unlike TARP Which I always opposed.

Too big to let fail is too big to let exist in my opinion.
I was also against the GM bailout.

I was against the bailouts also....but at least TARP is being repaid...unlike Stimulus 1. The extension of unemployment benefits is a good thing but when there are ZERO jobs to be had it makes spending 2 trillion dollars on a healthcare program look like utter stupidity at this point.

what we wound up with out of health care reform is utter stupidity. But it is pretty much what the lobbyists wanted.
More tax dollars routed to their industry.

No, I guess you guys are right though. After all, one should always listen to the talking heads on the 24 hour news channels and talk radio, rather than look at the data themselves.

yep...270,000 people losing their jobs is great news isn't it you idiot!!!!!

Plus the million who gave up looking for work altogether...OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!!! Right???!!!!

Let's spend 2 trillion dollars on healthcare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Remarkable how utterly bereft of intelligence some are in her isn't it?

Today's jobs report is an unmitigated DISASTER.

It's getting very damn scary folks...

Yeah, you guys are right, I'm just "bereft of intelligence". I mean, it's just fucking stupid to look at long term trends, right? As opposed to reacting to every day's 24 hour news coverage?

chart_job_losses_010810_3.top.gif

Why that chart looks like a trend toward the better for me, with a large exceptional uptick during the pre-christmas season (what a surprise). Of course I'm just "bereft of intelligence".

Fucking morons.

You are bereft of intelligence....wait until the Christmas season layoffs begin in January...and you graph shows a trend of LOSING jobs...what part of RED ink are you not understanding?

You are bereft of intelligence....wait until the Christmas season layoffs begin in January...and you graph shows a trend of LOSING jobs...what part of RED ink are you not understanding?

Whatever fella.

Trends are trends. We'll just have to see what happens, won't we?

Things not rosey in Barryland?

What a shock.

Maybe they need to propose another triullion in needless spending, that seems to be Barry's answer to everything.

I do not agree with that.
I think the dems are trying to help the situation. Not doing great at it but doing far more than the obstructionist republicans.

TAX CUT!

But the Dems are spending on credit to the tune of trillions, sending jobs to China by the thousands and thousands, embracing cheaper imports, and "burning energy like fools" as much as anyone prior.

Tens of millions are still eating because they get extended unemployment benefits. Which btw every dollar of that money is rapidly invested in the economy.

So you got nothing to indicate how these Dems are "trying to help the situation"? Why did you make such a statement then?

Unemployment benefits? That does NOTHING for improving the economy, and is a measure utilized by Republicans as well.

Again I ask - what has Obama and the Democrat controlled Congress done - that has been shown to actually improve the economy? They are spending way beyond their means on credit, are dumping more regulations and expansion of government, have not made the economy the priority throughout the year - so what have they done to "help the situation"?

yep...270,000 people losing their jobs is great news isn't it you idiot!!!!!

Plus the million who gave up looking for work altogether...OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!!! Right???!!!!

Let's spend 2 trillion dollars on healthcare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Remarkable how utterly bereft of intelligence some are in her isn't it?

Today's jobs report is an unmitigated DISASTER.

It's getting very damn scary folks...

Yeah, you guys are right, I'm just "bereft of intelligence". I mean, it's just fucking stupid to look at long term trends, right? As opposed to reacting to every day's 24 hour news coverage?

chart_job_losses_010810_3.top.gif

Why that chart looks like a trend toward the better for me, with a large exceptional uptick during the pre-christmas season (what a surprise). Of course I'm just "bereft of intelligence".

Fucking morons.

___

Or that chart indicates what some economists have been warning about - a doube dip recession.

I hope not - I really do, but this jobs report is damn scary.

What of the post-holiday layoffs to be reported in January?

Good lord this could get bad very very quick.

Hopefully not, but this jobs report today was unexpected...

So you got nothing to indicate how these Dems are "trying to help the situation"? Why did you make such a statement then?

Unemployment benefits? That does NOTHING for improving the economy, and is a measure utilized by Republicans as well.

Again I ask - what has Obama and the Democrat controlled Congress done - that has been shown to actually improve the economy? They are spending way beyond their means on credit, are dumping more regulations and expansion of government, have not made the economy the priority throughout the year - so what have they done to "help the situation"?

Where did I say they had done anything to help the economy besides extended unemployment ins?
I said they are trying.

since you are hopelessly partisan.
What have the republicans proposed/done to help the economy?

Man you guys are funny.

Republicans running around in circles screaming like little girls at the top of their lungs with their hands flapping and seemingly broken at the wrists, "Obama isn't giving us jobs. He lied."

While,

At the same time, running around in circles, screaming like little girls at the top of their lungs with their hands flapping and seemingly broken at the wrists, "Democrats think big government is the answer to all our problems. What is wrong with them? Government will take over and control our lives".

So which is it? Government is or isn't the answer? In the mean time, go back to school and learn a trade.

KWITCHYERBELLIAKEN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep...where is pinquy for the spin!!!!!!!!!???????

After seasonal adjustments they lost another 85,000 jobs.....wow the recovery is gaining unprecedented momentum. STRAIGHT INTO THE CRAPPER.
I don't spin; never have. I deal with facts. Nobody so far has said anything factually untrue (though certainly there are differing opinions). I'm not even sure what kind of "spin" you think I would put. I think you've invented a political position for me or imagine I've made claims I haven't. I'm kind of interested how far off reality your thinking is, though.

The report showed there were 929,000 "discouraged workers" who had given up looking for a job,

pinqy...what's the current spin on this one....? I say look to China...that's where those jobs went.
Again, not sure what kind of spin you think I would have. Nothing wrong with what the report says. There are approx 929,000 people who looked for work sometime in the last year but aren't looking now because they don't think they'd be successful. Looking at current conditions, most of them are probably right. The job market certainly made a bad turn between November and December.

Where did I say they had done anything to help the economy besides extended unemployment ins?
I said they are trying.

since you are hopelessly partisan.
What have the republicans proposed/done to help the economy?

I still don't understand how they are trying to help the economy.

They are certainly growing government and increasing debt - but how are either of those helping the economy?

Call it partisan if you want - but the Dems own this economy. They have controlled the purse strings for three years now.

Nothing they are doing is actually helping the economy, but rather depressing what little recovery is underway.

indeed it did pinqy...indeed it did. Now let's wish for a better year this year but also wish healthcare dies on the vine. We need to correct our debt problem before we go borrowing another 2 trillion dollars and taxing the citizenry to death.

The sharp drop in the work force — 661,000 fewer people — showed that more of the jobless are giving up on their search for work. Once people stop looking for jobs, they are no longer counted among the unemployed.

When discouraged workers and part-time workers who would prefer full-time jobs are included, the so-called "underemployment" rate in December rose to 17.3 percent, from 17.2 percent in November. That's just below a revised figure of 17.4 percent in October, the highest on records dating from 1994.

RealClearMarkets - AP - Markets - Jan 08, 2010 - Economy loses 85K jobs, unemployment rate steady

Yeah like that 1 trillion or so spent in Iraq? On a war for nothing? None of the origional ploys for the war proved to be true.

The sharp drop in the work force — 661,000 fewer people — showed that more of the jobless are giving up on their search for work. Once people stop looking for jobs, they are no longer counted among the unemployed.

When discouraged workers and part-time workers who would prefer full-time jobs are included, the so-called "underemployment" rate in December rose to 17.3 percent, from 17.2 percent in November. That's just below a revised figure of 17.4 percent in October, the highest on records dating from 1994.

RealClearMarkets - AP - Markets - Jan 08, 2010 - Economy loses 85K jobs, unemployment rate steady

Nearly a year since the near-trillion dollar "stimulus" boondogle and our unemployment rate is higher than any point since records dating back to 1994.

:doubt:

Only the Dems are sending jobs to China? Are you shitting me?

You broke it and now are bitching because Obama isn't fixing it fast enough.

Oh, right, tax cuts would have made US hole already.:lol:

Forum List

Back