Jewish Democracy?

(which was not recent at all...)

Well, that's a mouthful.
We talking 30-40 years ago?

That's right, about 35 years ago.

You know, I have got to say I love the internet for this reason..... you can find people who are, because of anonymity, willing to talk. World's a village now. That separation that used to exist between Palestinians "inside" and "outside" no longer can be maintained.

And that's EXACTLY why CNN and BBC have ZERO sympathy for Hamas or Gaza.

Last time Israel existed as a Theocracy -- it was disaster in fact..
That's why there's no new Temple, no council of Rabbis, No King , and no Sadduce/Pharisee clashes,
no money changers....

I just saw the video posted of that dweeby kid!

Come on, all the anti-Zionist Israelis I have posted for you, Ilan Pappe, Miko Peled, Shlomo Sand, Rabbi Shapiro

1994 - Israel Shahak writes Jewish History, Jewish Religion: the Weight of Three Thousand Years
2000 - Norman Finkelstein publishes The Holocaust Industry
2001 - Israel and the United States pull out of the World Conference against Racism 2001, also known as Durban I
2005 - Michael Neumann writes The Case Against Israel
2005 - Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign initiated
2006 - Yakov M. Rabkin publishes A Threat from Within: a Century of Jewish Opposition to Zionism
2006 - Mondoweiss website launched
2006 - Ilan Pappé writes The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
2008 - Shlomo Sand publishes The Invention of the Jewish People
2008 - International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network founded
2010 - Former BBC and ITN journalist Alan Hart publishes Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews
2011 - Gilad Atzmon publishes The Wandering Who?

and all you can counter with is one dweeby teenager?
THAT'S PATHETIC.

I just saw the video posted of that dweeby kid!

Come on, all the anti-Zionist Israelis I have posted for you, Ilan Pappe, Miko Peled, Shlomo Sand, Rabbi Shapiro

1994 - Israel Shahak writes Jewish History, Jewish Religion: the Weight of Three Thousand Years
2000 - Norman Finkelstein publishes The Holocaust Industry
2001 - Israel and the United States pull out of the World Conference against Racism 2001, also known as Durban I
2005 - Michael Neumann writes The Case Against Israel
2005 - Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign initiated
2006 - Yakov M. Rabkin publishes A Threat from Within: a Century of Jewish Opposition to Zionism
2006 - Mondoweiss website launched
2006 - Ilan Pappé writes The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
2008 - Shlomo Sand publishes The Invention of the Jewish People
2008 - International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network founded
2010 - Former BBC and ITN journalist Alan Hart publishes Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews
2011 - Gilad Atzmon publishes The Wandering Who?

and all you can counter with is one dweeby teenager?
THAT'S PATHETIC.

Jews suck because of Freedom of Speech?
THAT'S PATHETIC.

Never said Jews suck. Said your video sucks.

Find some good sources, Z's.

There are some decent Zionist sources out there; please commit to finding them. Not all Z's are witless, but the vast majority of what you Zs post on this forum is. Why is that?

Gotta suggestion. Write to the Israeli Ministry of Disinformation and tell them the Palestinians are laughing at your stupid sources and you need them to suggest a few sources with some credible scholarship.

Never said Jews suck. Said your video sucks.

Find some good sources, Z's.

There are some decent Zionist sources out there; please commit to finding them. Not all Z's are witless, but the vast majority of what you Zs post on this forum is. Why is that?

Gotta suggestion. Write to the Israeli Ministry of Disinformation and tell them the Palestinians are laughing at your stupid sources and you need them to suggest a few sources with some credible scholarship.

We have already noted your rejection of reality.
But you bore me tonight as the refutations of your blindness pile up.

:eusa_eh: Have you heard that term... Jewish Democracy?

Does a democracy with second class citizenship for ANY definable segment of a population make sense?
:dunno: Is it even possible?​

How can a state of more than one religion call itself a democracy if a single one owns the government?

My humble opinion: The Israelis are digging in deep on the wrong side of history. Just as wrong as those who would fight to impose Sharia Law on a state.

You can either have something akin to Jewish Sharia Law, or you can have a democracy.
"Jewish Democracy" is a joke. :doubt:

`

Your not to bright huh?

(1) Every Israel citizen received one vote! To which 1.5 million are Muslim.
(2) Muslims vote you look up Parliament member Zobia. That **** openly states her desire is the destruction of Israel. I person think they should drop her off in Taliban country and see how much she like her freedom in Israel. Nevertheless, Israel doesn't disqualify her and let's her serve because she won the election.
(3) Arabs serve on the supreme court, every branch of government, as mayors, in the military and are free to run for any position of government.
(4) In fact there are more Muslims in the Israeli Parliament than there are non-Muslims all the other Arab (except Lebanon), Persian, Pakistani, Bageshi, Afghani, Kosovian country parliaments combined.
(5) Israel has private property, free press, free and open election. free speech, freedom of religion and free enterprise.

So in summary, your ignorant ass can go fuck yourself!

You are missing the point.
The point is, the citizenship of so-called "Israeli Arabs" does not confer civil rights:
Israel's Palestinians Confined to a 'Citizenship' that is Meaningless
Uzzi Ornan displays his ID card - which unlike a passport does not have any mention of an Israeli nationality.

The Israel's Supreme Court recently rejected a claim that there was an Israeli nationality. The claim was brought by Uzzi Ornan, a 90-year-old linguistics processor at the Technion, Tel Aviv. An Israeli nationality would undermine the 'Jewish' nature of the Israeli state.

The judgment reinforces the decision in a similar case was brought by George Tamarin in 1970. In the Tamarin case the Supreme Court, presided over by Justice Agranat held that ‘the desire to create an Israeli nation separate from the Jewish nation is not a legitimate aspiration.’

See this blog (can it be? yet another anti-Zionist Jew...):
Tony Greenstein's Blog: Israel's Supreme Court Confirms That There is no Israeli Nationality

Here's another good article:
Discrimination is legal, there are no Israelis
Discrimination is legal, there are no Israelis: Reading the Supreme Court?s decisions on Israeli nationality | Mondoweiss

and one from the Israeli press:
Jerusalem - Court Rejects Citizens' Request To Change Nationality From 'Jewish' To 'Israeli'

Last edited:

Although that might be an interesting read, it seems to be addressing economic inequality in the face of political equality.

In Israel, there is institutionalized inequality between Jews and non-Jews in the political sphere.
The point is, the citizenship of so-called "Israeli Arabs" does not confer civil rights:
Uzzi Ornan displays his ID card - which unlike a passport does not have any mention of an Israeli nationality.

The Israel's Supreme Court recently rejected a claim that there was an Israeli nationality. The claim was brought by Uzzi Ornan, a 90-year-old linguistics processor at the Technion, Tel Aviv. An Israeli nationality would undermine the 'Jewish' nature of the Israeli state.

The judgment reinforces the decision in a similar case was brought by George Tamarin in 1970. In the Tamarin case the Supreme Court, presided over by Justice Agranat held that ‘the desire to create an Israeli nation separate from the Jewish nation is not a legitimate aspiration.’

Tony Greenstein's Blog: Israel's Supreme Court Confirms That There is no Israeli Nationality

Discrimination is legal, there are no Israelis: Reading the Supreme Court?s decisions on Israeli nationality | Mondoweiss

Jerusalem - Court Rejects Citizens' Request To Change Nationality From 'Jewish' To 'Israeli'

for the record----in actual fact--- the social system "democracy" does not include
a requirement that "all people are equal" Equality is ---a separate issue. But
that's ok ----posting your hypocrisy

The declaration of Israel was : 'Establishing of a Jewish Democratic State in Israel, and be named Israel'
But you seem to know how to define me better than myself, go ahead, define Jewish.
P.S. Welcome back Amity, your nonsense were missing, I guess now that Gaza is under Israeli Humanitarian truce you find a good time to show up and convince us otherwise.

Dude... I have no clue how to define Jewish - nor do I want to have one.

I'm hung up on 'democracy' in a state with an 'official religion'.

It's impossible, no?

i'm going to go back to what i said before and ask why this only ever comes up with the one jewish state the size of new jersey and not with the dozen muslim countries.

israel IS a democracy. that does not mean they have to allow themselves to be overrun by people whose only goal is its destruction.

Actually... it does. Democracy has that risk. If current majority populations and belief sets are not maintained, current status quo is at risk. One needn't look further than America to see that happening and the extremism that inevitably follows.

The only way I can see to make a religious democracy of any flavor last in a nation of more than one belief set is to apartheid the groups who don't belong.

Allowing real democracy is always a risk for the current majority, ask any American WASP.

Does a democracy with second class citizenship for ANY definable segment of a population make sense?

How can a state of more than one religion call itself a democracy if a single one owns the government?

My humble opinion: The Israelis are digging in deep on the wrong side of history. Just as wrong as those who would fight to impose Sharia Law on a state.

You can either have something akin to Jewish Sharia Law, or you can have a democracy.

`

Care to enlighten the members and describe what the arab muslims and arab Christians are doing as members of the Israeli government then ?

Although that might be an interesting read, it seems to be addressing economic inequality in the face of political equality.

In Israel, there is institutionalized inequality between Jews and non-Jews in the political sphere.

You have accomplished nothing, Emnity----other than revealing the fact that
some people object to the concept of a "jewish state" in a sea of "Islamic
states"-----thus demonstrating that you are not the only hypocrite in the world.

In fact states associated with an ideology abound in the world. There are
some people in the world who particularly object-----generally EXCLUSIVELY---
to a state associated with jewish ideology. Amongst jews in Israel and to
some extent outside of Israel-----a rejection of a state associated with
jewish ideology is particularly prominent amongst Marxists. It is much
more prominent amongst Islamo Nazis ----thus there is an alliance between
jewish Marxists and islamo Nazis. That alliance is remarkable in that its
members tolerate, with ease, scores of ideology associated states---
like communist states, islamic states (as gaza does self describe) but cannot
tolerate a "jewish state" no matter how lightly jewish the jewish state is and
despite the fact that its nature as being "jewish" ----simply renders it a refuge
for jews from oppression in totalitarian islamic states, communist states,
and fascist states. There is no question that a "jewish state" flies in the face of
-----Islamic state, communist state and fascist state-------you want an apology for
the sake of the stench of shariah?

You are deluded since in many Israeli Arabs like the life in Israel, many serve in the IDF, and many of them also vote to Shas, Bait Yehudi, Likod, and other parties which are definitely not Arab or Muslim.
Majority of the population usually get the more influence in democracy and so it is in Israel, although we have many laws to assist minorities such choosing Women or Minority for a job rather than Majority along with many others.

This is totally inapropos. JEWS AND NON-JEWS DO NOT HAVE EQUAL LEGAL STATUS IN ISRAEL.

So, Daniyel, I've got to ask, what do you believe will happen when Arabs become the majority again in a few decades? Golda Meir used to say she couldn't sleep at night for worrying about how many Palestinian babies were being born.
If you want another quote from Golda Meir "Peace will only come once the Palestinian mothers will love their children, more than they hate us"
And NON-JEWS enjoy BETTER laws than Jews ever get, and this is the way it is.
The only JEWS law is immigration to Israel since all over the years Jews were being hunted by millions, and this is the nature of the state.
The population growth also said that Israeli Arabs growth increased by 7x times higher than ever before once the state of Israel declared (48)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the full speech of Prime Minister of Canada - Stephen Harper

Last edited by a moderator:

`

Care to enlighten the members and describe what the arab muslims and arab Christians are doing as members of the Israeli government then ?

No need... I invite our dear readers to check out pages 1, 2, & 3 of this thread. Apparently, there is representation in Israeli politics for non Jews.

Which makes the joke of a 'Jewish Democracy' even funnier.

`

Your not to bright huh?

(1) Every Israel citizen received one vote! To which 1.5 million are Muslim.
(2) Muslims vote you look up Parliament member Zobia. That **** openly states her desire is the destruction of Israel. I person think they should drop her off in Taliban country and see how much she like her freedom in Israel. Nevertheless, Israel doesn't disqualify her and let's her serve because she won the election.
(3) Arabs serve on the supreme court, every branch of government, as mayors, in the military and are free to run for any position of government.
(4) In fact there are more Muslims in the Israeli Parliament than there are non-Muslims all the other Arab (except Lebanon), Persian, Pakistani, Bageshi, Afghani, Kosovian country parliaments combined.
(5) Israel has private property, free press, free and open election. free speech, freedom of religion and free enterprise.

So in summary, your ignorant ass can go fuck yourself!
:clap2:

`

No need... I invite our dear readers to check out pages 1, 2, & 3 of this thread. Apparently, there is representation in Israeli politics for non Jews.

Which makes the joke of a 'Jewish Democracy' even funnier.

Not at all as it is Jewish in the way it is delivered and not as you try to define it. You like all ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDISTS forget that Jewish is more than a religion it is a race and also a culture

Its not a race. Genetically there is very little distinction between Jews (modern or ancient) and others from the same region of the middle east.

And it is not a single culture, either. It is many cultures, many of which have very little in common.

But be that as it may, what about the original question of democracy? Let's ask it this way, when Arabs become a majority in Israel within a couple of decades, will its alleged democracy still enable majority rule with protection for minorities?

Forum List

Back