Jesus

On a more serous note....those who are christians...dont you have an image in your head when youre talking to God or praying to Jesus? Or is it just me?

Not really, no, I don't. I'm not overly concerned with what He looked like during his time on earth... I'm quite focused on his teachings.
As an aside, have you read anything about the latest discovery of new 'books' discovered in Jordan?

BBC News - Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' Christian relics

Fascinating stuff. And.... they think one of them contains an image of Jesus. :eek: :cool:

I applaude you for that, unfortunatly some retards like Jorebah would shit their pants if they saw a picture of what Jesus really looked like, they envision him as a white anglo saxon male with blonde hair and blue eyes.

On a more serous note....those who are christians...dont you have an image in your head when youre talking to God or praying to Jesus? Or is it just me?

Not really, no, I don't. I'm not overly concerned with what He looked like during his time on earth... I'm quite focused on his teachings.
As an aside, have you read anything about the latest discovery of new 'books' discovered in Jordan?

Fascinating stuff. And.... they think one of them contains an image of Jesus. :eek: :cool:

I applaude you for that, unfortunatly some retards like Jorebah would shit their pants if they saw a picture of what Jesus really looked like, they envision him as a white anglo saxon male with blonde hair and blue eyes.

You are just upset because I am more informed than you. I already knew when I was a kid that Jesus was not white. Lol.

The amazing thing about Jesus is that He was ethnically dark, yet knew how to be a real man. He was not a little whiner who blamed Whitey for His problems. Do you understand what I just said ... ?

Lol.

You are just upset because I am more informed than you. I already knew when I was a kid that Jesus was not white. Lol.

The amazing thing about Jesus is that He was ethnically dark, yet knew how to be a real man. He was not a little whiner who blamed Whitey for His problems. Do you understand what I just said ... ?

Lol.

:bsflag:

My vision is of a man spread out on a cross with a crown of thorns, blood dripping from his forehead, his side, his wrists and his feet. His head is bent forward at the neck. His face is indiscernible. That is my view of Christ on the cross.

We have all kinds of portraits of what some people see him as, even some of the masters like Leonardo DiCaprio... er, I mean DaVinci, :D have given us their idea of what Christ looked like, but they never knew him in his earthly form. Their vision of his looks are no more accurate than my own.

Immie

Last edited:
He was not caucasian. He did not have blonde hair and blue eyes. His nose was probably not grecian in appearance. His skin was not white.

JW's came to my door..which I dont mind. I was in the middle of cleaning my ride since I used it sweeping the front stoop and taking a break from the stirring the brew kettle...bat wings were not quite ready yet to simmer, so I had time to politely take their pamphlet and tell them Im sorry but I am not interested in their flyers. They thanked me kindly and left. I then read the pamphlet while I waited for the lizard legs to be pre nuked to be dumped in the kettle with the bat wings....and the first thing I noticed was the picture of jesus they had on that pamphlet. I still read the words, but the pic bugged me. Hence....this topic.

That is all. Just a pet peeve of mine seeing Him portrayed like some Sears male model in immaculate white robes in all His stunning caucasian glory.

You are quite correct. Pinhead Christian White Americans think they own Jesus. They make me sick.

There are only three races of human beings on this planet and those races were determined by very real and identifiable differences in several structures in the body beyond the obvious skin color differences where the race of someone can still be identified even if the only thing left is their skeleton - but are not so different as to change the species. (The human "race" is actually a species, not a "race".)

I think we can safely rule out Jesus being of the Mongoloid race. So now we are down to Negroid and Caucasian. This one is easily answered and requires no strain of the brain. (The names of the different races are not slurs and were never intended as such - but identify either a geographical location where it was believed two of the three races dominated before spreading out from there. "Negroid" comes from the Portuguese word for "black", first used by the Portuguese to simply describe the people of sub-Sahara Africa they encountered in their travels and eventually capitalized as a proper noun by the English who believed it was the proper name of the people of sub-Sahara Africa.)

Jesus was born to a Semitic people (which is where the term "anti-Semitic" derives which is a reference to their origin, not their religion). A Semite is someone who is a descendant of the original inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula which also includes the people of Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestine, Oman, Yemen, UAE, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon and a couple of small areas within Libya. It excludes nearly all the people of Libya, all Iranians, Algeria, Egypt or any other African nation. Semites have a fairly distinctive ethnic appearance that was well recognized centuries before Jesus -swarthy, dark eyes and hair. Not uniformly obviously since there are still individual differences seen within communities in coloring -but in general. The Semitic people share the same general ethnic characteristics as well as the same race. And that race is Caucasian. Physical characteristics due to ethnic differences, no matter how dramatically distinctive they may be from group to group -NEVER changes someone's race.

Ethnic differences among the races are largely determined by geography and the amount of time exposed to the sun combined with physical traits and attributes of the breeding population. Semitic peoples are ALL Caucasian. And that includes Jesus.

I think what you object to is people who portray Jesus as having Scandinavian coloring which is of course highly unlikely. Blue eyes, blond hair and pale coloring are also another set of ethnic characteristics that never changes a person's race either. Scandinavian or Arab -both are Caucasian and the VERY same race!

It is actually human nature for a people to try and portray their deity as looking like themselves going as far back as you want to go -and even if that trait gets your panties in a bunch today. It is actually pretty universal among all the races and even within ethnic groups within those races. Look at ANY ancient African, Chinese or Japanese art depictions of their idea of the supreme being at the times and forward -and not so oddly enough they are either depicted as looking much like themselves -or as inhuman entirely. And they do even after significant encounters with those of other races.

The first depictions of Jesus as a blue-eyed, golden haired man were NOT done by Christian Americans, clearly a breed of people you hold in total contempt and are clearly willing to instantly blame for whatever pisses you off. But you are in fact blaming AMERICANS for what is in reality a universal HUMAN trait. The first depictions of Jesus with light eyes and hair occurred in GREECE and it was based on descriptions like these in a sampling of letters from people who existed during His lifetime and claimed to have met or seen Jesus. And variously described Him as having gray eyes, light eyes, chestnut hair or golden hair etc. I am not debating about the accuracy of these descriptions but only pointing out the fact that these existed even then and were well known within the Christian community. Take a good, hard look at exactly WHO wrote these letters. Hmm -not a one was an American. Kind of takes the wind out of your stupid (nonexistent) point, doesn't it?

Physical Description of Jesus

As Christianity moved further north into Europe with the Romans in a very rapid expansion of the religion the depiction of Jesus became even lighter although the hair was not painted as really blond until the religion moved into the Scandinavian regions -painted by people who undoubtedly never set eyes on an Arab, never visited the region and painted Jesus to look like the only people they ever saw. These paintings were often quite beautiful and stunning -many have survived and are on display in museums on nearly every continent. So it is NOT something "white Christian Americans" did - asshole.

One of MY pet peeves is people who just aren't bright enough to grasp the difference between RACE and ETHNICITY yet feel a need to spout off about it anyway!

Last edited:
You know......when they first tested the Shroud of Turin, they took their samples from the far edges. Incidentally, those are the same edges that they've repaired many times over the years due to wear and tear from it being displayed so many times. I think that if they want to get an accurate reading, they need to do it from someplace that is close or on the actual image.

Secondly, I also saw the History Channel's series Death Masks when they did the episode "The Real Face of Jesus". Those guys didn't just try to sketch something from the image, they used lots of different scientific equipment like lasers and stuff like that to come up with the image.

I've also heard about the place where they are supposed to have His actual image. I'd like to see a special on that one in particular, because I think it would pretty much match the one the scientists who worked with the Shroud came up with.

Incidentally, I've yet to see an image that shows Yeshua (Jesus' actual Hebrew name) as a blonde. Almost every depiction I've seen of Him shows Him to be dark haired.

He was not caucasian. He did not have blonde hair and blue eyes. His nose was probably not grecian in appearance. His skin was not white.

JW's came to my door..which I dont mind. I was in the middle of cleaning my ride since I used it sweeping the front stoop and taking a break from the stirring the brew kettle...bat wings were not quite ready yet to simmer, so I had time to politely take their pamphlet and tell them Im sorry but I am not interested in their flyers. They thanked me kindly and left. I then read the pamphlet while I waited for the lizard legs to be pre nuked to be dumped in the kettle with the bat wings....and the first thing I noticed was the picture of jesus they had on that pamphlet. I still read the words, but the pic bugged me. Hence....this topic.

That is all. Just a pet peeve of mine seeing Him portrayed like some Sears male model in immaculate white robes in all His stunning caucasian glory.

I don't like it either. It made me really sad when I found out that we don't know what He looked like, and all those pictures weren't what He looked like. I cried even. It's sad how we as humans can lie or twist things sometimes for our own agenda, or just "self" in general. (I'm just saying..and I'm not exempt)

The pic on my Avatar is one of my favorite pics/sketchs. It's not showing or focusing on His face, skin color, etc. It showing Him holding a sheep (we are His sheep). It show the scars in His Hands from the nails on that Cross in which He demonstrated His love for us in dying for the sins of the world. When I first went to a church, a lady at the Bible Study gave me a copy of this sketch and I have it framed in my apartment.

Just a couple verses; all about Him.

John 10:14
I am the Good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine.

1 John 2:2
And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 20:24-29 ("The Doubting Thomas")24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again His disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith He to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My LORD and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.[/

Last edited:
Concerning my use of the term caucasian.....

Caucasian
adj
1. (Social Science / Peoples) another word for Caucasoid
2. (Placename) of or relating to the Caucasus
n
1. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of the Caucasoid race; a white man
2. (Social Science / Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Caucasia
3. (Linguistics / Languages) any of three possibly related families of languages spoken in the Caucasus: North-West Caucasian, including Circassian and Abkhaz, North-East Caucasian, including Avar, and South Caucasian including Georgian

On forms to fill out, there is always a list to check as to ones ethnicity. Choices are Caucasian, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, Native American, Black. Have I been in error the past 40 plus years to check caucasian??? Im none of the others. At least, i dont think I am. :eusa_eh:

The "forms" (welfare forms, primarily) require you to mark your RACE (White, Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native, American Indian).

Ethnicity is Hispanic/Non-Hispanic.

Concerning my use of the term caucasian.....

Caucasian
adj
1. (Social Science / Peoples) another word for Caucasoid
2. (Placename) of or relating to the Caucasus
n
1. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of the Caucasoid race; a white man
2. (Social Science / Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Caucasia
3. (Linguistics / Languages) any of three possibly related families of languages spoken in the Caucasus: North-West Caucasian, including Circassian and Abkhaz, North-East Caucasian, including Avar, and South Caucasian including Georgian

On forms to fill out, there is always a list to check as to ones ethnicity. Choices are Caucasian, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, Native American, Black. Have I been in error the past 40 plus years to check caucasian??? Im none of the others. At least, i dont think I am. :eusa_eh:

The "forms" (welfare forms, primarily) require you to mark your RACE (White, Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native, American Indian).

Ethnicity is Hispanic/Non-Hispanic.

Ive never been on welfare in my life, nor plan to.
Went to get a bone density scan.Ex paid for it cuz Doc wanted one and Ive been refusing because they cost too much. Saw a flyer on the docs wall about a special going on...bone density scans, 89 bucks, up to the month of May. So I called them. It was an old flyer...it was LAST may. But, they said they would honor it. I went, but had to fill out the paper even though I was paying cash. It asked the above questions. A doctors office is not a welfare office.

The same information is tracked.

BTW, in Oregon anymore, anyone who goes in for treatment who doesn't have insurance and doesn't pay cash up front, MUST fill out an application for medicaid.

I don't know what you filled out or what it was for. I do know that White/Caucasian is race, not ethnicity.

Your avie is beautiful, Marie888. It is indeed a great concept of Him.

Everybody knows this is what Jesus looks like:

Obama+Jesus.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The same information is tracked.

BTW, in Oregon anymore, anyone who goes in for treatment who doesn't have insurance and doesn't pay cash up front, MUST fill out an application for medicaid.

I don't know what you filled out or what it was for. I do know that White/Caucasian is race, not ethnicity.

California is not Orgeon, Allie. And as my post clearly stated, I went in for a bone density scan and it was paid in cash.
I had to fill it out, I guess,because I had never been in that office before since it was a procedure my doctor ordered. I did as I was told to get the scan.

I also recently had an appointment for a nuclear stress test. Again, the same form asking the same questions, paid via cash.

I said I don't know what form you filled out. I'd bet it's the same as it is in Oregon. Since the entities that track RACE are federal ones.

Though maybe it had something specific to do with your procedure, who knows.

My point is, CAUCASIAN is not an ethnicity.

Knowledge is power.

My forms said Caucasian. So thats what I checked. Maybe next go round Ill put Heinz 27 just to see if they accept it. :lol:

They got this image from the Shroud of Turin using graphics, charts, etc. (history channel).
I think it fits whats in my head the most.
White mans version that I saw most of my life..in bibles when I went to sunday school, etc..all portrayed Him as..well...whitey.

Hello? He is Jewish from the middle east that has a killer sun which He was always out in, had dark and probably very thick hair, etc. So yeah. This pic fits. For me, anyway.

jesusface01.jpg

Now that's what I logically think he looked like, but I was brought up with the blond blue eyed European version same as most everyone in New England. I suppose the early church in Rome depicted him looking Italian and my now fellow Alabamians dressed him in bib overalls and a John Deere ball cap.
No big deal really. We all want our dieties to look like us. Coptic Christians depict Jesus as quite dark, maybe black like so:

jesus_01.jpg

and Swedes like so:

swedish_jesus.jpg

Hell in San Francisco, a lot of people think he looked like this:

jesus-kiss.jpg

No big deal (except for maybe the last). The point is it is the message, not the face.

Last edited:
I had no idea that his appearance was a matter of significance. I thought it was his message?

It is the message. Thats why they call it the good news and not the good news brought to you by a super sexy hot white guy. I dont recall any mention of his looks. Just that he was here and what he did and said.

I had no idea that his appearance was a matter of significance. I thought it was his message?

It is the message. Thats why they call it the good news and not the good news brought to you by a super sexy hot white guy. I dont recall any mention of his looks. Just that he was here and what he did and said.

This (verse 14) is the only description of him that I know of in the scriptures:

Isaiah 52:13-15
The Suffering and Glory of the Servant

13 See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him[c]—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so he will sprinkle many nations,[d]
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand.

He is not described as "good looking" that is for sure.

Immie

This (verse 14) is the only description of him that I know of in the scriptures:

Isaiah 52:13-15
The Suffering and Glory of the Servant

13 See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him[c]—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so he will sprinkle many nations,[d]
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand.

He is not described as "good looking" that is for sure.

Immie

I don't think this passage is necessarily talking about standard looks. This is Isaiah...it's prophetic. I think it is referring to the fact that Christ will not look as they expect him to look.

But it's Isaiah, and as such, prophesy. At any rate, it's not a description of Christ by those who saw him. Since he was never referred to as homely in the Gospel, I really doubt it's referring to just his face.

I read the passage as indicating his humanity; he will appear human, with all of humanity on his face, and this will make him unrecognizable to many as it isn't what they expect.

Or it might not even be referring to the first coming, but the second. Christ by all accounts will be terrible in the second coming.

Forum List

Back