Jesus

You don't know what you mean.

I know what caucasian means. I'm a Christian. So apparently I'm better informed than you are. Perhaps you should give that consideration before you assume Christians are stupid.

why would anyone assume christians are stupid after reading one of your screeds?

:eusa_whistle:

Caucasian meaning WHITE white. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. WHITE.
Meanwhile........:blahblah:

Really? Because I was fairly certain that the people in India were Caucasions. And they sure as heck don't look white with blonde hair and blue eyes.

I had no idea that his appearance was a matter of significance. I thought it was his message?

Some people look for any reason to ignore the message.

It's amazing that anyone can say for certain what He looks like (except those that have seen Him). He is the Son of God. None of us know what the Father looks like. We don't know what ethnicity, if any He is.

Now, should we concern ourselves with idle speculation, or ponder and meditate on the Word? I choose the latter.

Hebrews aren't caucasian?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

BTW, anti-Christian yahoos post this exact same tripe here regularly. I have no idea why you think that Christians think Jesus was blonde and blue eyes. Is it because of the medieval representations of him? I suppose you think that we think Jesus sat for Leonardo, too.

Scripture says Jesus was an ugly looking, unremarkable appearing, and a disagreeably in-your-face kind of guy. Just count the number of times He disagreed with people so that He could correct their stupidity.

Lol.

Sounds a lot like me.

This is God:

gandalf-the-white.jpg

:tongue:

Concerning my use of the term caucasian.....

Caucasian
adj
1. (Social Science / Peoples) another word for Caucasoid
2. (Placename) of or relating to the Caucasus
n
1. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of the Caucasoid race; a white man
2. (Social Science / Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Caucasia
3. (Linguistics / Languages) any of three possibly related families of languages spoken in the Caucasus: North-West Caucasian, including Circassian and Abkhaz, North-East Caucasian, including Avar, and South Caucasian including Georgian

On forms to fill out, there is always a list to check as to ones ethnicity. Choices are Caucasian, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, Native American, Black. Have I been in error the past 40 plus years to check caucasian??? Im none of the others. At least, i dont think I am. :eusa_eh:

Just for clarification....this is all tongue in cheek, people.
I didnt really have a kettle brewing. Well, I did, but it was for chicken wings for the dogs stew. And JWs did come to my door and gave me a pamphlet. I was nice to them. Pinky swear. However, I WAS cleaning my ride after sweeping.

:tongue:

For He comes up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground; He has no form nor majesty that we should see Him, nor an appearance that we should desire Him.
(Isa 53:2 MKJV)

On a more serous note....those who are christians...dont you have an image in your head when youre talking to God or praying to Jesus? Or is it just me?

On a more serous note....those who are christians...dont you have an image in your head when youre talking to God or praying to Jesus? Or is it just me?

Not really, no, I don't. I'm not overly concerned with what He looked like during his time on earth... I'm quite focused on his teachings.

As an aside, have you read anything about the latest discovery of new 'books' discovered in Jordan?

BBC News - Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' Christian relics

Fascinating stuff. And.... they think one of them contains an image of Jesus. :eek: :cool:

Yeah! I saw that on yahoo and tv news. Its all metal but has images they are trying to clean up. I think that is so cool! But some are already declaring it not real. :confused:

I hope they do a special on it on History Channel once it IS cleaned up and what their findings are. I wanna see more.

Scripture says Jesus was an ugly looking, unremarkable appearing, and a disagreeably in-your-face kind of guy. Just count the number of times He disagreed with people so that He could correct their stupidity.

Lol.

Er, no, scripture doesn't say that.

Yep. It does.

Isaiah 52:14 says Jesus' "visage was marred beyond recognition." Jesus easily blended in with His peers in a crowd, such that Judas needed to identify Him to the Roman soldiers. He traveled on public roads without being recognized.

Jesus was forcefully in the faces of The Pharisees in The Temple, in their own houses, and in public. He rebuked His disciples repeatedly for their ignorance and errors. He declined to acknowledge the essential kinship of His own Mother and siblings in favor of His ideological followers. He called the Syrophoenician Woman a "dog." He purposefully enraged His own hometown Nazareth fellow Jews in their own Synagogue for things they had not yet even done, such that they wanted to kill Him. He stated that the multitudes who followed Him were interested only in the food He gave them. He ignored the horrific oppression and incessant injustices heaped by the Romans on His fellow Jews.

Have you actually even read the Bible for yourself? Are you Catholic?

I have read the bible, many times.

I'm not great on Isaiah, though.

I thought the reference was more about the Messiah's HUMAN appearance and the results of grief on his face than about actual ugliness.

Not that it matters.

I hope they do a special on it on History Channel once it IS cleaned up and what their findings are. I wanna see more.

They did a special on History channel last year. That's where they failed to properly reference the research already done.

Not really, no, I don't. I'm not overly concerned with what He looked like during his time on earth... I'm quite focused on his teachings.

As an aside, have you read anything about the latest discovery of new 'books' discovered in Jordan?

BBC News - Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' Christian relics

Fascinating stuff. And.... they think one of them contains an image of Jesus. :eek: :cool:

You said above you are "Quite focused on His [Jesus'] teachings."

Do you follow John 14:12, or not? I did not write the verse here, since you should already know it, being "focused on His teachings" already.

Answer ... ?

Forum List

Back