Zone1 Jesus was mean.. (I guess) because He said that anyone who does not accept the Gospel is condemned!

Of course you can control your thoughts!
Prove yourself wrong on this.

Rape is good.

Can you control your thoughts enough to agree with that really vile anti-intuitive statement?

I sure can't and that means that whatever control we might have is limited.

We are all expressions of our DNA and chemistry and those control our thinking.

I. E. If you answer this before your morning coffee, you would not reply with the same tone as after your morning fix.

You should hear me when I am nicking.

Night and day depending on my passion for the topic.

No he said Love God. When those fell down on the ground and worshipped him he would pick them up and say do not worship me but our Father who is in heaven.
You're going to have to reference that.

"Nothing unclean will enter Heaven"
Would you call a person who cannot love his or her God given LGBTQ+ child unclean?

Why do believers think their God creates souls of different values?

God only creates perfect souls. If not, why not?

There is no evidence that one person can project thoughts into the mind of another.
If I need say more than Noetic science and that I and my wife would pass a lie detector test, you know what to go do to yourself.

You might lie as a matter of course, but I am near phobic on that because I talk to a lot of full blown ass holes like you and have to be careful. Get on topic now or go away and educate yourself.

2 Corinth.10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Ya, ya. Demolish arguments of words with inquisitors with swords and fire. You like that way of arguing eh, Christian?

That aside and to your point.

Which Christ?

Jesus was never anointed to Christ anywhere in scriptures, right? Prove me wrong with a quote.

So who is this Christ referring to?

If I need say more than Noetic science and that I and my wife would pass a lie detector test, you know what to go do to yourself.

You might lie as a matter of course, but I am near phobic on that because I talk to a lot of full blown ass holes like you and have to be careful. Get on topic now or go away and educate yourself.
There is no such thing as a "lie" detector.

yeh, all we hav to do is look around and we can see all this perfect at work in society

:rolleyes:
Feel like a mental exercise?

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Truth can be a hard thing but it is the truth.

Eh? What is the truth in your view to the world here? What do you understand when you say "gospel"? The "good news" is to have to go to hell?

Last edited:
baptism doesnt save you. ...

The water of baptism is a fire. Go back in your thoughts into a stone age where you had - and needed - a little fire what you had to carry with you. You had to take care not to lose it. Nowhere was a new fire. And when you found a good place you made it to a camp fire and you was able to eat something. Without fire you had to stay to be hungry. Others came in the evening and you spoke with each other about "god and the world" in the light of the fire. And when someone asked you then you gave him some fire from the fire which you got once from someone else.

Thomas Morus
Tradition is not about keeping the ashes, but about passing on the flame.
Thomas Morus

(retranslated into English from the German quote: „Tradition ist nicht das Halten der Asche, sondern das Weitergeben der Flamme.“
Could be the original is this:
They but preserve the Ashes, thou the Flame,
True to his Sense, but truer to his Fame.

Sir John Denham (1615-1669))

Last edited:
Jesus made it clear very wealthy people cannot enter the kingdom b of heaven.

I fear you misunderstand what he said. No one is excluded (... who not excludes oneselve). When you remember for example a rich man who asked what to do Jesus gave him a concrete answer. But he was not satsified with this answer and liked to do more. So Jesus said to him to sell everything and to give it to the poor. This made his heart sad because he was rich. But what we never will know is what he really did do and whether we will find him in the future paradise - whatever he really had done. We do not even know whether we will find ourselves in heaven. But we live in the hope this will happen because of the love of god - and in god is everything possible.

Google it. There's poetry and law, commentary, fables etc.
After a hermeneutical discussion of multiple genres within these literary categories that have been used to describe the Book of Jonah, this work concludes that the book is best described as a 'didactic, satiric novella'.
that is ok----"didactic, satiric, novella"-----which CLASSICALLY can be called
a "comedy"----but in the classic use of the term "comedy" "FUNNY" is not
at all necessary----the DIVINE COMEDY is not supposed to be "FUNNY" either--except the part about muhummad

True story.. I believe it is the last chapter of Matthew.. (Mt 28:20?)

He says He is with us always, until the End

Then he says to preach the Gospel to everyone. Those who accept and are BAPTIZED will be saved. Those who do not are condemned.

Yep, that Jesus... what a meanie

LOL
Yeah. By some accounts he was a straight up vindictive jerk. But other stories about him provide contradictory info. Depends on which stories we're taking about i guess.

Jonah and the big fish story are going to be a very painful and bitter pill for Christians to swallow, no matter how the it's manipulated to make it rational to believe.

Do you have any ideas for the rewrite?

Jonah is a comic nouvella... Purely fiction with two lessons.

Jonah and the big fish story are going to be a very painful and bitter pill for Christians to swallow, no matter how the it's manipulated to make it rational to believe.

Do you have any ideas for the rewrite?
First you should realize that not all Christians think the Bible is totally literally true.

First you should realize that not all Christians think the Bible is totally literally true.

Great link. A story can be truthful and still be fiction..
That's the power of the storytellers.

Forum List

Back