Zone1 Jesus was mean.. (I guess) because He said that anyone who does not accept the Gospel is condemned!

OK---tell Francis----that "save" thing has been used to describe eventual
ascent to heaven----as far as I know----all my little (albeit long) life. Your
description is kinda (keep this idea under wraps) ----talmudic
Actually "saved" isn't a thing in Catholicism, that is pure Protestant. Catholics teach redemption and salvation. We don't often hear the word "saved". Because of Apostolic teaching/tradition in the Catholic faith, I am not at all surprised to hear it is Talmudic.

So to paraphrase, Jesus basically said, " Love me or else"

You're starting with a false premise and painting an incomplete picture. The implication in your statement is that you're innocent (and that God is a big ol' meanie.)

Have you ever done anything wrong? In your entire life? If so, you've broken laws....not man-made laws, but God's eternal moral law, that everyone above the age of accountability is beholden to.

So it's not a matter of an innocent person choosing to not love God and God punishing them for that. It's the undeniable fact that you (like everyone else) are a sinner in need of forgiveness and reconciliation with God. You have that available to you. Salvation is a gift, that you can receive or reject. But if you reject it, you are still accountable to God for all of your actions in this life. God is loving and merciful, but God is also 100% holy and just.

Do you give to your church because you're afraid?
OF COURSE YOU DO

But I've never threatened my family with eternal damnation so...
I give to many, and it's not because I'm afraid of hell. My life is much better than before. You're warped. How sad.

No he said Love God. When those fell down on the ground and worshipped him he would pick them up and say do not worship me but our Father who is in heaven.
This isn't true.
Angels forebade worship and directed them to God. Jesus did not, since He identified Himself as God

If you disagree, post the scripture. I'm not interested in your OPINION, just SCRIPTURE

Not everyone is a Christian, naturally, being that this is a big world, with thousands of different cultures and languages. It's absurd to suggest that a loving and just God would require human beings to convert to one religion under the threat of being tortured in hell for all eternity. That's loco-crazy.
God didn't tell us to convert to one religion. God told us to believe in Jesus and you will be saved.

Thread Locked, while I sweep out a troll or two and tidy up.

Thread Locked, while I sweep out a troll or two and tidy up.
Some posts deleted as off-Topic, Off-topic Trolling of zone 1 religion thread or responding to same. Sorry OP. That responding thing got some yours, so I could clear the quote boxes.

All reminded the topic is (strangely enough)
Jesus was mean.. (I guess) because He said that anyone who does not accept the Gospel is condemned!

Thread now open for business.
Enjoy the thread. :cool:

My mom was mean when I was a kid because she wouldn't let me use an apple crate to float down the Mississippi River.

You're starting with a false premise and painting an incomplete picture. The implication in your statement is that you're innocent (and that God is a big ol' meanie.)

Have you ever done anything wrong? In your entire life? If so, you've broken laws....not man-made laws, but God's eternal moral law, that everyone above the age of accountability is beholden to.

So it's not a matter of an innocent person choosing to not love God and God punishing them for that. It's the undeniable fact that you (like everyone else) are a sinner in need of forgiveness and reconciliation with God. You have that available to you. Salvation is a gift, that you can receive or reject. But if you reject it, you are still accountable to God for all of your actions in this life. God is loving and merciful, but God is also 100% holy and just.
No that's you implying things .

And I am not accountable to the god you worship just like Hindus are not accountable to the god you worship.

And the problem I have with your religion is that you have to believe you are flawed from birth. You are held culpable for the sins of long dead ancestors ( if you believe that myth). Your very thoughts can be sins and you can be punished for them.

So if I were to imply something it would be that you are staring with the premise that humans are just awful beings that need the threat of divine retribution in order to make the "right" choices.

I don't believe there is any such thing as sin there are only errors in cognition.

No that's you implying things .

And I am not accountable to the god you worship just like Hindus are not accountable to the god you worship.

And the problem I have with your religion is that you have to believe you are flawed from birth. You are held culpable for the sins of long dead ancestors ( if you believe that myth). Your very thoughts can be sins and you can be punished for them.

So if I were to imply something it would be that you are staring with the premise that humans are just awful beings that need the threat of divine retribution in order to make the "right" choices.

I don't believe there is any such thing as sin there are only errors in cognition.

What you believe or disbelieve doesn't change the truth. Truth isn't dependent on anyone's beliefs. It just is what it is.

I know you don't like to hear this, but yes you are accountable to God. Everyone is. There is only one God. Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, pagans, atheists, agnostics, Christians, everyone is accountable to God for our actions in this life.

As for what you said about the premise that humans are awful beings, I never said that, and that's not my position. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Do we miss the mark? Yes. Do humans (before getting saved) have a propensity to do what they want to do, instead of obeying God? Yes. But that doesn't mean humans are all bad. We have both good and bad in us. A good thing is that we all have a conscience, which is a sort of inner compass of right / wrong.

So no, it is not my view that humans are awful beings and it is not my view that we need the threat of "divine retribution" to make the right choices. As Christians, we obey God because we love God. And want to honor God. Not out of fear. There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out fear. (1 John 4:18)

As always, you speak for others and mischaracterize the beliefs of others, which is incredibly arrogant.

What you believe or disbelieve doesn't change the truth. Truth isn't dependent on anyone's beliefs. It just is what it is.

I know you don't like to hear this, but yes you are accountable to God. Everyone is. There is only one God. Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, pagans, atheists, agnostics, Christians, everyone is accountable to God for our actions in this life.

As for what you said about the premise that humans are awful beings, I never said that, and that's not my position. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Do we miss the mark? Yes. Do humans (before getting saved) have a propensity to do what they want to do, instead of obeying God? Yes. But that doesn't mean humans are all bad. We have both good and bad in us. A good thing is that we all have a conscience, which is a sort of inner compass of right / wrong.

So no, it is not my view that humans are awful beings and it is not my view that we need the threat of "divine retribution" to make the right choices. As Christians, we obey God because we love God. And want to honor God. Not out of fear. There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out fear. (1 John 4:18)

As always, you speak for others and mischaracterize the beliefs of others, which is incredibly arrogant.

And you have no monopoly on that truth.

Why is it your truth is the one I should adopt?

You have not proven without a doubt that the god of the bible actually exists you just take it on faith that it does.

And why do you love your god? Is it because you are commanded to?

Love cannot be commanded.

So no, it is not my view that humans are awful beings
Kind of disagree with you on this point. There are a few people I think of as "good" but as God sees us....

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed

Kind of disagree with you on this point. There are a few people I think of as "good" but as God sees us....

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed
Which is why religion is an affront to human dignity.

Your god sees its own creations as wicked, evil, sinners who maybe sometimes can do something good if the rewards or punishments are great enough.

I prefer to see people as beings who mostly lean to the neutral and good side of the behavioral spectrum but sometimes do some pretty bad shit.

Forum List

Back