Zone1 Jesus was mean.. (I guess) because He said that anyone who does not accept the Gospel is condemned!

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
True story.. I believe it is the last chapter of Matthew.. (Mt 28:20?)

He says He is with us always, until the End

Then he says to preach the Gospel to everyone. Those who accept and are BAPTIZED will be saved. Those who do not are condemned.

Yep, that Jesus... what a meanie

LOL

Then he says to preach the Gospel to everyone. Those who accept and are BAPTIZED will be saved. Those who do not are condemned.

LOL
The Catholic church's acceptance of Darwinian evolution is especially hard to include as 'accepting the gospel'!

Excuses of the entire bible being not literally true, are just not meeting this challenge!

yep

I've found that if you face the truth... after awhile, it is not as painful as it once was...

although some truths are painful until the end... long story what I mean.
Jonah and the big fish story are going to be a very painful and bitter pill for Christians to swallow, no matter how the it's manipulated to make it rational to believe.

Do you have any ideas for the rewrite?

LOL
no---that's either MATTHEW or whatevah the council of nicea claimed that
Matthew said or wrote (or thought) You can't trust Matthew--he was a
Shill for Rome-----if he did, in fact, write that way or think THAT!!!!

Last edited:
Jonah and the big fish story are going to be a very painful and bitter pill for Christians to swallow, no matter how the it's manipulated to make it rational to believe.

why would you want to swallow it

No he said Love God. When those fell down on the ground and worshipped him he would pick them up and say do not worship me but our Father who is in heaven.

I thought Jesus and your god are one in the same?

And it's still " Love me or else"

I can see it happening in that time in history. As I always instruct those online a research study of the greek and hebrew and study the ''root'' of the words will help make scripture more clear and understandable. It is well docemented that Jonah or Jonas as Jesus called him did exist.

Jonah is a comic nouvella. It was never real. It's a short fable about how God loves his children even the people of Nineveh.. The joke was on Jonah.

I can see it happening in that time in history. As I always instruct those online a research study of the greek and hebrew and study the ''root'' of the words will help make scripture more clear and understandable. It is well docemented that Jonah or Jonas as Jesus called him did exist.
I can see people believing the big fish story as the literal truth at that time. Many still do but they keep it in their closets.

Jonah is a comic nouvella. It was never real. It's a short fable about how God loves his children even the people of Nineveh.. The joke was on Jonah.
Is your opinion popular? Let's put it to the test.
I don't think there will be many who will declare it's not real, and likely few that will say that it 'is' real.

That's why the bibles have to hang in the balance until the questions can be answered honestly.
And of course we're really not talking only about the big fish story, we're talking about all the stories in the bible that are questionable.

Is your opinion popular? Let's put it to the test.
I don't think there will be many who will declare it's not real, and likely few that will say that it 'is' real.

That's why the bibles have to hang in the balance until the questions can be answered honestly.
And of course we're really not talking only about the big fish story, we're talking about all the stories in the bible that are questionable.

Lolol 😂 most Bible scholars call it a comic nouvella.

There's many different kinds of literature in the Bible.

Lolol 😂 most Bible scholars call it a comic nouvella.

There's many different kinds of literature in the Bible.
We're putting your proclamation of it being a comic novella to the test right now and you're not getting any responses wither way.

You need more than a yes or a no, you need a clear statement and that's the test that will open the discussion..

Forum List

Back