Jesus was a Liberal

Actually, I think He'd be found more at Woodstock than Exxon. After all, He was very much into nature and preserving life (hippie), liked music and parties (hippie), and really enjoyed sitting around and just talking with His disciples (hippie).

Additionally, I'd be willing to say that Yeshua (Jesus) smoked cannabis. Several reasons for that actually, one of them being that one of the primary ingredients of the Holy Annointing Oil was cannabis.

So.....Woodstock sounds like it would have been a good bet. Besides, if He had been at Woodstock, there wouldn't have been people crawling in the mud because He would make it so that it didn't rain.

Disagree. A drunkard shall not enter the kingdom of Heaven. His own words express his distaste for intoxication. I'm doubting seriously he would be participating in anything as biblically immoral as Woodstock.

I could see him showing up, getting on stage and having the people toss their dope and follow him. That's about as far as that would go, but I could easily see him doing the same at a board meeting.

Or used as a weapon to push the agenda of the Democratic party. The premise of this thread being a perfect example.

I don't agree with this thread starters opinion but for you to label an entire party based on the actions of this one person is kind of strange, isn't it?

Does this person represent the entire Democratic party? He certainly doesn't represent me and I'm a dem.

Can you give me other examples of how Dems have used Jesus and God to push their specific agenda?

When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying...

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I do love those beattitudes. Beautiful!

Ummm .... dude .... I gave one.:confused:

I'm talking about in Politics dude. Not just one person on this board who doesn't represent me nor the Democratic party.

So go ahead and give me some links/evidence/something where the Democrats use God in their agenda.

I don't agree with this thread starters opinion but for you to label an entire party based on the actions of this one person is kind of strange, isn't it?

Does this person represent the entire Democratic party? He certainly doesn't represent me and I'm a dem.

Can you give me other examples of how Dems have used Jesus and God to push their specific agenda?

Did you read the post I responded to? The response was to the very same comment aimed at Republicans. I'm not sure my response was even to the person that started the thread.

Do the extremist Christians represent the entire GOP? No, they don't.

Feel free to read the religion forum on this board. The fear of the right forcing Christianity upon everyone else permeates that subforum so deeply you can smell it. And THAT is how it used by the left ... fearmongering. Choose whichever thread you like.

Look at the accusation made in the thread in THSI forum on abortion. Out of nowhere someone invoked the "Christian" bomb.

Sorry you got lumped in with the loons that surround you. That's why I left the Democratic party.

I'm talking about in Politics dude. Not just one person on this board who doesn't represent me nor the Democratic party.

So go ahead and give me some links/evidence/something where the Democrats use God in their agenda.

LMAO! You liberals DO suddenly get all defensived when someone does to you what you do to them.

As stated previously, read this board. This entire election centers partly around religion. How about the fact Obama is not being held accountable for his religious beliefs that do not seperate church and state, obviously, but we ALL know Romney is a Mormon, Huckabee is an evangelical, McCain is a Baptist .... if religion is NOT part of it, then why would we know any of that? Because frankly, who cares?

You can try and play the literal game if you want, but the fact remains secularism is a stalwart of the Democratic party and fearmongering about the GOP legislating morality a part of that.

I'd sure like to know why my RESPONSE gets such a reaction but the verysame comment about the GOP that I responded to not a peep.:lol:

thank you for your response Gunny...

No I don't think the Christian extremists represent the GOP in fact I think they are a very small fringe sect of it.... unfortunately they are the loudest so they seem to be the face of it... which is unfortunate because fiscally I actually agree with the Republican ideas of less gov/less spending....

I have a lot of friends who are republicans and not one of them is a bible thumper.

what is your party affiliation now Gunny, if I may be so bold as to ask?

I agree, the Dems DO use the fear of Repubs forcing their morals on us as a tool to get people to vote for them. But that could be because the Repubs use morals and family values as so much of their platform instead of using the economy, health care, and other issues that have nothing whatsoever to do with religion or morals.

Last edited:
LMAO! You liberals DO suddenly get all defensived when someone does to you what you do to them.

As stated previously, read this board. This entire election centers partly around religion. How about the fact Obama is not being held accountable for his religious beliefs that do not seperate church and state, obviously, but we ALL know Romney is a Mormon, Huckabee is an evangelical, McCain is a Baptist .... if religion is NOT part of it, then why would we know any of that? Because frankly, who cares?

You can try and play the literal game if you want, but the fact remains secularism is a stalwart of the Democratic party and fearmongering about the GOP legislating morality a part of that.

I'd sure like to know why my RESPONSE gets such a reaction but the verysame comment about the GOP that I responded to not a peep.:lol:

I'm not talking about people on this board Gunny. I'm talking about actual Politicans using God in their agenda.

I've seen the Republicans do so, but where do the Democrats? That's my question to you.

Another thing, if the GOP has not held Obama accountable for even being in the same church as Wright, then I am the damn Pope himself.

Give me ONE example where Democrats say: We should/should not do this because of GOD.

I'm not talking about people on this board Gunny. I'm talking about actual Politicans using God in their agenda.

I've seen the Republicans do so, but where do the Democrats? That's my question to you.

Another thing, if the GOP has not held Obama accountable for even being in the same church as Wright, then I am the damn Pope himself.

Give me ONE example where Democrats say: We should/should not do this because of GOD.

Are you crazy? That would mean acknowledging that there is a power greater than themselves !

Barack Obama has put his religion back into the headlines, trumpeting the power and salvation of faith and asking a church audience in South Carolina to help him become “an instrument of God” and join him in creating “a Kingdom right here on Earth."

Obama Talks Religion

You're kidding right? You really want to go down this intellectually dishonest road?

80+ percent of the US is Christian. Since the left and right are roughly split 50-50, that would mean there are plenty are of liberal Christians, no? To include almost all of my family.

No politician is going to come right out and speak against Christianity. Not and have a hope of winning. I'd say if anything, the topic of religion is not addressed at all by Democratic politicians. They avoid it like the plague.

However, this board is made up of voters, and you cannot dismiss them, nor their opinions, so they DO matter. They matter because THEY represent their respective ideological beliefs. Politicians represent getting themselves elected.

Now if you care to look, I don't see many, if anyone on the right accusing the left of trying to push Christianity/religion down everyone else's throats and/or legislate morality. Almost all of the attacks are made from the left. And of course, there are exceptions.

Are you saying that politically correct silence or no, your elected officials do not represent the left and/or its collective belief?

Disagree. A drunkard shall not enter the kingdom of Heaven. His own words express his distaste for intoxication. I'm doubting seriously he would be participating in anything as biblically immoral as Woodstock.

I could see him showing up, getting on stage and having the people toss their dope and follow him. That's about as far as that would go, but I could easily see him doing the same at a board meeting.

Hate to tell you Gunny, but first off...."wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men". Additionally, one of the first things that Noah planted when the Ark landed was grapes so that he could make wine. Nope....God didn't say anything about not drinking. Although, it is written in the Song of Solomon about the effects of drinking too much.

As far as not smoking cannabis? Are you sure? Yet again, God Himself spoke to someone and told them (Moses while he was on Sianai), "if it grows out of the ground, you may partake of it". And....since cannabis isn't refined, as well as grows out of the ground, I kinda think that God and Jesus would probably smoke themselves. Besides, there has been research done (by Harvard and the British Medical Society no less), that shows that THC is tailor made for the human brain with NO ILL EFFECTS OR ADDICTION PRESENT. If something like that (which is natural, and therefore made by God) exists, don't you think that God put it here for us to use?

And.....one really interesting thing is the fact that just because someone (you) doesn't believe or like something, does NOT mean that God says it's not okay for someone else. All ya gotta do is follow the 7 Noahide commandments or the 10 Commandments.

Nope....you aren't as well versed as you'd like to think dude.

Hate to tell you Gunny, but first off...."wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men". Additionally, one of the first things that Noah planted when the Ark landed was grapes so that he could make wine. Nope....God didn't say anything about not drinking. Although, it is written in the Song of Solomon about the effects of drinking too much.

As far as not smoking cannabis? Are you sure? Yet again, God Himself spoke to someone and told them (Moses while he was on Sianai), "if it grows out of the ground, you may partake of it". And....since cannabis isn't refined, as well as grows out of the ground, I kinda think that God and Jesus would probably smoke themselves. Besides, there has been research done (by Harvard and the British Medical Society no less), that shows that THC is tailor made for the human brain with NO ILL EFFECTS OR ADDICTION PRESENT. If something like that (which is natural, and therefore made by God) exists, don't you think that God put it here for us to use?

And.....one really interesting thing is the fact that just because someone (you) doesn't believe or like something, does NOT mean that God says it's not okay for someone else. All ya gotta do is follow the 7 Noahide commandments or the 10 Commandments.

I'm as well versed as you seem to think YOU are. I didn't saya DAMNED thing about drinking, did I? This is where you you shake your little squid-lid side to side and say: " Why no Gunny, you didn't."

I quoted a verse. That verse does not address drinking. It addresses being drunk., as in "intoxicated."

I pretty-much take for granted that if Jesus says a drunkard shall not enter the kingdom of Heaven, he's speaking for God so it isn't a matter of my opinion of what I think God does or does not want.

Come on back if you want to be burnt to a crisp again.:lol:

You're kidding right? You really want to go down this intellectually dishonest road?

80+ percent of the US is Christian. Since the left and right are roughly split 50-50, that would mean there are plenty are of liberal Christians, no? To include almost all of my family.

No politician is going to come right out and speak against Christianity. Not and have a hope of winning. I'd say if anything, the topic of religion is not addressed at all by Democratic politicians. They avoid it like the plague.

However, this board is made up of voters, and you cannot dismiss them, nor their opinions, so they DO matter. They matter because THEY represent their respective ideological beliefs. Politicians represent getting themselves elected.

Now if you care to look, I don't see many, if anyone on the right accusing the left of trying to push Christianity/religion down everyone else's throats and/or legislate morality. Almost all of the attacks are made from the left. And of course, there are exceptions.

Are you saying that politically correct silence or no, your elected officials do not represent the left and/or its collective belief?

Now I never said coming out to speak against Christanity. You don't see the Democrats Agenda's filled with reasons because of something related to God or religion.

I'm asking you state one time when Democrats said "We should do this because God would want us to or we shouldn't because God wouldn't want us to." One time with some evidence, is that so much to ask for?

This reminds me of Campbell Brown and Tucker Bounds all over again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYiw_y2qDI&feature=related[/ame]

btw ... I like your argument about partaking of whatever comes from the Earth. I'll have to remember THAT one.:lol:

As an aside, surely you don't believe smoking weed was all that was going on at Woodstock? From what I've seen it looks more like someone was liberally handing out the acid.

So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations. -Barack Obama in San Francisco, April 2007

This one should have been 1st.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back