Zone1 Jesus said that the "gates of Hell" will not prevail against his church, what does that mean to you?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
What is the purpose of Jesus's church and will his church be partially or fully successful? I believe the purpose of Jesus's church is to bring ALL to God. I also believe that Jesus was telling us that Satan will be unable to prevent Jesus from saving ALL!

In spite of Jesus's statement that Hell will not prevail, mainstream Christianity teaches that Jesus is wrong and that his mission to save all will FAIL.

What do you believe? Do you believe Jesus or do you believe mainstream Christian theology?

• Banned
Nobody?

Are you afraid of the answer?

What is the purpose of Jesus's church and will his church be partially or fully successful? I believe the purpose of Jesus's church is to bring ALL to God. I also believe that Jesus was telling us that Satan will be unable to prevent Jesus from saving ALL!

In spite of Jesus's statement that Hell will not prevail, mainstream Christianity teaches that Jesus is wrong and that his mission to save all will FAIL.

What do you believe? Do you believe Jesus or do you believe mainstream Christian theology?
What do I believe? I believe that Jesus taught his disciples to pray to "Our father who art in Heaven, Hallowed is Thy name." And I believe that God knows who his people are who will be in Heaven forevermore after their tour of this earth is over.

Will Jesus save Satan?

- the heavens proclaimed all will prevail as one or the other, admission to the everlasting for everyone or all that remain will be made to perish together.

The called and chosen of God (the true 'church') will be saved in the first resurrection at the end of the age. All others (who will be saved) will be saved during the future millennial reign and judgment period of Christ.

We have all been given free will to choose between good and evil and right and wrong. It is taught all through scripture that only those who choose good over evil and repent of their evil ways will make it into the kingdom of heaven. Those who choose evil over good will not be allowed into the kingdom of heaven. This is a basic teaching of Jesus and his disciples. Jesus clearly taught:

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What would be the need of repentance if we all gain entrance into the kingdom of heaven automatically? Jesus obviously requires repentance of those who will enter his kingdom.

Jesus also taught:

Matthew 18:2-3
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Here Jesus tells us that unless we become converted and also be humble as a little child, we shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.

It is quite clear from the teachings of Jesus and his apostles that unless we repent and become coverted to his gospel and become faithful and humble as a little child, we will not be allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

There are various types of salvation in the Lord's plan. All mankind will be saved from death of the body and be resurrected. Most all will be saved from the lake of fire and brimstone aka outer darkness. Only those who become the sons of perdition will go there. Others will find themselves in lower kingdoms of glory than the kingdom of heaven (see Doctrine and Covenants 76). Some will be saved from outer darkness and some not. Some will be saved from the telestial kingdom and some not. Some will be saved from the terrestrial kingdom and some not. There are different levels of salvation. Being saved into the highest degree of the kingdom of heaven (aka the celestial kingdom) is the highest degree of Salvation one can obtain. The purpose of Christ's church is to help anyone to gain the highest degree of salvation possible or in other words the highest degree in the kingdom of heaven or celestial kingdom. It is our free will choices that either keep us out of the kingdom of heaven or allow us entrance into the kingdom. It is our choice!

Jesus said that the "gates of Hell" will not prevail against his church, what does that mean to you?​

To me, it means believing in Jesus brings about a future of salvation with other Christians who agree in John 3: 16. Christ's Apostles formed congregations of people so truthful, they jump - start the Church directions headed for glory. Time for elevating my poor ol' neurotic feet and legs that have been cramping frequently lately. Mwah to your face with love for all who find Jesus and earn the celebration of safe internal. May all who believe in the Lord spread his good news to your beloved friends and families.

From my memory which I hope is correct, John 3: 16 means "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoso believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. I only got two or three hours of sleep last night, and now I need to take my night supplements and vitamins and try for 8 hours of sleep tonight. :huddle: May you dwell in the joy of the Lord and prosper the souls of your acquaintances all. Peace of God.

A Medieval song says it best Adam lay ybounden..

My heart believes in Jesus' life and sacrifice to save mankind from his sins and errors. Another hymn that describe how from the least expected sources, God so loved the world that he gave his own son to save us from our leanings:

I believe our college choir director in Albany Oregon told us this hymn gem was brought to the generation of those in medieval times: Even so, the subject is in sync with the scripture Matthew 16:18 which says, "18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[ a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[ b] shall not prevail against it."

My heart believes in Jesus' life and sacrifice to save mankind from his sins and errors. Another hymn that describe how from the least expected sources, God so loved the world that he gave his own son to save us from our leanings:

I believe our college choir director in Albany Oregon told us this hymn gem was brought to the generation of those in medieval times: Even so, the subject is in sync with the scripture Matthew 16:18 which says, "18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[ a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[ b] shall not prevail against it."

I'm rather fond of this version as well, which greatly reminds me of how our small group sounded
:

Last edited:

It means that in the end, Jesus Kingdom in Heaven will not lose the war between good and evil. This isn't about the physical church on the earth in his time. Therefore, not the Catholic Church because the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church. It's Satan's Church.

It means that in the end, Jesus Kingdom in Heaven will not lose the war between good and evil. This isn't about the physical church on the earth in his time. Therefore, not the Catholic Church because the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church. It's Satan's Church.
No it isn't. I'm not a Roman Catholic, but the beloved among them work hard to feed the poor, which is a biblical requirement as I understand it in the book of Micah and several books in the New Testament. And guess what. Jesus Christ gave food to the hungry who attended his Sermon on the Mount. I hope you consider God is the ultimate judge of those who do what they can for their fellow man, which is Jesus reminder and second commandment after his first enlightened commandment for us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind," and the second is to "love thy neighbor as ye love thyself." Yes, people in churches make mistakes and are frequently caught up in serious error. When they realize their error, they do what they can to make amends and not to make that mistake again through sincere prayer chatter with God. He listens, and He knows sincerity when he sees it. One of the ministers of my childhood said "Keep your eyes off people and on God." I never forgot that, prayed accordingly,. and God's answer every time is basically, "have mercy, dear." He's the best.

Is the church going into hell or coming out?

No it isn't. I'm not a Roman Catholic, but the beloved among them work hard to feed the poor, which is a biblical requirement as I understand it in the book of Micah and several books in the New Testament. And guess what. Jesus Christ gave food to the hungry who attended his Sermon on the Mount. I hope you consider God is the ultimate judge of those who do what they can for their fellow man, which is Jesus reminder and second commandment after his first enlightened commandment for us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind," and the second is to "love thy neighbor as ye love thyself." Yes, people in churches make mistakes and are frequently caught up in serious error. When they realize their error, they do what they can to make amends and not to make that mistake again through sincere prayer chatter with God. He listens, and He knows sincerity when he sees it. One of the ministers of my childhood said "Keep your eyes off people and on God." I never forgot that, prayed accordingly,. and God's answer every time is basically, "have mercy, dear." He's the best.
Yes! There are many great people that are Catholic. But the Church is deceptive as the Pope is 666. We see him siding with communists and fascists. The end is near.

Luther may have been an Augustinian (I almost became one) but he understood nothing and often perverted St A.

THe gates of hell thing is best shown by the famous quote of A.

the oft-quoted words of Augustine, "I would not believe the gospel myself if the authority of the Catholic Church did not move me to do so."

and,honestly , how could you?
Elsewhere , A. shows the almost necessary result of Protestantism

1705146824361.png

What is the purpose of Jesus's church and will his church be partially or fully successful?

their church ...

the purpose of the 1st century events by those that gave their lives was the repudiation of judaism, its false heavenly personifications by a few who falsely claimed communications and their ensuing commandments having no heavenly bases than for their own nefarious purposes.

jesus taught liberation theology, self determination as the original heavenly religion of antiquity granted a&e for their remission to the everlasting. to persist as the creators by their own accord earned through triumph for the justification of life itself.

their goal will be accomplished or the last will perish and their church with them.

99% on earth are being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom. They hate Jesus' 1 true religion. Just like they hated Jesus, apostles and followers back then and murdered them. They are being mislead like this-2Cor 11:12-15

99% on earth are being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom. They hate Jesus' 1 true religion. Just like they hated Jesus, apostles and followers back then and murdered them. They are being mislead like this-2Cor 11:12-15

other than claiming that to be jesus's true religion - have you ever stated what is the true heavenly religion granted all living beings on planet earth as that of the universe ... remission to the everlasting.

other than claiming that to be jesus's true religion - have you ever stated what is the true heavenly religion granted all living beings on planet earth as that of the universe ... remission to the everlasting.
Jesus is the head of his 1 true religion on earth, lead by these-Matt 24:45

Forum List

Back