Jeb Bush, Newt Gingrich, Rand Paul

After listening to Rand and his filibuster statements/comments the other day he is so far out of even the right wing it is ridiculous.
Please, nominate him in 2016.

Really???? All three have indicated they will likely run in 2016.

Rand has little experience (like someone else we know)

Newt had his shot

Bush BUSH booooooooosh

I like Carson and find him to be a very interesting and energetic speaker. Republicans could use more like him

I think if he were to get the nomination there would be about 20% of blacks who would throw their vote towards him. He would not however, cause a reversal in the black vote because he is black. He would still be stuck with a Republican platform that is hostile towards minorities

In fact, I would predict a black Republican presidential candidate would cost Republicans more Republican votes than it picks up black votes

I don't agree. And you are smarter than this, that is a stereotypical statement that has no grounds. (my emphasis)
I agree 100% that Republicans need more like him black or white. He is what a conservative actually looks like...not the corrupt blowhards we have now.
We need more like him in Washington period.

I'd like to agree with you...but I can't

There is still a small percentage of the GOP base that is still racist to all hell. Many still post on this board and yes, they vote republican.

I said the same thing about Herman Cain. He will cost more Republican votes than he gains black votes

Aw c'mon rwr' there are as many racist that are Democrats as Republicans, in fact I dare say more. Racism goes both ways, and when you count blacks who are racist - I believe the scale goes much father the other way. Much farther.

You are really prepared to make that statement? Seriously?

I don't agree. And you are smarter than this, that is a stereotypical statement that has no grounds. (my emphasis)
I agree 100% that Republicans need more like him black or white. He is what a conservative actually looks like...not the corrupt blowhards we have now.

There is still a small percentage of the GOP base that is still racist to all hell. Many still post on this board and yes, they vote republican.

I said the same thing about Herman Cain. He will cost more Republican votes than he gains black votes

Aw c'mon rwr' there are as many racist that are Democrats as Republicans, in fact I dare say more. Racism goes both ways, and when you count blacks who are racist - I believe the scale goes much father the other way. Much farther.

Might be true but we are talking about Ben Carson

If he were to swing 20% of the Black vote over to the republicans that would amount to to about 2.5% of the total vote

Keep in mind that in the last 75 years Republicans have elected just SIX blacks to Congress, Senate, Governors or President. History has shown they will not turn out for black candidates. Ben Carson is no different

If he were to swing 20% of the Black vote over to the republicans that would amount to to about 2.5% of the total vote

Keep in mind that in the last 75 years Republicans have elected just SIX blacks to Congress, Senate, Governors or President. History has shown they will not turn out for black candidates. Ben Carson is no different

How many blacks have RAN on the Republican ticket?
And when one does - what happens? "Uncle Tom"..."traitor"..."let's cut his nuts off" ( as said by Jesse Jackson).
Hell - you would have to be crazy to run on the Republican ticket as a black man - you will be hated by millions....of your own race.

How many blacks have RAN on the Republican ticket?
And when one does - what happens? "Uncle Tom"..."traitor"..."let's cut his nuts off" ( as said by Jesse Jackson).
Hell - you would have to be crazy to run on the Republican ticket as a black man - you will be hated by millions....of your own race.

Democrats do not select Republican candidates......GOP primaries do

Historically, blacks have not made it through the GOP primary process. I doubt that Ben Carson would

Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

You dis Rand and then you call out Paul Ryan? Really? Talk about detached.

Paul Ryan's "plans" were an par with Obama's plans...

I don't know who will run in 2016, I like the idea of Rand but I'll just wait and see. All I can say is if the Republican party puts someone up like Newt, Paul Ryan, Santorum, Mitt , Bush or any of the other wanabe conservatives, then the Republican party will keep shrinking while the libertarian movement keeps growing by leaps and bounds.

Republicans need someone with a conservative record, what 2008 proved is that the only one with a record (Ron Paul) was ignored and ridiculed as the party paid dearly for it. Some pretend to this day that Paul supporters don't matter, but reality is Reps lost an easy win seeing as Dems lost 4 million voters. So if Reps do it again it will hurt them, again...

Rand Paul's recent PR stunt just took him out of viablity. Like every other GOPer of recent years, he has decided to coddle and nurter the low voltage brains.
Pure crap.

I was conversing with some people on a totally apolitical forum, who were occasionally peeking in on the filibuster during a blowout hockey game...Not a one of the numerous comments posted was anything but positive about what he was saying and his ability to stay on topic for hours on end.

The days of squishy sellouts and military interventionist neocons are coming to an end....Best start dealing with that reality now.

Yes, there are a lot of low voltage brains out there who haven't a clue about the issues involved. That's what Paul is relying on. He will ride on a wave of airheads.

Hours on end? He's a wuss. He didn't even make the Top 5 filibusters of all time.

That kind of demagoguery never makes any real mark on the world.

Just ask his dad.
Way to talk shit about people you know nothing about.

And just what do the insider elite pinheads that you throw in with have to run with?...More Karl Rove?

That worked out so well the last two cycles! :rolleyes:

Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

Ryan....really...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Forum List

Back