Jeb Bush, Newt Gingrich, Rand Paul

God help us if this is what the Republicans have to offer.
I am hoping for a Ben Carson run. God wouldn't that be delicious??
Just what the heck would black America do if a black man ran as a Republican - imagine the media whoring.

Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

Yep. Paul Ryan WILL BE your next GOP candidate for the Presidency. You can take that to the bank because his mentors, the Koch brothers, will see to it. They used their money and influence to shove him down Mitt Romney's throat for the exposure and for the opportunity for Ryan to look "Presidential" and they'll spend any amount necessary to give him enough primary wins to garner enough delegates to seal the deal.

If you think I'm wrong, I challenge you to keep an eye on how often he appears on FOX for the next 2 years.

I disagree.

Money can't buy elections (but it can rent them for a while). Look at the E-Bay CEO for an example. Also Gov Romney spent much more money than Obama at points during the election. Didn't go over too well for him.

Uncle Joe took Ryan to the woodshed in the debate and I don't think he'll be able to recover from the whoopin.

Just what the heck would black America do if a black man ran as a Republican - imagine the media whoring.

I think Carson could probably pull 75% of the black vote

Ben Carson. :rolleyes:

Did we not learn from Sarah Palin that one speech does not a viable candidate make?

And weren't we bitching just four years ago about the lack of experience of one Barack Obama? And have we not been hammering away at how right we were about that since?

So WTF "Ben Carson", over?

Last edited:

Did we not learn from Sarah Palin that one speech does not a viable candidate make?

And weren't we bitching just four years ago about the lack of experience of one Barack Obama? And have we not been hammering away at how right we were about that since?

One Speech???????????????????????
I have read three of his books, and knew of him for years.
I wish he would have ran before.
Lack of Experience????????????????
You obviously know nothing of this man's history.

You are behind.

You are behind.

No one made a fuss over Carson until that one speech.

He has ZERO political experience. The Hill would eat him alive.

I don't know. If you know much about him then you know he has been a consistent critic of welfare and "bridge to nowhere" education grants. This is polar opposite of what blacks would vote for. (and some will holler racism...whatever...facts are never racist)

You are behind.

No one made a fuss over Carson until that one speech.

He has ZERO political experience. The Hill would eat him alive.

Zero political experience...this is a bad thing??
He has been saying for years that Washington is full of lawyers and career politicians. He is right. We need people who have EXPERIENCE in REAL accomplishments and solving problems - which this man has a lifetime record of doing just that.

I don't know. If you know much about him then you know he has been a consistent critic of welfare and "bridge to nowhere" education grants. This is polar opposite of what blacks would vote for. (and some will holler racism...whatever...facts are never racist)

I like Carson and find him to be a very interesting and energetic speaker. Republicans could use more like him

I think if he were to get the nomination there would be about 20% of blacks who would throw their vote towards him. He would not however, cause a reversal in the black vote because he is black. He would still be stuck with a Republican platform that is hostile towards minorities

In fact, I would predict a black Republican presidential candidate would cost Republicans more Republican votes than it picks up black votes

I like Carson and find him to be a very interesting and energetic speaker. Republicans could use more like him

I think if he were to get the nomination there would be about 20% of blacks who would throw their vote towards him. He would not however, cause a reversal in the black vote because he is black. He would still be stuck with a Republican platform that is hostile towards minorities

In fact, I would predict a black Republican presidential candidate would cost Republicans more Republican votes than it picks up black votes

I don't agree. And you are smarter than this, that is a stereotypical statement that has no grounds. (my emphasis)
I agree 100% that Republicans need more like him black or white. He is what a conservative actually looks like...not the corrupt blowhards we have now.
We need more like him in Washington period.

Rand Paul's recent PR stunt just took him out of viablity. Like every other GOPer of recent years, he has decided to coddle and nurter the low voltage brains.
Pure crap.

I was conversing with some people on a totally apolitical forum, who were occasionally peeking in on the filibuster during a blowout hockey game...Not a one of the numerous comments posted was anything but positive about what he was saying and his ability to stay on topic for hours on end.

The days of squishy sellouts and military interventionist neocons are coming to an end....Best start dealing with that reality now.

Last edited:
Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

I like Ryan but his track record says he's a government growing/big spending R. How is he different from the rest of the fray?

March 7, 2013

Paul Ryan Balances New Budget
By Embracing Obama Policies

120824_paul_ryan_ap_328-e1362668781360.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

He would get a significantly higher black vote than previous Republican candidates, but I think 20% is stretching it. I also think the net gain would favor Republicans despite their platform. I ( hope) think that only the fringe far right would completely dismiss a viable candidate based on the color of his skin.

Rand Paul's recent PR stunt just took him out of viablity. Like every other GOPer of recent years, he has decided to coddle and nurter the low voltage brains.
Pure crap.

I was conversing with some people on a totally apolitical forum, who were occasionally peeking in on the filibuster during a blowout hockey game...Not a one of the numerous comments posted was anything but positive about what he was saying and his ability to stay on topic for hours on end.

The days of squishy sellouts and military interventionist neocons are coming to an end....Best start dealing with that reality now.

Yes, there are a lot of low voltage brains out there who haven't a clue about the issues involved. That's what Paul is relying on. He will ride on a wave of airheads.

Hours on end? He's a wuss. He didn't even make the Top 5 filibusters of all time.

That kind of demagoguery never makes any real mark on the world.

Just ask his dad.

Last edited:
Newt is as likable as a root canal....Zero chance.

Besides being a Bush, Jeb is just another in a long line of "electable" neocon dwebs, like Juan McLouse and Vinne Vitalis.

What Rand lacks in experience, he more than makes up for in being someone you can take at face value, rather than being a vague and duplicitous little weasel, like the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania.

Rand Paul is a freakin whacko who is constantly sourcing the Weimar Republic and Hitler as some kind of eventual outcome for the US. Aside from that his little stint flirting with the possibility of striking down Equal Right Act, he goes off on ridiculous tangents like asking Hillary Clinton about arms shipments through Turkey.

Today..the only "viable" candidate for the Republicans is Christie. Elections aren't won in this country by just appealing to the base. They are won by appealing to everyone.

Last edited:

I don't agree. And you are smarter than this, that is a stereotypical statement that has no grounds. (my emphasis)
I agree 100% that Republicans need more like him black or white. He is what a conservative actually looks like...not the corrupt blowhards we have now.
We need more like him in Washington period.

I'd like to agree with you...but I can't

There is still a small percentage of the GOP base that is still racist to all hell. Many still post on this board and yes, they vote republican.

I said the same thing about Herman Cain. He will cost more Republican votes than he gains black votes

Pure crap.

Yes, there are a lot of low voltage brains out there who haven't a clue about the issues involved. That's what Paul is relying on. He will ride on a wave of airheads.

Hours on end? He's a wuss. He didn't even make the Top 5 filibusters of all time.

That kind of demagoguery never makes any real mark on the world.

Just ask his dad.

13 and half hours of talking is nothing to sneeze at.

The content, however, was laughable. He would have done better reading from a cookbook.

Pure crap.

Oh yes.

Hardcore ideologues are going to be the new thing!

Just ask the Whigs!

Forum List

Back