Jeb Bush, Newt Gingrich, Rand Paul

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Really???? All three have indicated they will likely run in 2016.

Rand has little experience (like someone else we know)

Newt had his shot

Bush BUSH booooooooosh

Newt is as likable as a root canal....Zero chance.

Besides being a Bush, Jeb is just another in a long line of "electable" neocon dwebs, like Juan McLouse and Vinne Vitalis.

What Rand lacks in experience, he more than makes up for in being someone you can take at face value, rather than being a vague and duplicitous little weasel, like the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania.

The Rs need an abortion policy (candidate) that at least unifies their own party or that split alone will most likely keep them out of office another 4 years.

The Rs need an abortion policy (candidate) that at least unifies their own party or that split alone will most likely keep them out of office another 4 years.

The GOP needs a candidate who can appeal to more than just the Nutter base. Those three won't do it.

A few more abortion doctors murdering enough babies to get him the death penalty should do it.

Newt is as likable as a root canal....Zero chance.

Besides being a Bush, Jeb is just another in a long line of "electable" neocon dwebs, like Juan McLouse and Vinne Vitalis.

What Rand lacks in experience, he more than makes up for in being someone you can take at face value, rather than being a vague and duplicitous little weasel, like the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania.

For the most part I agree. I think the lack of experience argument is usually unfair anyways. There isn't much that prepares you for the job of POTUS. Probably the "most experienced" in recent history was Bush Sr., because of his work with previous administrations and the CIA, and he wasn't even elected to a second term.

Newt had his shot

Bush BUSH booooooooosh
Who do Republicans want to sacrifice to the GOD o' THROW-AWAY CANDIDATES, next?

:eusa_pray:

Rand is interesting.. the other 2, not so much... I think a lot will be seen over the next couple of years in terms of possible REP candidates who go to the forefront of the fiscal responsibility battle.. a well spoken champion for reduction in government and government spending will surface...

Rand Paul's recent PR stunt just took him out of viablity. Like every other GOPer of recent years, he has decided to coddle and nurter the low voltage brains.

Last edited:
Unless Rand can do some fancy footwork in the next four years, I don't see any of them being viable for 2016.

He would have to make a bigger name for himself in that time, but people have done less. When I first saw Obama as the keynote speaker at the DNC in 2004 I knew they were going to run him in '08 if Kerry lost. And at that time the only thing of note he had done was that speech.

Unless Rand can do some fancy footwork in the next four years, I don't see any of them being viable for 2016.

He would have to make a bigger name for himself in that time, but people have done less. When I first saw Obama as the keynote speaker at the DNC in 2004 I knew they were going to run him in '08 if Kerry lost. And at that time the only thing of note he had done was that speech.

I think he needs to do more than that. He needs to separate himself from his father, and insure that voters hear Rand Paul they don't equate his fathers positions and policies to him.

Nutters dont take principled stands.

.....At least, not without marching-orders from Field Marshal PORKY!!!

sack.jpg

Last edited:
Rand is but a pale shadow of his father
Newt is unpalatable to any other than raving lunatics
Jeb...just another squishy middle northeast entitled aristocracy GOPer

Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

Last edited:

Newt had his shot

Bush BUSH booooooooosh

Christie will get the nomination in 2016

Only one recent Republican has ever put actual ideas on the table and then stood up to defend them. Every other Republican spends their time whining about Democrats and liberals and Obama. Just whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and more whining and more whining and more whining.

The GOP offers up nothing but a collection of pessimistic bitchy whiners, and that is reflected in the whining of their minions here and on every other political forum in America.

People hate whiners.

The one exception is Paul Ryan. He has put a plan on the table to fix our government borrowing and spending problem. And he has taken punch after punch after punch and is still standing.

So Ryan is the man to watch, not these troglodytes Gingrich and Paul. And forget about any Bush ever being a contender for the next hundred years at least.

Yep. Paul Ryan WILL BE your next GOP candidate for the Presidency. You can take that to the bank because his mentors, the Koch brothers, will see to it. They used their money and influence to shove him down Mitt Romney's throat for the exposure and for the opportunity for Ryan to look "Presidential" and they'll spend any amount necessary to give him enough primary wins to garner enough delegates to seal the deal.

If you think I'm wrong, I challenge you to keep an eye on how often he appears on FOX for the next 2 years.

People hate whiners.

Yep. Paul Ryan WILL BE your next GOP candidate for the Presidency. You can take that to the bank because his mentors, the Koch brothers, will see to it. They used their money and influence to shove him down Mitt Romney's throat for the exposure and for the opportunity for Ryan to look "Presidential" and they'll spend any amount necessary to give him enough primary wins to garner enough delegates to seal the deal.

If you think I'm wrong, I challenge you to keep an eye on how often he appears on FOX for the next 2 years.

TV appearances are not evidence that your single cause fallacy is true.

There will be several factors behind Ryan's success. Being a positive person in a sea of whiners will be one. Legislative success will be another. Name recognition another. Having an IQ above that of the average Paulbot or birther, another.

You left out Santorum...

He's my dream candidate from a liberal point of view.

In the 2012 primary, he carried 11 states. Now you can say it was a function of his opponent being Governor Romney. But if you look at the states he carried; ND, MN, IA, MO, CO, ND, OK, TN, LA, MS, AL, he shows cross-regional appeal, he won states that Romney didn't win in the General Election as well as states Romney carried v. Obama, and you also have to reckon that he has some organization still in place. There is also the experience he gained in 2012; that will be invaluable in 2016. Had he been in the chamber during the "filibuster", he would have made the most of his time on the camera where Rubio was quoting rappers during what was supposed to be a serious debate.

He also sings the GOP's favorite songs of total intolerance. Say what you want about the meatheads in the middle on the nation; they like who they like and they vote they way they vote even if there is no chance in hell that he can beat the Democrat on the other side of the ballot.

Don't count Santorum out yet folks.

Forum List

Back