Jan 15 is MLK day. Why do we honor a white-hating racist?

Since MLK said to judge a person by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, anybody who followed these words would be AGAINST affirmative action.

He advocated for equal rights, and not for the special privileges we see today.

He was a Republican.

Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., affirms that her uncle was a Republican during his lifetime.
That is an old long discredited bit of Fake News
Our state partners have spotted a popular Republican talking point: the claim that Martin Luther King Jr. was a member of the GOP.

We heard it in Texas, then Tennessee and now Rhode Island.

See related rulings
To check it out, we checked with King biographers, including Pulitzer Prize winner David Garrow, and found that King avoided partisan identification. "It's simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican," Garrow told PolitiFact Texas.

We rated the claim False.
Martin Luther King, Jr. And The Republican Party | Republican Views
The fact that the political ideals of the Republican Party were more closely aligned with King’s than those of the Democrats is supported by the politicians of Georgia during King’s time. Fletcher Thompson, who represented the Atlanta area in Congress from 1966-72, explained, “Most of the blacks in the late 1950s and at least up to 1960 were Republican. Our party was sympathetic to them and the Democrats were the ones enforcing ‘Jim Crow’ laws and segregation.” Others have noted that King seemed to support the creation of new voters for the Republican Party. New York Times political reporter Tom Wicker noted that, as the 1960 election approached, “the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. had volunteered to lead a voter registration drive among blacks, which King thought would produce many new Republican voters.” Much of the media at the time speculated on this issue as well, with The Reporter Magazine stating “It is open secret among many Negroes that the Rev. Martin Luther King,
But things change.

Republicans, under Lincoln were called Yankees and Northerners.

Democrats were called Confederates and Dixicrats.

Because the Republican Party was a northern based party.

And the Democrats were based in the Deep South.

Then the 1960's happened.

Now, the Republicans are based in the Deep South. They are called Confederates. The GOP is 90% white. The KKK, the Aryan Nation, white nationalists, the Alt White and the American Nazi Party all identify with Republicans.

The Democrats are a Northern Party. They are called Yankees. They are a coalition party.

Them's just the facts. Things have changed and now we see the change.

Since MLK said to judge a person by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, anybody who followed these words would be AGAINST affirmative action.

He was a Republican.

Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., affirms that her uncle was a Republican during his lifetime.

LOL

Conservatives are such idiots.

Put Political Strife Out to Pasture
By Dr. Alveda C. King

I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

She's been given that like five times. Watch her post it yet again as if it never happened, expecting different results.

From the rest of Alveda King's narrative:

>> The truth of the matter is that God isn’t a Republican or a Democrat or a tea party voter. God doesn’t vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic.

.... Uncle M. L. followed a pattern of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate. He wrote: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both — not the servant or master of either." <<

So here's a poster trying to use Alveda King as a credible source, while simultaneously disregarding King's warning about partisanship, desperate to claim MLK for her "team", oblivious to the sage advice about doing just that --- from her own source.

Hard to believe. :dig:

You guys are the only ones who keep posting a response to it. I only posted it 2 times and then moved on and posted speeches of MLK you are the ones who keep going on and on about it. LOL

He was a Republican.

Our state partners have spotted a popular Republican talking point: the claim that Martin Luther King Jr. was a member of the GOP.

See related rulings
To check it out, we checked with King biographers, including Pulitzer Prize winner David Garrow, and found that King avoided partisan identification. "It's simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican," Garrow told PolitiFact Texas.

The fact that the political ideals of the Republican Party were more closely aligned with King’s than those of the Democrats is supported by the politicians of Georgia during King’s time. Fletcher Thompson, who represented the Atlanta area in Congress from 1966-72, explained, “Most of the blacks in the late 1950s and at least up to 1960 were Republican. Our party was sympathetic to them and the Democrats were the ones enforcing ‘Jim Crow’ laws and segregation.” Others have noted that King seemed to support the creation of new voters for the Republican Party. New York Times political reporter Tom Wicker noted that, as the 1960 election approached, “the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. had volunteered to lead a voter registration drive among blacks, which King thought would produce many new Republican voters.” Much of the media at the time speculated on this issue as well, with The Reporter Magazine stating “It is open secret among many Negroes that the Rev. Martin Luther King,
But things change.

Now, the Republicans are based in the Deep South. They are called Confederates. The GOP is 90% white. The KKK, the Aryan Nation, white nationalists, the Alt White and the American Nazi Party all identify with Republicans.

The Democrats are a Northern Party. They are called Yankees. They are a coalition party.

Agreed.

MLK was an alcoholic whoremaster and a plagiarist.

And Republicans wonder why African Americans don't vote for them.....
I say it was more in line with blacks being stupid and gullible.

Well statements like yours and Tipsy are pretty much the reason why African Americans are informed voters when they vote against Republicans.
You are a fool as well. Democrats have done nothing for blacks and here you wanna keep them on the plantation!

Hmmmmm speaking of fools......you are the fool who imagines that blacks are all working on some plantation.

And wondering why they avoid your political party like well- like they would avoid a party of asshole racists.

Scores of us have already set you straight on myriad bullshittery since you got here --- why don't you listen?

You can lead a horse to wisdom but you can't make it think. That's why.
I prefer no myriad bullshittery. That's why I haven't listened.
in other words, you prefer your mind uncluttered by the facts.
Yes, uncluttered by the facts is 100% better than be cluttered by bullshit.

Well I think it is brave of you to admit your mind is not cluttered with facts.

Scores of us have already set you straight on myriad bullshittery since you got here --- why don't you listen?

You can lead a horse to wisdom but you can't make it think. That's why.
I prefer no myriad bullshittery. That's why I haven't listened.
in other words, you prefer your mind uncluttered by the facts.
Yes, uncluttered by the facts is 100% better than be cluttered by bullshit.
VjE0hZa.jpg

And if anyone knows sh!t, it's your kind.

atovegan_poplar_pig6.jpg

Pictures of pigs in pig sh!t.

Yea!

Everyone already knows why African Americans don't vote for Republicans! African Americans were pissed when the Republicans freed them and wanted to send them back home to Africa where they could be reunited with their family's.

I say it was more in line with blacks being stupid and gullible.

Well statements like yours and Tipsy are pretty much the reason why African Americans are informed voters when they vote against Republicans.
You are a fool as well. Democrats have done nothing for blacks and here you wanna keep them on the plantation!
Blacks are an integral part of the Democratic Party. The last president, the last Attorney General, the National Security adviser and more, from the Democratic Party were black.

The GOP doesn't understand because they are 90% white. The 10% of the GOP that isn't white have no power in that party. They are trophies. A couple of blacks, a couple of Native Americans, a few Asians, some of this, a couple of that. The power in the GOP is the 90% that are white.

But the Democrats are a coalition. There is no group that controls other groups. Black Democrats have their own leadership, so do Hispanic Democrats, white Democrats and so on. All the groups work together and have their own base.

He was a Republican.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

She's been given that like five times. Watch her post it yet again as if it never happened, expecting different results.

>> The truth of the matter is that God isn’t a Republican or a Democrat or a tea party voter. God doesn’t vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic.

.... Uncle M. L. followed a pattern of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate. He wrote: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both — not the servant or master of either." <<

So here's a poster trying to use Alveda King as a credible source, while simultaneously disregarding King's warning about partisanship, desperate to claim MLK for her "team", oblivious to the sage advice about doing just that --- from her own source.

You guys are the only ones who keep posting a response to it. I only posted it 2 times and then moved on and posted speeches of MLK you are the ones who keep going on and on about it. LOL

And I only replied once to your nonsense regarding Alveda King.

Everyone already knows why African Americans don't vote for Republicans! African Americans were pissed when the Republicans freed them and wanted to send them back home to Africa where they could be reunited with their family's.

See here is the thing- there are Trumpsters every bit as stupid as CleanJean- so is she acting like a typical racist braindead Trumpsters?

Or is she just trolling the Republicans by acting like another racist Trump fan?

Let's have a day for thomas Edison or Henry Ford - some useful american who helped the country. MLK is why america is flooded with the systemic racism of affirmative action.

MLK was also an incredibly stupid man who could barely read. Here's a website that gives his super-low scores in the GRE test.

Graduate Record Examination Scores for Martin Luther King, Jr.
There is stupid and then there is Evangelical Right wing stupid​
26219722_1731135066964260_9142677326299383715_n.jpg
You son of a....

Let's have a day for thomas Edison or Henry Ford - some useful american who helped the country. MLK is why america is flooded with the systemic racism of affirmative action.

MLK was also an incredibly stupid man who could barely read. Here's a website that gives his super-low scores in the GRE test.

Graduate Record Examination Scores for Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes of course Martin Luther King Jr. is why we have racism in America......

You haters got to hate, hate, hate.
White republicans are incapable of hate.
They also can't wipe their ass and need assistance from others.

He was a Republican.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

I think the onus is on you to essplain why you went and posted it AGAIN after it had already been debunked at least three times. Are you illiterate or just stupid?

He was a Republican.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

I think the onus is on you to essplain why you went and posted it AGAIN after it had already been debunked at least three times. Are you illiterate or just stupid?

Because she said it. Plain and simple. I still think it and we don't have to agree. Get over it.

He was a Republican.

See related rulings

But things change.

Two quick clarifications. Neither the Confederacy nor the Klan had a political party. Some of the above is applied with a fatally broad brush.

In truth both Republicans and Democrats populate throughout the country. And one might add Republicans are not called "Confederates". Confederates, like Progressives, populate only the past. And Dixiecrats were much later, specifically 1948.

Last edited:
He was a Republican.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

Because she said it. Plain and simple. I still think it and we don't have to agree. Get over it.

AND SHE THEN CAME BACK AND ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG. And you were fully TOLD she did that --- and yet you came back and posted the same shit all over again expecting different results ---- and one might add, in direct ignorance of what both she and her uncle MLK noted about the folly of partisan hackery ---- which is what you're selling here.

So YOU get over it. Once AGAIN Alveda King made a mistake, realized it, and acknowledged it. And you want to confine her to the mistake. That's abject ignorance and it's blatantly dishonest.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

AND SHE THEN CAME BACK AND ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG. And you were fully TOLD she did that --- and yet you came back and posted the same shit all over again expecting different results ---- and one might add, in direct ignorance of what both she and her uncle MLK noted about the folly of partisan hackery ---- which is what you're selling here. So YOU get over it.

I am over it. I explained why I think he is republican. Back then democrats werent the same as they are now. The south Dixiecrats were horrible fucks.

He was a Republican.

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

WTF??

You ”still” think it even after she said it’s not true??

:cuckoo:

LOL

By Dr. Alveda C. King

WTF??

You ”still” think it even after she said it’s not true??

:cuckoo:

I do. Because his principals did not embrace what the Democrats back in that time frame were promoting.

Forum List

Back