Jan 15 is MLK day. Why do we honor a white-hating racist?

She's been given that like five times. Watch her post it yet again as if it never happened, expecting different results.

From the rest of Alveda King's narrative:

>> The truth of the matter is that God isn’t a Republican or a Democrat or a tea party voter. God doesn’t vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic.

.... Uncle M. L. followed a pattern of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate. He wrote: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both — not the servant or master of either." <<

So here's a poster trying to use Alveda King as a credible source, while simultaneously disregarding King's warning about partisanship, desperate to claim MLK for her "team", oblivious to the sage advice about doing just that --- from her own source.

Hard to believe. :dig:

You guys are the only ones who keep posting a response to it. I only posted it 2 times and then moved on and posted speeches of MLK you are the ones who keep going on and on about it. LOL

I think the onus is on you to essplain why you went and posted it AGAIN after it had already been debunked at least three times. Are you illiterate or just stupid?

Because she said it. Plain and simple. I still think it and we don't have to agree. Get over it.

AND SHE THEN CAME BACK AND ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG. And you were fully TOLD she did that --- and yet you came back and posted the same shit all over again expecting different results ---- and one might add, in direct ignorance of what both she and her uncle MLK noted about the folly of partisan hackery ---- which is what you're selling here. So YOU get over it.

I am over it. I explained why I think he is republican. Back then democrats werent the same as they are now. The south Dixiecrats were horrible fucks.

Dixiecrats didn't even exist back then. They had a shelf life of half a year, that was it. Begin 1948, end 1948.

Scores of us have already set you straight on myriad bullshittery since you got here --- why don't you listen?

You can lead a horse to wisdom but you can't make it think. That's why.
I prefer no myriad bullshittery. That's why I haven't listened.
in other words, you prefer your mind uncluttered by the facts.
Yes, uncluttered by the facts is 100% better than be cluttered by bullshit.

Well I think it is brave of you to admit your mind is not cluttered with facts.
I thought you said, uncluttered by the facts? That's how republicans are known as be being superior to racists. Nobody hates racists more than the republicans who freed the slaves from those damned democrats.

LOL

Conservatives are such idiots.

Put Political Strife Out to Pasture
By Dr. Alveda C. King

I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

She's been given that like five times. Watch her post it yet again as if it never happened, expecting different results.

>> The truth of the matter is that God isn’t a Republican or a Democrat or a tea party voter. God doesn’t vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic.

.... Uncle M. L. followed a pattern of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate. He wrote: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both — not the servant or master of either." <<

So here's a poster trying to use Alveda King as a credible source, while simultaneously disregarding King's warning about partisanship, desperate to claim MLK for her "team", oblivious to the sage advice about doing just that --- from her own source.

You guys are the only ones who keep posting a response to it. I only posted it 2 times and then moved on and posted speeches of MLK you are the ones who keep going on and on about it. LOL

I think the onus is on you to essplain why you went and posted it AGAIN after it had already been debunked at least three times. Are you illiterate or just stupid?

Because she said it. Plain and simple. I still think it and we don't have to agree. Get over it.
WTF??

You ”still” think it even after she said it’s not true??

:cuckoo:

In other words --- :lalala: "I don't care what she said I know what she means better than she does"

Oh and then she does the same thing with MLK's own written words, written in their own time.

Another rhetorical fascist.

He was a Republican.

Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., affirms that her uncle was a Republican during his lifetime.

LOL

Conservatives are such idiots.

Put Political Strife Out to Pasture
By Dr. Alveda C. King

I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

You still think it- even though the woman you quote- specifically tells you she made a mistake?

Remember- there is absolutely no evidence that MLK Jr. was ever a Republican- none- at all.

The only 'evidence' you cited- was this woman- who later said she made a mistake.

So do you think she is a liar?

AND SHE THEN CAME BACK AND ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG. And you were fully TOLD she did that --- and yet you came back and posted the same shit all over again expecting different results ---- and one might add, in direct ignorance of what both she and her uncle MLK noted about the folly of partisan hackery ---- which is what you're selling here. So YOU get over it.

I am over it. I explained why I think he is republican. Back then democrats werent the same as they are now. The south Dixiecrats were horrible fucks.

Dixiecrats didn't even exist back then. They had a shelf life of half a year, that was it. Begin 1948, end 1948.
Whitewashing the Democratic Party’s History

Scores of us have already set you straight on myriad bullshittery since you got here --- why don't you listen?

I thought you said, uncluttered by the facts? That's how republicans are known as be being superior to racists. Nobody hates racists more than the republicans who freed the slaves from those damned democrats.

Which of our Republicans freed the slaves? Trump? McConnell? Ted Cruz?

This is fascinating.

Since MLK said to judge a person by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, anybody who followed these words would be AGAINST affirmative action.

He advocated for equal rights, and not for the special privileges we see today.

He was a Republican.

Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., affirms that her uncle was a Republican during his lifetime.
That is an old long discredited bit of Fake News
Our state partners have spotted a popular Republican talking point: the claim that Martin Luther King Jr. was a member of the GOP.

We heard it in Texas, then Tennessee and now Rhode Island.

See related rulings
To check it out, we checked with King biographers, including Pulitzer Prize winner David Garrow, and found that King avoided partisan identification. "It's simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican," Garrow told PolitiFact Texas.

We rated the claim False.
Martin Luther King, Jr. And The Republican Party | Republican Views
The fact that the political ideals of the Republican Party were more closely aligned with King’s than those of the Democrats is supported by the politicians of Georgia during King’s time. Fletcher Thompson, who represented the Atlanta area in Congress from 1966-72, explained, “Most of the blacks in the late 1950s and at least up to 1960 were Republican. Our party was sympathetic to them and the Democrats were the ones enforcing ‘Jim Crow’ laws and segregation.” Others have noted that King seemed to support the creation of new voters for the Republican Party. New York Times political reporter Tom Wicker noted that, as the 1960 election approached, “the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. had volunteered to lead a voter registration drive among blacks, which King thought would produce many new Republican voters.” Much of the media at the time speculated on this issue as well, with The Reporter Magazine stating “It is open secret among many Negroes that the Rev. Martin Luther King,
But things change.

Republicans, under Lincoln were called Yankees and Northerners.

Democrats were called Confederates and Dixicrats.

Because the Republican Party was a northern based party.

And the Democrats were based in the Deep South.

Then the 1960's happened.

Now, the Republicans are based in the Deep South. They are called Confederates. The GOP is 90% white. The KKK, the Aryan Nation, white nationalists, the Alt White and the American Nazi Party all identify with Republicans.

The Democrats are a Northern Party. They are called Yankees. They are a coalition party.

Them's just the facts. Things have changed and now we see the change.

Two quick clarifications. Neither the Confederacy nor the Klan had a political party. Some of the above is applied with a fatally broad brush.

In truth both Republicans and Democrats populate throughout the country. And one might add Republicans are not called "Confederates". Confederates, like Progressives, populate only the past. And Dixiecrats were much later, specifically 1948.

Stop cluttering up their minds with facts.

They have so much else that they fill their 'minds' up with.

Let's have a day for thomas Edison or Henry Ford - some useful american who helped the country. MLK is why america is flooded with the systemic racism of affirmative action.

MLK was also an incredibly stupid man who could barely read. Here's a website that gives his super-low scores in the GRE test.

Graduate Record Examination Scores for Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes of course Martin Luther King Jr. is why we have racism in America......

You haters got to hate, hate, hate.
White republicans are incapable of hate.
They also can't wipe their ass and need assistance from others.
I wonder if this left wing dirt bag wiped his ass after crapping on that cop car?

hqdefault.jpg

WTF??

I do. Because his principals did not embrace what the Democrats back in that time frame were promoting.
You’re a loon. :cuckoo:

He said himself he was independent...

“I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses … And I’m not inextricably bound to either party.” ~ MLK Jr, 2.11.1958

So you don’t believe either Alveda King, even though you cited her yourself earlier; nor do you believe MLK himself.

Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?

WTF??

I do. Because his principals did not embrace what the Democrats back in that time frame were promoting.

“I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses … And I’m not inextricably bound to either party.” ~ MLK Jr, 2.11.1958

So you don’t believe either Alveda King, even though you cited her yourself earlier; nor do you believe MLK himself.

The republican values back then were different. It wasn't like it is now.

Which of our Republicans freed the slaves? Trump? McConnell? Ted Cruz?

This is fascinating.
They obvious didn't free the slaves first hand, but they are carrying on the tradition fixing racism.

Sell stupid elsewhere.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-29-at-12.27.57-AM.png

Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?

WTF??

The republican values back then were different. It wasn't like it is now.
So what?

What part of, ”I’m not inextricably bound to either party,” confounds you?

Why does it not at all surprise me that that's your well of ignorance.

Once again ---- "Dixiecrats" was the colloquial name given to a group of Southern Democrats who walked out of that party's convention in 1948 because they were hearing way too much about "civil rights" from the likes of Harry Truman and then-Minneapolis Mayor Hubert Humphrey. They then ran their own presidential ticket, consisting of SC Governor Strom Thurmond and MS Gov. Fielding Wright. Part of what they did in prep was to get Truman's name kicked off the ballot in Alabama and get themselves listed as the "Democrats", so that those who robotically voted along a party line (as too many still do) would shunt the vote to the Dixiecrats.

Their plan was to organize the South -- the old Confederacy -- not to win the election but to draw enough electoral votes that the election would be thrown to the House of Representatives. Unfortunately for them not all of the South went in with them and they failed. At that point, when the 1948 election was over ---- "Dixiecrats" ceased to exist.

But don't take my word for it ----

Dixiecrats
The States' Rights Democratic Party was a short-lived segregationist political party in the United States. Wikipedia
Founder: Strom Thurmond
Founded: 1948
Ceased operations: 1948

Ideology: White nationalism, Social conservatism

Dixiecrats: born 1948 - died 1948. And there's nothing you can do about that except plug your fingers in your ears as you just did with Alveda King, you dishonest HACK.

Interestingly when Thurmond then went to run for Senate from South Carolina, he had to do so as a write-in since the state Democratic Party had kicked HIM off the ballot. Unfortunately he won that election anyway.

I didn't even click your link. Didn't need to. If you have a fake point to make in your own words --- try to get it past me.

Last edited:

Once again ---- "Dixiecrats" was the colloquial name given to a group of Southern Democrats who walked out of that party's convention in 1948 because they were hearing way too much about "civil rights" from the likes of Harry Truman and then-Minneapolis Mayor Hubert Humphrey. They then ran their own presidential ticket, consisting of SC Governor Strom Thurmond and MS Gov. Fielding Wright. Part of what they did in prep was to get Truman's name kicked off the ballot in Alabama and get themselves listed as the "Democrats", so that those who robotically voted along a party line (as too many still do) would shunt the vote to the Dixiecrats.

Their plan was to organize the South -- the old Confederacy -- not to win the election but to draw enough electoral votes that the election would be thrown to the House of Representatives. Unfortunately for them not all of the South went in with them and they failed. At that point, when the 1948 election was over ---- "Dixiecrats" ceased to exist.

Dixiecrats: born 1948 - died 1948. And there's nothing you can do about that except plug your fingers in your ears as you just did with Alveda King, you dishonest HACK.

Interestingly when Thurmond then went to run for Senate from South Carolina, he had to do so as a write-in since the state Democratic Party had kicked HIM off the ballot. Unfortunately he won that election anyway.

I didn't even click your link. Didn't need to. If you have a fake point to make in your own words --- try to get it past me.

I don't have to do anything. I explained reasons for my opinion and nobody has to agree with me. You are the one that can't move on. Also, I am a registered Democrat. But things were different back then.

I don't have to do anything. I explained reasons for my opinion and nobody has to agree with me. You are the one that can't move on. Also, I am a registered Democrat. But things were different back then.

You didn't explain why you keep running a statement from Alveda King that she later renounced, and you know damn well she renounced.

You also didn't essplain wtf that National Review link has to do in any way with "Dixiecrats".

You didn't explain why you keep running a statement from Alveda King that she later renounced, and you know damn well she renounced.

You also didn't essplain wtf that National Review link has to do in any way with "Dixiecrats".

I did explain you just don't like my explanation. Calm down. LOL

Let's have a day for thomas Edison or Henry Ford - some useful american who helped the country. MLK is why america is flooded with the systemic racism of affirmative action.

MLK was also an incredibly stupid man who could barely read. Here's a website that gives his super-low scores in the GRE test.

The man was not as you put it racist. He was a man who could see an injustice and made it his job to see it end. He very much wanted the races to be compatible and strove to achieve that by peaceful protests and marches.

Yes of course Martin Luther King Jr. is why we have racism in America......

You haters got to hate, hate, hate.
White republicans are incapable of hate.
They also can't wipe their ass and need assistance from others.
I wonder if this left wing dirt bag wiped his ass after crapping on that cop car?

hqdefault.jpg

That happens to be a flex-fuel car. He just forgot to open the gas cap.

Sooooooo .... how can you tell, just by looking at a picture.... what this guy's politics are, or if he even has any? Are you Mona Lisa Vito?

Forum List

Back