Jan 15 is MLK day. Why do we honor a white-hating racist?

There is stupid and then there is Evangelical Right wing stupid​
26219722_1731135066964260_9142677326299383715_n.jpg
Your reply is why there are no stupid people in Heaven.

Since MLK said to judge a person by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, anybody who followed these words would be AGAINST affirmative action.

He advocated for equal rights, and not for the special privileges we see today.

He was a Republican.

Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., affirms that her uncle was a Republican during his lifetime.
In Chapter 23 of his autobiography, King writes this about the 1964 Republican National Convention:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

King barnstormed the country on behalf on Johnson in 1964, “maintaining only a thin veneer of nonpartisanship,” according to biographer Nick Kotz. King called Johnson’s win a “great victory for the forces of progress and a defeat for the forces of retrogress.”

Here is what King had to say about Ronald Reagan, the hero of modern Republicans:

When a Hollywood performer, lacking distinction even as an actor can become a leading war hawk candidate for the Presidency, only the irrationalities induced by a war psychosis can explain such a melancholy turn of events.

He said he never endorsed either party. But he leaned Republican because back then the southern democrats were part of the problem with the sundown towns and Jim Crow laws.

Hmmmm this doesn't sound 'leaning Republican' to me:

Martin Luther King Jr. talking about the GOP National Convention where they nominated Barry Goldwater for President:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The "best man" at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

It was both unfortunate and disastrous that the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater as its candidate for President of the United States. In foreign policy Mr. Goldwater advocated a narrow nationalism, a crippling isolationism, and a trigger-happy attitude that could plunge the whole world into the dark abyss of annihilation. On social and economic issues, Mr. Goldwater represented an unrealistic conservatism that was totally out of touch with the realities of the twentieth century. The issue of poverty compelled the attention of all citizens of our country. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Well you have to give him some credit, he united blacks as no other had done before and preached non violence. I doubt we would have seen his marchers burning and looting like today.
If he preached non violence, then why didn't they listen?

MLK was an EVIL, evil man who sent little black girls to be firehosed by Bull Connor to pump up his own posturing. He took church donations to support his booze and blonde hooker parties. He liked white whores best of all. He stole a republican's speech and gave it as his own "I have a dream" speech.

I hope this bastard burns in hell for all eternity.

And His NIece is here saying he was Republican

Once AGAIN --- that's already been debunked, completely -- by Alveda King herself. See post 40, which is a repost from another thread THREE YEARS AGO and wasn't new then either.

As noted there and noted here again --- you're NOT entitled to your own history. History is permanent; it is not "negotiable".

There is stupid and then there is Evangelical Right wing stupid​
Your reply is why there are no stupid people in Heaven.

If you are going to heaven and I do not want any part of it ...arrogant hubris filled freakozoids are not my cup of tea
You should slap your parents for sucking at parenting.
we should sue the doctors that delivered you into this world for malpractice souffle of doodoo

Well you have to give him some credit, he united blacks as no other had done before and preached non violence. I doubt we would have seen his marchers burning and looting like today.
Perhaps him getting shot in the neck had some effect on that, I don't know.

And His NIece is here saying he was Republican

Once AGAIN --- that's already been debunked, completely -- by Alveda King herself. See post 40, which is a repost from another thread THREE YEARS AGO and wasn't new then either.

As noted there and noted here again --- you're NOT entitled to your own history. History is permanent; it is not "negotiable".

They recycle the same old same old

Scores of us have already set you straight on myriad bullshittery since you got here --- why don't you listen?

You can lead a horse to wisdom but you can't make it think. That's why.

Forum List

Back