MLK day is soon. Why not a day for Thomas Edison or Steven Jobs?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
MLK didn't do anything. Just a politician and white-hating racist. We need to honor people that actually do things to help america. Like businessmen and scientists and engineers. Thomas Watson who founded IBM is another great choice. Also Henry Ford. Maybe sam colt or bill ruger.

Honoring mlk is the dumbest thing i ever heard of.

MLK didn't do anything. Just a politician and white-hating racist. We need to honor people that actually do things to help america. Like businessmen and scientists and engineers. Thomas Watson who founded IBM is another great choice. Also Henry Ford. Maybe sam colt or bill ruger.

He did far more for our country than you ever did, StormFront.

It's the yearly whine thread about MLK Day from ShootSpeeder. My how the time flies.

He did far more for our country than you ever did, StormFront.

Name the biggest thing.

MLK day is observed by government and banks.

Everyone else ignores it.

Also Washington and Lincoln used to have their own holidays, but now its President's day to make more room on the calendar for MLK day.

File you petition....

MLK was a great man. He championed the end of segregation not by telling blacks to stay as they were and beg for handouts, but by rising up and being productive members of society. Thomas Edison ran a invention warehouse where he benefited from the inventions of others. He was a bit of a scoundrel and Steve Jobs was a prick. He certainly had some good ideas (that he himself did not actually design or create, that was Wozniak who actually did the work) but the man was a complete, and total asshole.

Hell, I think only one day is far too little to celebrate science and innovation.

Yes, lets only make one day for the holiday but that Holiday can sit within science month!!! ;) You know the black history month, women history month?? Well it can be like this.

Thomas Edison, creator of the electric chair....Do you like you inmate char-broiled or fried?

Actually Tesla developed AC which Edison used for his electric chair (well, not really Edison but I don't remember which one of his employees actually developed it) in an effort to scare people away from AC which is far better for energy distribution than DC (Edison's development) is save for the real long distance super high DC used to push power hundreds of miles. But within the cities and towns it's AC all the way.

We need a norwegen day. Polka celebrations are positively scandalous.

Polka_Dancers_at_National_Polka_Festival_in_Ennis,_Tx.jpg

All those others you mention weren't Communists, Martin Luther King was, so another reason why he gets the holiday. He also treated women like crap....again, the Feminists are strangely silent about this :rolleyes-41:

This forum has more racists then I'm used to...

If you support mlk day then YOU are the racist since it's obviously affirmative action to give him a day. MLK didn't do anything to help america. He got his day just because he's black and that is racism. THINK

Thomas Edison, creator of the electric chair....Do you like you inmate char-broiled or fried?

Actually Tesla developed AC which Edison used for his electric chair (well, not really Edison but I don't remember which one of his employees actually developed it) in an effort to scare people away from AC which is far better for energy distribution than DC (Edison's development) is save for the real long distance super high DC used to push power hundreds of miles. But within the cities and towns it's AC all the way.
It's DC all the whey for the electronics age, Edison got back on top...or should I say GE.......?

Forum List

Back