MLK day is soon. Why not a day for Thomas Edison or Steven Jobs?

MLK didn't do anything. Just a politician and white-hating racist. We need to honor people that actually do things to help america. Like businessmen and scientists and engineers. Thomas Watson who founded IBM is another great choice. Also Henry Ford. Maybe sam colt or bill ruger.

Honoring mlk is the dumbest thing i ever heard of.
Me and the family celebrate Confederate Memorial Day. Gonna take some small Confederate flags to the cemetery,stick my flag on the house,blast Dixie and I'm a good ole rebel on the radio!

Loser Traitor Day? What do you do, desert, eat grass, burn money, beg Europe for help while they laugh at you, then crawl north on your belly until you find someone to surrender to; taking it like a little pussy as they bitchslap you until granting you forgiveness you don't deserve? Have fun with that.

Watching racist's heads explode once a year is reason enough, IMO
Watching those who say they give a shit about what King said when they're only concerned about having the day off is laughable.
I didn't say anything about a day off. I was talking about watching your head blow off. :blowup:

You missed the entire point. The ones that pushed for the day off couldn't give a shit about King but getting paid for doing nothing. So much for his words.

Watching racist's heads explode once a year is reason enough, IMO
Watching those who say they give a shit about what King said when they're only concerned about having the day off is laughable.
I didn't say anything about a day off. I was talking about watching your head blow off. :blowup:

I don't get the day off. I treat it like any other day and work. Wish those who choose to honor him would do the same.

I didn't say anything about a day off. I was talking about watching your head blow off.
You missed the entire point. The ones that pushed for the day off couldn't give a shit about King but getting paid for doing nothing. So much for his words.
Mind reader, are you? IMO, you're nothing but a garden variety racist making up baseless charges to deflect from your own bias. The people who pushed for the holiday wanted to honor the man and the "day off" theory is wrong, since there was no net increase. At the same time the holiday was established the Lincoln and Washington's Birthday observances were folded into a single Presidents' Day.

Apparently blacks didn't listen. King said people should be judged by their character not the color of their skin. Today, many blacks use their skin color to try and gain something. As far as food stamps is concerned, blacks are the highest users of social welfare on a proportional basis of any race.

My 4.5 years of hard college work was wiped out by a single decision to discriminate against me in granting assistantships in graduate school. I (et al non-blacks) was forced to drop out, and spent the next 35 years working low wage menial jobs, while affirmative action recipient blacks were getting hired to high pay professional jobs. Blacks have been getting favors (at others' expense) based on the color of their skin, for 50 years now.

[
American Indian Day....acceptable.

uranidiot. Until the white man came, no north american injun tribe even had a written language.!! Bunch of semi-human savages. And now all they all do is go on welfare and live off whites.
The most useless people in history and you want to honor them??
More human than whites, especially white racists.
White Europeans arrived and brought with them: Slavery, deceit, treachery, outrageous greed, smallpox and other diseases, et cetera. What have the precious whites done for this continent?
Massive deforestation.
Animals on the brink of extinction.
Pollution.
Vast piles of garbage.
At least state governments are getting rid of statues and flags of the real garbage in the south; that's a positive step.

[

uranidiot. Until the white man came, no north american injun tribe even had a written language.!! Bunch of semi-human savages. And now all they all do is go on welfare and live off whites.
No question that living standards for humans went up dramatically when white Europeans arrived here. The American Indians were so low technogically, they didn't have the wheel, or even buildings. They lived in tents and mud huts. In Europe, people were living in buildings (some of them palaces), for thousands of years already, when Europeans first arrived here in North America.
People crab about what Europeans did to American Indians, but how many Indians would want to live in tents right now, with snakes joining them during the night while they're sleeping ?

As for Europeans, being deceitful and treacherous, no more so than Indian tribes were to each other, slaughtering and torturing each other, for hundreds of years before any Europeans ever set foot on this continent.

[

White Europeans arrived and brought with them: Slavery, deceit, treachery, outrageous greed, smallpox and other diseases, et cetera. What have the precious whites done for this continent?
Massive deforestation.
Pollution.
Vast piles of garbage.
At least state governments are getting rid of statues and flags of the real garbage in the south; that's a positive step.

Last time I checked, it was the whites who have abolished slavery, not?

Thomas Edison, creator of the electric chair....Do you like you inmate char-broiled or fried?

Actually Tesla developed AC which Edison used for his electric chair (well, not really Edison but I don't remember which one of his employees actually developed it) in an effort to scare people away from AC which is far better for energy distribution than DC (Edison's development) is save for the real long distance super high DC used to push power hundreds of miles. But within the cities and towns it's AC all the way.

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

[

No question that living standards for humans went up dramatically when white Europeans arrived here. The American Indians were so low technogically, they didn't have the wheel, or even buildings. They lived in tents and mud huts. In Europe, people were living in buildings (some of them palaces), for thousands of years already, when Europeans first arrived here in North America.
People crab about what Europeans did to American Indians, but how many Indians would want to live in tents right now, with snakes joining them during the night while they're sleeping ?

As for Europeans, being deceitful and treacherous, no more so than Indian tribes were to each other, slaughtering and torturing each other, for hundreds of years before any Europeans ever set foot on this continent.
That depended upon the clan/tribe that dealt with. Some of our Constitution was taken from the eastern tribes.

[

Massive deforestation.
Pollution.
Vast piles of garbage.

You know, the best response to idiotic racism is not more idiotic racism.

That depended upon the clan/tribe that dealt with. Some of our Constitution was taken from the eastern tribes.
Dodge. American Indians all over North America, fought viciously against each other for centuries. I studied it in an Anthropology class in college. Burial mound excavations prove it. So do ordinary American history. Why do you think Pawnee Indians were so allied with American cavalry troops ?(even wore US Army uniforms and fought with them) It's because they were so much enemy to the tribes the soldiers were fighting, in the 1870s Indian wars.

As for "taken from", for every 1 thing current day Americans got from American Indians, they got 1000 things from us.

Dodge. American Indians all over North America, fought viciously against each other for centuries. I studied it in an Anthropology class in college. Burial mound excavations prove it. So do ordinary American history. Why do you think Pawnee Indians were so allied with American cavalry troops ?(even wore US Army uniforms and fought with them) It's because they were so much enemy to the tribes the soldiers were fighting, in the 1870s Indian wars.

As for "taken from", for every 1 thing current day Americans got from American Indians, they got 1000 things from us.
Yeah. Gonorrhea, Herpes, Syphilis, HPV. Oh yeah: Treaty violation after treaty violation.

Lee was over-rated as a general. He was all offense and that's bad strategy when you're outnumbered 3 to 1. Let's give jeff davis a day.
Traitor's Day?!?!

Traitor??? How was jeff davis a traitor?. The south never wanted to fight the north - they just wanted to leave. As jeff said "We just want to be left alone". THINK, you south-hater.

Could there ever be a white movement leader with a Holiday named after him?

We used to have a Lincoln Day and abe was a white supremacist who tried his whole life to talk blacks into returning to africa.

Forum List

Back