It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

In Extraordinary Statement, Trump Stands With Saudis Despite Khashoggi Killing

Trump okayed Khashoggi's murder, after the fact. Do you think anyone noticed?

What made you think journalists anywhere outside the ME would be off limits in case they might inconvenience the Trumpy or his sugar daddies?

But, you have to marvel at the good old NYT - describing the Trumpy as ...

... "remorselessly transactional, heedless of allies, determined to put America’s interests first".​

Just comparing the latter, bolded, with the former part should give anyone with a hint of sense a stroke, or something. There is a hint right there why the press doesn't find the adequate language to expose that incompetent, ineducable lout.

Yeah, I was trying to tone it down a bit, by saying ME journalists. He took pains to invoke the "enemy of the people" tag he applies to the free press. You'd have to be a Trump cultist not to notice.

Good catch on the Times catapulting that particular bit of propaganda. Were I to entertain the absurdity of America's interest coinciding with Trump's, it still raises the question of what Trump wouldn't sell for a buck
--------------------------------------- Sell for a BUCK . --- Its my thinking that 72 year old Billionaire TRUMP could not care less about money for himself as he has enough money . The only mention of money would be money made for Americans and the American Weapons producers and those companies employees that will make some money making some Weapons JMiller . ----------------- as regards 'journalists' , feck'em if 'journalism' is getting too dangerous for them JMiller .

It's just haggling over price. He'll condone murder for a weapons deal or two. Where do you think he'd draw the line.

As for journalists, blame the victim all you want, toadstool.

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.

Arab countries as well as others led by dictators have killed and jailed journalists for centuries. Every liberal here is championing Khashoggi and don't seem to know his background. I don''t condone killing, torturing or jailing journalists but he lived in a part of the world knowing how dangerous it is for dissidents. And the liberals also admire the Godfather too, even if he was as evil as the Crown Prince..

no reason to draw a line because of foreign journalists murdered by foreigners on foreign soil as its none of the USA business and who knows for sure WHO did the murder JMiller . As far as blaming the journalist , i think i said , feck the foreign journalist . They want to volunteer to be journalist , well they better be careful as they do their work JMiller .

GREAT!!!! BOTH SIDES want to run a blitz on Saudi Royalty and shun them. That's just brilliantly moronic policy.
Actually, it's great policy. The Saudis need us as much as we need them, if not more. And we need to send the world a message that this is not acceptable. And the Saudis will comply. Unfortunately, we have a president who licks their boots to preserve his family's personal profit. So our congress will rebuke him and act without him.

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.

Arab countries as well as others led by dictators have killed and jailed journalists for centuries. Every liberal here is championing Khashoggi and don't seem to know his background. I don''t condone killing, torturing or jailing journalists but he lived in a part of the world knowing how dangerous it is for dissidents. And the liberals also admire the Godfather too, even if he was as evil as the Crown Prince..

I would assume that if leftists spent a few minutes to be consistent, we should sanctioning TURKEY, one of our NATO partners as well. They have more journalists locked up right now than any other other country in the world.

Too much to ask from the tribal warriors to be consistent tho. That's why our sucky foreign policy will remain sucky until we screw up MORE of the world that chooses to remain in the 16th century...

no reason to draw a line because of foreign journalists murdered by foreigners on foreign soil as its none of the USA business and who knows for sure WHO did the murder JMiller . As far as blaming the journalist , i think i said , feck the foreign journalist . They want to volunteer to be journalist , well they better be careful as they do their work JMiller .

The National Buffoon can't bring himself to listen to the audio recording that might convince him. It would be too painful for his delicate sensibilities.

Of course you said, 'feck the journalist'. I preferred to ignore it as juvenile, until you insisted. If you want to pretend it's okay to murder a man because one disagreed with what he wrote, it's up to you.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.
Do you know what an ad hominem argument is?

Can we all stop pretending Saudi Arabia or Russia or Trumpmerica are morally inferior to any other branch of our species. Human nature is the central problem we all face. No specific ideology can solve the central problem of a species whose agressive tribal instincts are well equiped by a technology that can and probably will wipe us all off the planet. That we now have a raving lunatic in Whitehouse may add to the problem but removing him won’t add much to our chances of survival. There will be sufficient monsters left to take over and sufficient foreign leaders to fight with them . Be very afraid children.
upload_2018-11-20_19-0-39.jpeg

Notice -- these partisans just attack and never offer THEIR Mid East policy plans. I'd be floored if they did. Our mid east policy has sucked under BOTH parties for 35 years. Made the same mistake of either supporting DESPOTS and shotgun waving dictators, or DEPOSING them.

Which ones does BlackFlag like? OR -- is it possible, we should admit our failures and disasters in that region and leave them to destroy each other. Which is their normal historical state of affairs.

But don't CRY like a baby when the Shia or Sunni Caliphate is reconstituted ala the Ottoman Empire. That's the Arab end game.

Dictators and despots are REQUIRED in those countries to keep the blood flow down. We should recognize that.

Send me an alert if ANY of these opportunist leftist baby whiners has a coherent Mid East policy. I can't waste time watching partisans blame each other for the SAME FAILED SHIT decade after decade...

The shit fails because you need to get out of the Middle East altogether. Let them all kill each other. When there's no one left, the killing will end.

But then you get wars with 37 factions fighting each other in Syria, and because the American starts wringing their hands and shedding tears over total destruction of 2/3 of Syria and the massive death tool and refugee crisis --- they DEMAND we get involved.

Or zombie nations that we created like Libya after Ghaddafi and Afghanistan where we are still committed to keeping a puppet regime in power.

It's a hard habit to break... IMO -- our role ought to be humanitarian, not aligned with the brutality and backwardness of the culture that the Mid East Arab chooses.
le
As far as I'm concerned the "foreign aid" that these nations receive is basically all tied to arms purchases from US military suppliers. The US is perpetuating this endless conflict and profitting from it, but US foreign aid is all too often a subsidy to the US arms industry paid for by US taxpayers.

I'm impressed.
You just increased your pay grade.
Now, advance to 'Go' related to geo-politics.

Congratulations!

This isn't the first time I've said this. Back in the early 1980's I did a contract with a large international Catholic charity which send aid workers to some of the worst places in the world. It was there that this hippy peacenik found out how the world really works. I learned about foreign aid, and how little humanitarian aid ends up in the hands of the people, and how much of it is diverted by government agencies to the black market and sold for money to buy arms. The practice is referred to as "Turning plowshares into swords".

It was my job, when the Director and Assistant Director were away, to review and handle anything that arose in their correspondence. In that capacity, I received a letter from someone in El Salvador which contained an English translation of the confession from one of the men who participated in the rape and murder of four Catholic nuns/missionaries, in El Salvador in 1980. It is a document I can never unsee or forget. After I finished reading it, I went to the washroom, and threw up. Since then, I have been very "woke" to all of the shit that goes on in the world. That entire contract was an education to the horror of what goes on in foreign policy throughout the world.

1980 murders of U.S. missionaries in El Salvador - Wikipedia
That is just a little bit of how it works. You must have been a Terminal Liberal at that time.

as i said , foreign journalist murdered on foreign soil by foreigners is none of the USA business . Feck the journalists , they decided to be journalists and aren't special you name calling JMiller :afro:.

Should he attack the Saudi’s? Are ewe libtards wanting to go to war? When will ewe sign up?
Is that the only moronic action you can come up with? We have similar issues with allies before, and we have done something. Not gone to war. Now we have given authoritarians a green light to kill whomever with a check.

You gonna put the Saudi Royals in "time-out" or something? Either we learn to live with the brutality and culture of Arab allies or we disassociate from them in terms of strategic alliances and let the Mid East redesign itself into the Caliphate or Caliphates that they should really be..

Breaking ties with the Saudis would accelerate the inevitable carnage for that region. Syria was just a prelude to the balkanization to come if we stop taking sides.

I'm willing to opt out completely. But I doubt you really have the stomach to watch what happens after we stop picking winners and losers in the Mid East.

Those aren’t the only alternatives. That is the problem with this way of thinking. You are saying either we choose to condone anything they do or we break ties. Do you see the problem with that?

President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he will not take strong action against Saudi Arabia or its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the death and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In an exclamation-mark laden statement subtitled “America First!” Trump said that “our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”

Trump Signals U.S. Won’t Take Punitive Measures Against Saudi Crown Prince Over Journalist’s Killing

Pretty much since day 1 the priority of Trump’s administration has been to help Saudi Arabia get away with murdering this journalist. I wonder what he’ll do next time Putin kills somebody.

Remember Trump campaigning on forcing Saudi Arabia to go to trial for 9/11? Yeah, if you believed that, I bet you still believe Mexico’s going to pay for a wall.

Wow Herr Hitler, demagogue much?
^ :cuckoo:

Herr Hitler, would you agree that Barack Obama likes to rape, murder, and mutilate young girls? After all, he refused to act against ISIS or Boko Harim. So if we follow the evil shit you spew, then Obammy likes it when girls are raped.

Should he attack the Saudi’s? Are ewe libtards wanting to go to war? When will ewe sign up?
Is that the only moronic action you can come up with? We have similar issues with allies before, and we have done something. Not gone to war. Now we have given authoritarians a green light to kill whomever with a check.

You gonna put the Saudi Royals in "time-out" or something? Either we learn to live with the brutality and culture of Arab allies or we disassociate from them in terms of strategic alliances and let the Mid East redesign itself into the Caliphate or Caliphates that they should really be..

Breaking ties with the Saudis would accelerate the inevitable carnage for that region. Syria was just a prelude to the balkanization to come if we stop taking sides.

I'm willing to opt out completely. But I doubt you really have the stomach to watch what happens after we stop picking winners and losers in the Mid East.

Those aren’t the only alternatives. That is the problem with this way of thinking. You are saying either we choose to condone anything they do or we break ties. Do you see the problem with that?

Then why all these threads calling Trump a murderer because he refused to demand the Saudis remove the Prince? What do you call that? I call it stupid partisan bickering about a foreign policy problem they've never even spent 2 minutes thinking for themselves on...

You want to embarrass them? Put them in time-out? Refuse to send them Cadillacs? What is this madness? We need to learn that we can't CHANGE some things that disturb us in the world and leave well enough alone. It's like trying to domesticate alligators. You can be for them or against them, but you're not gonna get them to behave the way YOU prefer them to..

What about Turkey? More journalists been locked up there for years? What's your plan? And why are a couple dissident journalists more important than the 100s of thousands of Arabs being slaughtered in Syria, Yemen, Somalia?

He went to TURKEY...assuming that an action like this was out of bounds.

Not in the world of Trump however. Despots can do whatever they want

Herr Hitler, are you claiming that President Trump runs Turkey?

Are you really this stupid, or just so hate filled and evil that you'll spew any shit to slander your betters?

Nah, you're worse than Hitler, you fucking pile of shit. You have no honor, no integrity, no decency. You are a cancer that eats away anything good and decent in this world.

Muslims are animals. Muslims are vicious, uncivilized beasts. That one group of violent animals killed another is none of our affair.

What I don't understand is that the Iranians were chucking Homosexuals off of buildings in their country, and it didn't stop B. Hussein O from making deals with them. What's the matter with libs?

IT'S OFFICIAL - BLACKFLAG IS A NIAVE IDIOT:

Are you so naïve as to believe Trump is the 1st President to back murderous regimes? Obviously so...

Bush - Saudi Prince Abdullah
Johnson - Brazilian President Artur da Costa e Silva
Kennedy - South Korea's Park Chung-Hee
Reagan - Indonesia's Suharto
Clinton - Uzbekistan's Islam Karimov
Obama - Ethiopia Prime Minister Meles Zenawi
Obama - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak
Obama - Thailand's Prayuth Chan-Ocha
Obama - Muslim Brotherhood Temp Pres of Egypt Mohamed Morsi

Chile's General Augusto Pinochet
Iraq's Saddam Hussein
Panama's Manuel Noriega
Cuba's Fidel Castro

...wake up and smell the coffee, kid.

Every US President Cozies Up to Dictators
Barack Obama, “lackey” of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood

What kind of justice you want to IMPOSE on this sovereign foreign government? YOUR sense of justice?

Journalists are people. Murder is universally accepted as wrong. There's gonna be no genocidal wave against journalists. Priorities on murdering people in foreign countries should be:

1) Any American Leader or high ranking official.
2) Any other American..
3) any member of a persecuted minority big enough to fill a stadium.

And that's it. Journalists have about the same part of my compassion as the Christian woman in Pakistan who was facing execution for blasphemy and was saved by international pressure. But NOW the government can't protect her from retribution by MILLIONS of Islamic Pakis that want her dead.

ALL THAT WORK - to keep the Pakis from being brutal.. It reminds me of that injured seal release that the wildlife rescuers filmed LIVE on TV getting eaten by a shark within minutes of the glorious moment.

Why those priorities?

Journalists do a job. They report on things authoritarians would rather keep hidden.

Ignoring the targeting and murder of journalists is dangerous. And by publically doing so, we are sending a message.

Never like him because he was the number two man with the Muzzy Brotherhood so tough luck someone nailed him. None of our business. Khasoggi is gone time to Move on.

Khashoggi really trash talked Mo Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. What did he expect when he went to visit Mr. Salman on his own turf? Did he expect to get a freaking medal?
He went to TURKEY...assuming that an action like this was out of bounds.

Not in the world of Trump however. Despots can do whatever they want

He went to the Saudi consulate. Of a state he was an enemy of.

That was never a good idea.

Unless it is America. America is not a serous country.
Again. He was in Turkey not SA. An action like this (as we can see by the world wide reaction) is unheard of. He SHOULD have been safe.
But in a world where Trump has signaled to MBS can whatever the fuck he wants to...journalists are NOT safe anywhere if they speak out against despots

Oh really, you festering pussbag. Trump is responsible for an act in Turkey authorized by Saudi Arabia.

You're so filled with hatred, you evil and disgusting pile of shit, that you will tell any lie and spew any absurdity, just so you can defame your betters.

What a vile subhuman you are.

Forum List

Back