It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.
I don't know, why not ask your Messiah Obama. . . It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.

What kind of justice you want to IMPOSE on this sovereign foreign government? YOUR sense of justice?

Journalists are people. Murder is universally accepted as wrong. There's gonna be no genocidal wave against journalists. Priorities on murdering people in foreign countries should be:

1) Any American Leader or high ranking official.
2) Any other American..
3) any member of a persecuted minority big enough to fill a stadium.

And that's it. Journalists have about the same part of my compassion as the Christian woman in Pakistan who was facing execution for blasphemy and was saved by international pressure. But NOW the government can't protect her from retribution by MILLIONS of Islamic Pakis that want her dead.

ALL THAT WORK - to keep the Pakis from being brutal.. It reminds me of that injured seal release that the wildlife rescuers filmed LIVE on TV getting eaten by a shark within minutes of the glorious moment.

Why those priorities?

Journalists do a job. They report on things authoritarians would rather keep hidden.

Ignoring the targeting and murder of journalists is dangerous. And by publically doing so, we are sending a message.

Targeting who ELSE is not "dangerous"?? Murder is dangerous. Imprisoning ALL of the opposition media in Turkey is "dangerous". That woman being hunted down in Pakistan is "dangerous".. Why aren't leftists calling for her release and amnesty in the US. THAT'S an Amnesty case if I ever heard of one. NOT 2000 people from Cent. Amer a day that live in a country with no economy and no law enforcement.

Tell me -- and please answer -- what's your solution?

Do you have the kitchen sink to throw in here too?

Amnesty is a whole different issue.

Turkey’s treatment of journalists, dissidents, and educators is horrific. I have posted on it before, back when Erdegon was beginning his purge...didn’t seem to be much outcry then.

Does that mean we should ignore what the Saudi’s did? Give them a green light? When does matter?
Question is what other countries does this give the green light too?

Oh really, you festering pussbag. Trump is responsible for an act in Turkey authorized by Saudi Arabia.

You're so filled with hatred, you evil and disgusting pile of shit, that you will tell any lie and spew any absurdity, just so you can defame your betters.

What a vile subhuman you are.

A. No one has of yet said he is responsible...although there have been reports that the White House was given advance warnings that this was going to happen and did nothing to stop it ...or even warn the victim

B.I'm sorry about your tourettes. Have you sought treatment?

There have been "reports" from your anus. Despite your festering hatred, YOUR President had nothing to do with it. BUT you are an anal wart. You have no honor and no integrity, so you lie in hopes of slandering your betters.
I really AM sorry about your tourettes.

Thee is treatment available

Oh really, you festering pussbag. Trump is responsible for an act in Turkey authorized by Saudi Arabia.

You're so filled with hatred, you evil and disgusting pile of shit, that you will tell any lie and spew any absurdity, just so you can defame your betters.

A. No one has of yet said he is responsible...although there have been reports that the White House was given advance warnings that this was going to happen and did nothing to stop it ...or even warn the victim

There have been "reports" from your anus. Despite your festering hatred, YOUR President had nothing to do with it. BUT you are an anal wart. You have no honor and no integrity, so you lie in hopes of slandering your betters.
NSA: White House Knew ‘Disappeared’ Saudi Dissident Was In Danger. Why Didn’t They Protect Him?

Barak Obama released the man he called 'Re Mastermind Behind Benghazi' after it took Barry a year to catch the guy.

Based on this threads premise, Barry advocates / supports the needless preventable murders of Americans at the hands of his and Hillary's Al Qaeda allies...

What kind of justice you want to IMPOSE on this sovereign foreign government? YOUR sense of justice?

Journalists are people. Murder is universally accepted as wrong. There's gonna be no genocidal wave against journalists. Priorities on murdering people in foreign countries should be:

2) Any other American..

And that's it. Journalists have about the same part of my compassion as the Christian woman in Pakistan who was facing execution for blasphemy and was saved by international pressure. But NOW the government can't protect her from retribution by MILLIONS of Islamic Pakis that want her dead.

ALL THAT WORK - to keep the Pakis from being brutal.. It reminds me of that injured seal release that the wildlife rescuers filmed LIVE on TV getting eaten by a shark within minutes of the glorious moment.

Why those priorities?

Journalists do a job. They report on things authoritarians would rather keep hidden.

Ignoring the targeting and murder of journalists is dangerous. And by publically doing so, we are sending a message.

Targeting who ELSE is not "dangerous"?? Murder is dangerous. Imprisoning ALL of the opposition media in Turkey is "dangerous". That woman being hunted down in Pakistan is "dangerous".. Why aren't leftists calling for her release and amnesty in the US. THAT'S an Amnesty case if I ever heard of one. NOT 2000 people from Cent. Amer a day that live in a country with no economy and no law enforcement.

Turkey’s treatment of journalists, dissidents, and educators is horrific. I have posted on it before, back when Erdegon was beginning his purge...didn’t seem to be much outcry then.

Does that mean we should ignore what the Saudi’s did? Give them a green light? When does matter?
Guess if they do business with us murder is fine,,, Seems like that's how trump operates. Follow the $$

NSA: White House Knew ‘Disappeared’ Saudi Dissident Was In Danger. Why Didn’t They Protect Him?
Are you claiming the President knew the Saudi Prince ordered his personal guard / buddies to torture, murder, and dismember the reporter with a bonesaw in a foreign Embassy?

Even YOU can't be that stupid...then again...

It's not like the President was aware that a Middle East-wide terrorist attack against US Embassies and compounds was coming on the anniversary of 9/11/01, that he knew 2 terrorist attacks had already been perpetrated, that he knew every other country had already pulled their people out, that his Sect of State had denied requests for additional security more than 40 (forty) times, and that he still chose to do nothing except abandon them to die...

...like Barry and Hillary did...

2) Any other American..

Why those priorities?

Did you get that talking point from Chris Cuomo? Sounds like it.

Like there's gonna be a race to erase journalists because we don't slap the Saudis around a bit. Next thing you know CHINA might make a few dozen people disappear.. How about 100,000 Uighars in China just disappearing?

Here's the deal. The US ALONE is not the world's moral compass. You want to piss about Trump? Why don't you tell me what FRANCE, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, and the UK are doing in reaction to this ONE murder? Or did CNN not cover that for you?

Guess if they do business with us murder is fine,,, Seems like that's how trump operates. Follow the $$
That's how Obama operated. He financed, supplied, armed, trained, protected, defended, and even dragged the US into 2 illegal wars to help terrorists.

That's how Johnson, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama operated ... None more so than Obama.

He interfered in multiple countries' elections to help terrorists take over, helped terrorists murder other nation's leaders, protected Hezbollah drug ops, paid terrorists ransoms for captives, and even released 5 enemy leaders in the middle of a war to try to keep a campaign promise.

We DO have many tools diplomatic and political tools at our disposal, but we are hampered by an administration that sees no need for such. We can impose mild sanctions, remove our support for their Yemen war. Any number of things that won’t damage an alliance but WILL make a point that they went too far. Yes, we can’t change some things, but at WHAT point do we say you are going to far and need to rein it in if you want to maintain a strong alliance?

Why would we tell them we don't approve of the Saudis defending their OWN BORDER with Yemen? What US interest does that serve? What would "mild sanctions" do? Might as well just put them on ignore for a week.

You don't want to see it as the bigger issue it is. And that's the INCONSISTENCY of asking for justice HERE AND NOW because it's Trump --- but ignoring all the other times we've decided to not jeopardize relationships by DEMANDING they change THEIR values and culture.

You don't really answer questions. So it's difficult to HAVE a conversation. What about Turkey and Iran? What's the CONSISTENT foreign policy on abusive and dictatorial governments?

As far as I can tell I did answer at least a good number of your questions.

You seem to be ignoring mine and making this into something it isn’t.

What about Turkey and Iran?

What about Russia?

What about the Philippines?

What about Myanmar?

What about El Salvador?

How many what about do you want to add?

In the meantime...when do you decide an ally goes to far? Do you ignore it? Do you do something? It is not about changing a culture. What message do you send by doing nothing?

On of your questions was what can be done, which you ridicule as “time out”....yet they can be effective. One example.

Trump Says U.S. Will Remain 'Steadfast Partner' Of Saudis, Despite Khashoggi Killing
Earlier this month, the U.S. stopped providing refueling support for Saudi aircraft fighting a proxy war in Yemen. Trump said the Saudis would gladly withdraw from Yemen if Iran would do the same. The war in Yemen has produced what the U.N. describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis with more than 8 million people facing the threat of famine.

The US should stop providing parts for Saudis US aircraft....no parts, no ability to fly / fight.

2) Any other American..

Why those priorities?

Like there's gonna be a race to erase journalists because we don't slap the Saudis around a bit. Next thing you know CHINA might make a few dozen people disappear.. How about 100,000 Uighars in China just disappearing?

Here's the deal. The US ALONE is not the world's moral compass. You want to piss about Trump? Why don't you tell me what FRANCE, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, and the UK are doing in reaction to this ONE murder? Or did CNN not cover that for you?
Was he a resident of America?

Why those priorities?

--------------------------- think so Edward . Course when he was murdered i think that he was residing in 'turkey' wasn't he Edward ??

2) Any other American..

Why those priorities?

In all fairness, Flac, some of those countries ARE doing something.

European travel ban imposed on 18 Saudis over Khashoggi killing

UK foreign office says it's exploring a 'sanctions regime' with the EU against Saudi Arabia

Khashoggi killing: Australia refuses to rule out arms export ban to Saudi Arabia

Canada considering sanctions against Saudis over murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi | CBC News

And ONE murder can matter. It mattered when the Russians poisoned the Scrippels didn’t it? Sometimes, one murder is what it takes to firce some sort of stand, not just on that particular murder, but to send a signal to other regimes that some actions won’t be tolerated.

Why those priorities?

Should he attack the Saudi’s? Are ewe libtards wanting to go to war? When will ewe sign up?
Is that the only moronic action you can come up with? We have similar issues with allies before, and we have done something. Not gone to war. Now we have given authoritarians a green light to kill whomever with a check.

You gonna put the Saudi Royals in "time-out" or something? Either we learn to live with the brutality and culture of Arab allies or we disassociate from them in terms of strategic alliances and let the Mid East redesign itself into the Caliphate or Caliphates that they should really be..

Breaking ties with the Saudis would accelerate the inevitable carnage for that region. Syria was just a prelude to the balkanization to come if we stop taking sides.

I'm willing to opt out completely. But I doubt you really have the stomach to watch what happens after we stop picking winners and losers in the Mid East.

Those aren’t the only alternatives. That is the problem with this way of thinking. You are saying either we choose to condone anything they do or we break ties. Do you see the problem with that?

Then why all these threads calling Trump a murderer because he refused to demand the Saudis remove the Prince? What do you call that? I call it stupid partisan bickering about a foreign policy problem they've never even spent 2 minutes thinking for themselves on...

You want to embarrass them? Put them in time-out? Refuse to send them Cadillacs? What is this madness? We need to learn that we can't CHANGE some things that disturb us in the world and leave well enough alone. It's like trying to domesticate alligators. You can be for them or against them, but you're not gonna get them to behave the way YOU prefer them to..

What about Turkey? More journalists been locked up there for years? What's your plan? And why are a couple dissident journalists more important than the 100s of thousands of Arabs being slaughtered in Syria, Yemen, Somalia?

Bingo. The left seems to be fine with Cuba, Cuba has Americans in prison as does Iran. Why are the Saudis singled out? Oh yeah, it’s an excuse to hate on Trump.

Are they selling weapons to Cuba? Would you be ok with it if they were?

President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he will not take strong action against Saudi Arabia or its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the death and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In an exclamation-mark laden statement subtitled “America First!” Trump said that “our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”

Trump Signals U.S. Won’t Take Punitive Measures Against Saudi Crown Prince Over Journalist’s Killing

Pretty much since day 1 the priority of Trump’s administration has been to help Saudi Arabia get away with murdering this journalist. I wonder what he’ll do next time Putin kills somebody.

Remember Trump campaigning on forcing Saudi Arabia to go to trial for 9/11? Yeah, if you believed that, I bet you still believe Mexico’s going to pay for a wall.

Please tell me you really didn't expect it to be any other way with the Orange virus?
No but we have to keep putting this stuff out there in the hopes that Trump sheep develop some shame. The midterms showed many have, but there’s still a loooong way to go.
What are we supposed to be ashamed of, ridiculing idiots?

President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he will not take strong action against Saudi Arabia or its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the death and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In an exclamation-mark laden statement subtitled “America First!” Trump said that “our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”

Trump Signals U.S. Won’t Take Punitive Measures Against Saudi Crown Prince Over Journalist’s Killing

Pretty much since day 1 the priority of Trump’s administration has been to help Saudi Arabia get away with murdering this journalist. I wonder what he’ll do next time Putin kills somebody.

Remember Trump campaigning on forcing Saudi Arabia to go to trial for 9/11? Yeah, if you believed that, I bet you still believe Mexico’s going to pay for a wall.

Please tell me you really didn't expect it to be any other way with the Orange virus?
No but we have to keep putting this stuff out there in the hopes that Trump sheep develop some shame. The midterms showed many have, but there’s still a loooong way to go.
What are we supposed to be ashamed of, ridiculing idiots?
If you had half a brain you'd be ridiculing the idiot in our WH his daughter son and son inlaw

There goes Trumpster, appeasing tyrants again.
iu

iu

iu

iu

iur

Forum List

Back