It's not the government's job to fuck with the economy

You're right. Business needs to be able to see years down the road. Obama has put blindfolds on us all.

what nonsense... what has changed substantially since baby bush was president?

nothing you say, other than obama derangement syndrome?

quite right.

now, reality... government ALWAYS affects business. Every decision from whom to tax and for what or what not to tax effectuates economic policy. The REASON our laws exist as they do is because the middle class does not exist in the face of laissez faire capitalism. You end up with wealth disparity approximating what exists in countries like Peru... or Bolivia... or even countries like Saudi Arabia... ignorant, angry, uneducate, populace, and armed guards and the army protecting the wealthy.

that is the end result of "getting out of business' way".

me? i want to know that if some loser company tries to sell my son toys painted with lead paint, that my government is going to stop them. i want to know if some company throws chemicals into my water, that government is going to stop them. i want to know that if some company tries to re-create sweat shops or pay people a wage they can't give on as it used to be in merry ole england, then my government is going to stop them.

this whole "leave the poor corporations alone" so they can pour bazillions into manipulating our political system is bizarre. i've never seen people take positions against their own self-interest like this ever in my life.

frankly, if trickle down worked, it would have worked already. voodoo economics.

Yeah, because it is not your responsibility as a parent to protect your child...it's the government's job right? lazy bitch. Also where did I say leave the "poor corporations alone?" I said leave small businesses alone, and let them prepare their balance sheets years in advance so they can hire people within their budget and accurately forecast growth. Do you even know how businesses work at all?

thank you for proving once again, what an angry, uneducated piece of garbage you are. i appreciate the reminder.

as for lazy... i find it odd you can say that without ever knowing what i've done, whereas your lack of education is apparent in every word you post.

the rightwingnut definition of "small business" is a fabrication.

I ran a business for 15 years, dingbat... until my son was 5 and the hours were too long. and i can assure you that anticipated government tax policy never once had any bearing on whether i hired someone or not. my NEED for an employee was the only consideration so long as I had the gross income with which to pay them.

if a single word you ever posted were true, we wouldn't have had the boom of the clinton years or the implosion of the economy under bush.

it's about DEMAND... putz.

quite right.

now, reality... government ALWAYS affects business. Every decision from whom to tax and for what or what not to tax effectuates economic policy. The REASON our laws exist as they do is because the middle class does not exist in the face of laissez faire capitalism. You end up with wealth disparity approximating what exists in countries like Peru... or Bolivia... or even countries like Saudi Arabia... ignorant, angry, uneducate, populace, and armed guards and the army protecting the wealthy.

me? i want to know that if some loser company tries to sell my son toys painted with lead paint, that my government is going to stop them. i want to know if some company throws chemicals into my water, that government is going to stop them. i want to know that if some company tries to re-create sweat shops or pay people a wage they can't give on as it used to be in merry ole england, then my government is going to stop them.

this whole "leave the poor corporations alone" so they can pour bazillions into manipulating our political system is bizarre. i've never seen people take positions against their own self-interest like this ever in my life.

frankly, if trickle down worked, it would have worked already. voodoo economics.

Yeah, because it is not your responsibility as a parent to protect your child...it's the government's job right? lazy bitch. Also where did I say leave the "poor corporations alone?" I said leave small businesses alone, and let them prepare their balance sheets years in advance so they can hire people within their budget and accurately forecast growth. Do you even know how businesses work at all?

thank you for proving once again, what an angry, uneducated piece of garbage you are. i appreciate the reminder.

as for lazy... i find it odd you can say that without ever knowing what i've done, whereas your lack of education is apparent in every word you post.

I ran a business for 15 years, dingbat... until my son was 5 and the hours were too long. and i can assure you that anticipated government tax policy never once had any bearing on whether i hired someone or not. my NEED for an employee was the only consideration so long as I had the gross income with which to pay them.

if a single word you ever posted were true, we wouldn't have had the boom of the clinton years or the implosion of the economy under bush.

so let me get this stright.

Say you net out 50K at the end of each year.....

You want to expand...get a better reach......but to do so you need to hire.....

and you are netting 50K so you dont mind taking 40K to hire an additional employee.....of course hoping that you will make that back plus more down the road...

But in the meantime there is legislation that will increase your tax burden by about 20K....

You are saying you would not reconsider investing into a new hire forcing you in the red for that first year...and likely wait to see if the tax increase passes?

No wonder you gave up your business.

My God.....people make knee jerk moves, lose money and blame other people for their woes.

Its pathetic.

and you are netting 50K so you dont mind taking 40K to hire an additional employee.....of course hoping that you will make that back plus more down the road...

But in the meantime there is legislation that will increase your tax burden by about 20K....

You are saying you would not reconsider investing into a new hire forcing you in the red for that first year...and likely wait to see if the tax increase passes?

My God.....people make knee jerk moves, lose money and blame other people for their woes.

Its pathetic.

In that very real situation we did not hire a 2nd person to help me start this new shop, instead I am working alone.

Your example really hits home here.

Its pathetic.

In that very real situation we did not hire a 2nd person to help me start this new shop, instead I am working alone.

I am a business planner.
Part of what we do is review all legislation that will affect the client if passed as well as all initiaitives in discussion within the EPA that will affect the cleint....

As well as all local and state legislation on the table or proposed.

You can not make major business decisions without looking at all possible factors that will affect the net.

quite right.

how on earth can you make any major business decision such as hiring an employee witrhout performing a CBA?

I just dont get it. It is basic business 101.....

quite right.

if taxes never crossed your mind on whether or not to expand then your business must have really sucked to begin with.

Its pathetic.

you know...when I speak with left leaning individuals that say exactly what Jillian say....if they are not business owners I understand that they are not aware of what cash flow is all about...they dont know about the cost of money...they dont know about quarterly filings...and weekly filings...and monthly filings...they dont know about retained earnings be them negative or positive...they dont know about the importance of forecasting...they dont understand that an employee is deemed as an investment from a planning standpoint and that the ROI is not just calculated as an amount...but also calculated into cash flow...they dont understand that a tax increase requires immediate cash flow but a new hire may not show a return for months...sometimes over a year...they dont understand that an empoloyee requires a minimum of 3 months to be deemed an efficient employee
They simply see it as black and white....there is a demand and a new employee will meet that demand.
They dont realize that if the demand exists, by the time you hire the employee and acclimate the employee, the demand is already satisified by the competition.....

But it really irks me when someone claims to be a business owner and says the same thing Jillian said.

For she is outright lying about owning a business or she was a failure as a business owner.

And yet she spews her ideology as fact non the less....

Forum List

Back