U.S. State Dept. Training Islamist Parties In Egypt?!...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Nov 4, 2011.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    This is pretty disturbing. Haven't they learned anything from their funding & training of Bin Laden's Al Qaeda in Afghanistan?

U.S. assistance to Egypt is helping political parties of all ideologies prepare for the upcoming elections — even Islamic parties that may have anti-Western agendas.

“We don’t do party support. What we do is party training…. And we do it to whoever comes,”William Taylor, the State Department’s director of its new office for Middle East Transitions, said in a briefing with reporters today. ”Sometimes, Islamist parties show up, sometimes they don’t. But it has been provided on a nonpartisan basis, not to individual parties."

Read more...

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/p...t_training_islamic_political_parties_in_egypt
    http://bigpeace.com/elcid/2011/11/04/us-state-department-training-islamist-parties-in-egypt/

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    We have been training and funding the Egyptian government and its Military for decades, some Egyptian officers come to the US and train alongside American Military officers, from what I understand even though Mubarak is gone, these cooperations will continue. I would very wary of it until I find out who is going to be running the show in that country, so far things have gotten worse there since Mubarak stepped down.

3. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    I think we're just continuing on with a very flawed Foreign Policy. I believe Blow Back is definitely coming. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism always leads to unexpected consequences. Our Government should have learned from what happened with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Oh well,nothing ever changes i guess.

4. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    The only reason we give the Egyptians anything is so they will keep the peace with Israel and the stupid Suez canal thingy, as long as they keep their end of the bargain the billions of dollars of US Money will keep coming into their laps.

5. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Can't argue with you on that. I guess we'll see if the peace holds. I'm not optimistic though.

6. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I think Egypt is gonna just turn into another Islamic theocractic third world shit hole.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Yea there are already reports of Christians being slaughtered there. I can't stand all this interventionism stuff. When will it ever end?

8. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Yeah I heard Christians are being chased out into the streets and slaughtered, just like they are in Iraq and Pakistan, in Libya they are treating the Blacks like total shit as well. Time will tell whether these new guys are worse than Gaddafi and Mubarak, right now its not looking good.

9. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    'Puppets behaving badly.' Should be a new TV show. I just can't believe our Government didn't learn anything from their funding & training of Bin Laden and his loons in Afghanistan. It's such a tragedy.

10. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,925
    This was planned to prove to ruthless dictators that they a not invincible gods they think they are.

For up to 6 years prior to the uprising in Egypt, Rupublicans in Congress secretly backed this uprising in Egypt planning for regime change.

The Daily Telegraph
    Secret US document discloses support for protesters behind the Egypt uprising.
    The "Secret Document" mentioned this "Revolutionary Activist" speaking at a late January. The Congressional hearing on House Resolution 1303 was regarding religious and political freedom in Egypt.

This Resolution H. Res. 1303: Calling on the Egyptian Government to respect human rights and freedoms of religion was introduced Jun 24, 2008 by Rep. Frank Wolf [R-VA10].

It was also introduced in several previous secessions of congress. On Jul 28, 2005 it was introduced as H. Res. 413: Expressing the concern of House of Representatives regarding the amount of United States foreign assistance provided to Egypt over the past 25 years without meaningful political reforms by the Government of Egypt, by Rep. Ted Poe [R-TX2].

So this is defiantly looking like a republican master plan.

Our government relied heavily on our relationship with Egypt's military. We counted on our influence of democratic civilian control of our military to influence their military officials over our 30 year joint military cooperation. So far it seems to have paid off. Egypt's military has played ball with the plan.

Pentagon Faces Test of Influence With Ally
    Saddam = Gone
    Bin Ladin = Gone
    Ben Ali = Gone
    Mubarak = Gone
    Gaddafi = Gone

I love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011