It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

Idiot.

The taxes collected will go toward investments that will result in both revenues and cost reductions. You don'tvaddress that because you don't understand it.

I spent $20k on a new metal roof with updated hurricane straps last week Over the next 20 years, this investment will save me MORE THAN THAT in reduced insurance premiums and energy savings.

I spent money now to improve my bottom line later. Crazy, huh!

Speaking of idiots

the gov't does not truly "invest", in the economic sense. Really calling gov't spending
"investment" is like calling nuclear missiles, peace keepers

The gov't does not create wealth, it can only move it around.

Gov't "investment" is not a really investment ...
It is just a distortion in the market place

For example, the gov't takes your $20K and spent it on say, Solyndra

Last edited:
It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Obama says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Reuters - *20 minutes ago*

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

:clap2:

Stand with the President!

If they don't get the rich out of this no holds barred tax rate which is low enough that their accountants and tax lawyers are able to get by all of it America will become a nation of two classes...haves and have nots.

I have an alternative proposal........if they elect to pay no taxes they must agree for their children/grandchildren to serve two years in the military before they begin their college education. That way we'll see how bad they want that 35%....which they're not paying anyway. Look at Romney.......14% on earnings of twenty million dollars and that's just about what my wife and I pay on less than $100K.

I have a friend on the MS Gulf Coast who has made millions in the metal building construction business. Once he told me that if he ever has to pay more than 20% of all taxes combined that he would fire his accoutant and hire a new one who could do a better job. The only thing the Republicans will compromise is with a flat tax.....that way grandma and grandpa and the crippled barber who used to cut my hair will be taxed at the same rate they are.

Look carefully at the tax rates for the uppercrust just before the great depression and then look at where they have been for the last ten years. Reagan/Bush41 had them down very close to the rate in the 20's.

3.jpg

Last edited:
If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

Idiot.

The taxes collected will go toward investments that will result in both revenues and cost reductions. You don'tvaddress that because you don't understand it.

I spent $20k on a new metal roof with updated hurricane straps last week Over the next 20 years, this investment will save me MORE THAN THAT in reduced insurance premiums and energy savings.

Speaking of idiots

the gov't does not truly "invest", in the economic sense. Really calling gov't spending

Or......the interstate highway system, railroad tracks, scientific/medical research, developing the Western states, rural electrification and the space program.

Such shitty investments......all of them.

"Look carefully at the tax rates for the uppercrust just before the great depression..."

sad part,
you don't understand how "prophetic" that statement is,,,,,,

Idiot.

Speaking of idiots

Or......the interstate highway system, railroad tracks, scientific/medical research, developing the Western states, rural electrification and the space program.

Such shitty investments......all of them.

Still distortions and no doubt done more inefficiently

Unless one assumes, zero transactions cost,
What if the gov't took from you the $20k to plan, build your roof?

Odds are,,, it would not be done and they would have to come back to you
to get more money to finish the job

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

If they don't get the rich out of this no holds barred tax rate which is low enough that their accountants and tax lawyers are able to get by all of it America will become a nation of two classes...haves and have nots.

I have an alternative proposal........if they elect to pay no taxes they must agree for their children/grandchildren to serve two years in the military before they begin their college education. That way we'll see how bad they want that 35%....which they're not paying anyway. Look at Romney.......14% on earnings of twenty million dollars and that's just about what my wife and I pay on less than $100K.

I have a friend on the MS Gulf Coast who has made millions in the metal building construction business. Once he told me that if he ever has to pay more than 20% of all taxes combined that he would fire his accoutant and hire a new one who could do a better job. The only thing the Republicans will compromise is with a flat tax.....that way grandma and grandpa and the crippled barber who used to cut my hair will be taxed at the same rate they are.

Look carefully at the tax rates for the uppercrust just before the great depression and then look at where they have been for the last ten years. Reagan/Bush41 had them down very close to the rate in the 20's.

3.jpg

funny how you fail to report that the tax rate on everyone was much higher before and after the depression.

In 1946 for example the tax rate on those earning 0 to 2000 a year was 19%

So if you want to go back to the good ol' days be prepared to kick in your fair share.

Last edited:

3.jpg

funny how you fail to report that the tax rate on everyone was much higher before and after the depression.

So if you want to go back to the good ol' days be prepared to kick in your fair share.

Now I know what your problem is......You can't read!

The stock market crashed in 1929.

For your information it almost crashed again in 2008......if Bush, Bernanke and Paulson hadn't handed nearly a trillion dollars to the banks at the last minute it would have crashed again.

Little advise for you...stop watching Fox....................they lie

Last edited:

3.jpg

For your information it almost crashed again in 2008......if Bush, Bernanke and Paulson hadn't handed nearly a trillion dollars to the banks at the last minute it would have crashed again.

I don't watch Fox old man.

In fact I don't watch the boob tube for any of my news.

And last time I checked 1946 was after the great depression wasn't it? and this is where I got the tax numbers

Individual Income Tax Parameters (Including Brackets), 1945-2012

And that graph is useless because it doesn't show all the brackets so a true comparison of what people paid in taxes cannot be done.

And just so you know the bottom tax bracket in 1929 was 24% for those making 0 to 4000 a year which is still higher than the lowest bracket today.

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/history-of-federal-individual-1.html

So if you want to go back to the good ol' days then be prepared to pay your fair share

Last edited:

And last time I checked 1946 was after the great depression wasn't it? and this is where I got the tax numbers

And that graph is useless because it doesn't show all the brackets so a true comparison of what people paid in taxes cannot be done.

And just so you know the bottom tax bracket in 1929 was 24% for those making 0 to 4000 a year which is still higher than the lowest bracket today.

National Taxpayers Union - History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates

So if you want to go back to the good ol' days then be prepared to pay your fair share

Hey fellow......the chart I presented shows the rich people. You know.....the Republicans who have been running things most of the time for the last thirty years. Like I said..........you can't read.

Oh.....about 1946.....we had begun to pay for the second world war. This country used to pay it's bills........'course that was before Reagan and the Bushes.

Last edited:

National Taxpayers Union - History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates

Hey fellow......the chart I presented shows the rich people. You know.....the Republicans who have been running things most of the time for the last thirty years. Like I said..........you can't read.

yeah because there are no rich Democrats in Congress that have been helping run things..

3.jpg

First Reagan gave us that whacky Supply Side, then later the wingnuts here and elsewhere in their ignorance (can't truly blame them, what with them being in steerage on the Good Ship Wingnut)...tried to sell us the wingnuty idea that JFK was a Supply Sider Tax Cutter :lol:

Tax Cuts in Camelot?
This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it. A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy.
JFK lowered taxes, but supply-siders wrongly claim he's their patron saint.

Last edited:

yeah because there are no rich Democrats in Congress that have been helping run things..

If I were you I'd be ashamed to say that:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00 Reagan Tax Cuts

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00 (Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

Last edited:

Forum List

Back