It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Obama says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Reuters - *20 minutes ago*

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

:clap2:

Stand with the President!

still stuck on rabble rousing class warfare stupid eh?

$73- 100 Bn is what they projected to net form the tax rate s expiring on the slimy evil rich ( that voted for obama over Romney BIG btw, suckers :lol:)

so on a budget deficit of $1.3 a year, thats 1 Trillion 300 BN, we are talking about $100 Bn? :lol:..... and the years there after it will go down as they shift their $$$$...

you're being used, think for yourself for a change. ;)

Personally I think they should let the tax cuts expire for everyone.

I can hear the screaming now.

Time to stand with the President or get out of the way.

Nope. Time for the govt to do without.

Unfortunately for you, the majority of Americans voted for the Presidents view, not yours

:lol: I could line this page with articles describing the gnashing of teeth and screaming when Bush said he had a mandate in 04, (which he didn't inho either) AND he and his party did better than Obama did....

put the crack pipe down and start another attention whore thread dante, please:lol:

We have no idea how badly this tax burden is going to burden us. Obama saved that for after the election.
Clinton didn't add trillions of $ through Obama care, or the taxes Obama intends to impose on our ability to heat our homes, but Obam did admit it would be crushing to 100% of us!!
Under my plan of cap and trade, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket....coal power plants, natural gas, you name it.
He means that. He wants you to name it so he can tax it.

You greenies that think he is doing this for your lungs, think again. It means who ever pays the most gets to pollute the most.
I posted the "right to emit" permit the biggest gas company got to pollute Ohio's air. Makes coal look like a refreshing inhalant.

Last edited:
100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

No, what I am saying dumbass is the effect that taxing these folks will have on the scheme of things is incredibly insignificant. Tiny.
However, it will seriously effect 100,000's of small businesses in a much, much bigger way..and you don't do that in a crushing economy.
Now...what do you say about something the President refuses to address that would have a HUGE positive affect on the deficit - reign in bloated entitlements?

stop with the talking points, the election is over.

The rate the President wants was the sane rate people paid during the Clinton years...and we need to go after Hedge Fund Managers and others like Romney who pay such low rates on unearned income.

It is only part of a plan
Boehner walked away from the proposal he was offering: $3.5 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years, smaller tax increases than those laid out in a bipartisan Senate plan and cuts to entitlement programs, something Democrats have pushed hard against. It also didn't include revenues that Obama has insisted be in a final package, namely via closing tax loopholes and ending subsidies for the oil and gas industry.

"In other words, this was an extraordinarily fair deal," Obama told reporters. "If it was unbalanced, it was unbalanced in the direction of not enough revenue." Obama: Debt Ceiling Talks Fell Apart, Boehner Walked Out

Dont tighten up on us or go into withdrawals when the freebies dry up.

In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

well tough shit, ain't happening

Unfortunately for you, the majority of Americans voted for the Presidents view, not yours

There was no change in the senate or house so it's tough to say the sheep voted for Bam Bam's class warfare when they didn't vote for people who would pass it in the house.

The sheep voted to keep the status quo of the last 2 years and that's just what they'll get.

A majority of Americans didn't even vote so he is already lying.

hey idjit, how many Americans are eligible to vote?

how many registered to vote?

how many who were eligible actually voted?

In America a vote is decided by the majority of Americans .. who actually vote.

You should go back to school and study more. So should Obam it seems.
There are over 300 million Americans. A majority would be 150+ million.
Obama didn't even get half of that number. if he said a majority of voters than he would be correct. As it is he is lying but that is typical of him. And it is typical of he lemmings, uh I mean supporters, that they will lie themselves.

Yaaaay less jobs, less revenue, less everything. At least it would solve the immigration problem. Raise them taxes.

In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

well tough shit, ain't happening

Seems like it already happened on Election Day :clap2:

The majority of Amercians also voted Republicans into the House. In that regard, House Republicans need to stand firm on no tax hikes.

Districts voted for House members.

The majority of Americans in a national battle voted for the Presidents position. Not every Republican ran against the President's positions.

Reuters - *20 minutes ago*

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

$73- 100 Bn is what they projected to net form the tax rate s expiring on the slimy evil rich ( that voted for obama over Romney BIG btw, suckers :lol:)

so on a budget deficit of $1.3 a year, thats 1 Trillion 300 BN, we are talking about $100 Bn? :lol:..... and the years there after it will go down as they shift their $$$$...

you people are all over the place with magical math

when it comes to cutting a small program, you say 'every little bit helps' and when it comes to tackling the budget and deficits with ending tax cuts you say ''that's to little' so...little matters on one hand and not on the other

can't have it both ways, no matter how hard you try

and when Wealthy people lobby for benefits for Wealthy? It's class warfare because everyone else gets screwed

:lol: I could line this page with articles describing the gnashing of teeth and screaming when Bush said he had a mandate in 04, (which he didn't inho either) AND he and his party did better than Obama did....

put the crack pipe down and start another attention whore thread dante, please:lol:

except Dante is not saying the President has a mandate, only that the majority of voters know Obama versus Romney was about this very issue.

this is not some undefined philosophical mandate battle....this is about specifics. And the voters all heard it

you people are all over the place with magical math

when it comes to cutting a small program, you say 'every little bit helps' and when it comes to tackling the budget and deficits with ending tax cuts you say ''that's to little' so...little matters on one hand and not on the other

can't have it both ways, no matter how hard you try

and when Wealthy people lobby for benefits for Wealthy? It's class warfare because everyone else gets screwed

you lefties bitch about the wealthy

and then you turn around and VOTE for the Wealthy Democrats to be your masters..

I find that hilarious

Who expected Obama to end his DIVISIONS of this country or his sheep to not follow him in it?
Instead he seems to be doubling down on it now

Forum List

Back