It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

someday they will have to accept the real facts and history

You mean like that fact that everyone paid much higher income taxes in the good ol' days when the top bracket was 90%?

Actually it reached 91% while we were paying for the second world war. The point is this......the middle class made this country great. They fought, they worked, they died to set in place and protect every system which is being used today. Now the money grubbing upper class has methodically managed to keep the marginal rates at a level where it's little trouble for them to use write-offs and pay at a rate lower than what the middle class worker pays. It's no longer fair. Didn't you see the papers? Romney made twenty million and was only taxed at a 14% rate. My wife and I are taxed at that rate and we make less than $100K. If the goddamned rich ass bunch is gonna end up with all the money let their asses go 10,000 miles away and die in the sand.

uneven-distribution-of-income-growth.jpg

Last edited:
In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

Time to stand with the President or get out of the way.
You're not standing with him. You're on your knees in front of him.

If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are
Because taking money away from people makes them more prosperous.

It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Obama says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

:clap2:

Stand with the President!

still stuck on rabble rousing class warfare stupid eh?

$73- 100 Bn is what they projected to net form the tax rate s expiring on the slimy evil rich ( that voted for obama over Romney BIG btw, suckers :lol:)

so on a budget deficit of $1.3 a year, thats 1 Trillion 300 BN, we are talking about $100 Bn? :lol:..... and the years there after it will go down as they shift their $$$$...

you're being used, think for yourself for a change. ;)

you people are all over the place with magical math

when it comes to cutting a small program, you say 'every little bit helps' and when it comes to tackling the budget and deficits with ending tax cuts you say ''that's to little' so...little matters on one hand and not on the other

can't have it both ways, no matter how hard you try

and when Wealthy people lobby for benefits for Wealthy? It's class warfare because everyone else gets screwed
Even your little tin god can't make a hundred billion cancel out a trillion.

someday they will have to accept the real facts and history

You mean like that fact that everyone paid much higher income taxes in the good ol' days when the top bracket was 90%?

Actually it reached 91% while we were paying for the second world war. The point is this......the middle class made this country great. They fought, they worked, they died to set in place and protect every system which is being used today. Now the money grubbing upper class has methodically managed to keep the marginal rates at a level where it's little trouble for them to use write-offs and pay at a rate lower than what the middle class worker pays. It's no longer fair. Didn't you see the papers? Romney made twenty million and was only taxed at a 14% rate. My wife and I are taxed at that rate and we make less than $100K. If the goddamned rich ass bunch is gonna end up with all the money let their asses go 10,000 miles away and die in the sand.

uneven-distribution-of-income-growth.jpg

And what was the bottom bracket at that time?

As I have told you it was much higher than it is today so since you want to roll the clock back to the good ol' days then you should be prepared to pay much higher income taxes as well. Oh and let's not forget that there weren't all the bullshit deductions and tax credits that there are now.

How has raising taxes treated most of europe these days? That's a good model for what will hapen here.

That's just about the most stupid thing I've ever seen or heard about. Bill Clinton took over a 7.4% unemployment rate, raised taxes the first year, created 22 million new jobs and before he left office had a surplus in three fys totalling about $400 billion. You people have your Fox News brainwashed, Republican heads so far up your right wing asses you'll never smell fresh air again. You know what? Just keep on believing that load of right wing, Fox News horse shit and your party is toast. If you can't see what this election did to you even after your billionaires spent a billion dollars trying to beat the first Black president you deserve what you get.

Take a look at the marginal rates and pay particular attention to the low tax rates for the uppercrust just before the stock market crashed in 1929 and caused the great depression:

3.jpg

Last edited:
If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

not worried about the Super Wealthy becoming less prosperous. :lol:

Not only said it should be he said there wasn't going to be a deal without raising taxes on the rich.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday he was prepared to compromise with Republicans to avert a looming U.S. fiscal calamity, but insisted a tax increase for the rich must be part of any bargain.

Obama, who was re-elected on Tuesday, reminded Republicans that his approach to avoiding steep tax hikes and spending cuts due in January, which could trigger another recession, had just won the backing of Americans at the polls. His spokesman said he would veto any deal that did not include an extra contribution from the wealthiest.

Obama insists on tax hike for rich as part of fiscal deal - Chicago Tribune

Hey fellow......the chart I presented shows the rich people. You know.....the Republicans who have been running things most of the time for the last thirty years. Like I said..........you can't read.

yeah because there are no rich Democrats in Congress that have been helping run things..

If I were you I'd be ashamed to say that:

Why do you keep pretending that Obama's debt doesn't exist?

Bush vs. Obama: Federal Debt | Reflections of a Rational Republican

bush-vs-obama-federal-debt-08042011.jpg

Nearly three years after Barack Obama became president, many liberals still insist that Bush is primarily responsible for running up the national debt. While the federal debt did increase by $4.9 trillion on President George W. Bush’s watch, it did not increase at remotely the same rate it is increasing under President Obama.

In fact, borrowing under President Obama is occurring at over 2.5x President Bush’s rate.

Yet the left continues to decry Bush’s wars and his tax cuts as the primary culprits of President Obama’s massive national debt increase. If the current President found the tax cuts fiscally irresponsible, why did he sign a bill that extended them during his first two years in office, when Democrats dominated both the legislative and executive branches?​

what a loser you are

not worried about the Super Wealthy becoming less prosperous. :lol:
What happens when you run out of their money, Comrade?

Eventually, the threshold will be low enough that you're considered "rich"...and they'll come after you.

Look at what happened during the French Revolution: When the revolutionaries ran out of nobility to execute, they started killing revolutionaries.

But, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

How has raising taxes treated most of europe these days? That's a good model for what will hapen here.

Europe? No one is talking about raising taxes to the level nations in Europe did.

:eusa_clap: good gawd, you are truly an idiot in a class of your own. :lmao:
It's been repeatedly shown to you that the money realized from "taxing the rich" wouldn't touch the debt. You really think the class warriors won't want to raise taxes higher?

Oh, sorry -- you don't think at all.

daveman totally ignores plans that include allowing the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy to expire.

whatever. spin and distort, ignore, and attack...but it will not obscure the facts that all of dave's arguments are specious at best or just plain totally ignorant rants

Indeed

the crony capitalism promoted by politicians should stop..
Too bad Papa Obama won't stop feeding his "business buddies"
Remember, the purpose of the US Treasury is to pay back Dem party donors.

Or at least Obama thinks so.

LMAO!!

You stupid prick..................The Republicans have run up a debt so big that Jesus couldn't settle the goddam thing. Just keep on watching Fox..............you might be able to find your way in out of the rain.

Forum List

Back