Israel

Wrong, as usual, birdbrain. God stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac as an illustration that human sacrifice was wrong.

The Jews were the first People to place a priority on life.

You know less than nothing.

Judges 11:31-40
King James Version (KJV)

31Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

32So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

33And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.

34And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.

35And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.

36And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.

37And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

38And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.

39And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

40That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.
Judges 11:31-40 KJV - Then it shall be that whatsoever cometh - Bible Gateway

more on human sacrfice or israelites

Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel
Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel: The Unspoken Bible

yet more

n the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

Gehenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 Commandments: Thou Shall Not Murder.

Your links are bogus.

You know less than zero, dimwit.

you know not what you speak of

Judges 11:31-40 KJV - Then it shall be that whatsoever cometh - Bible Gateway

more on human sacrfice or israelites

Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel
Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel: The Unspoken Bible

yet more

n the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

Gehenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your links are bogus.

The Jews prohibited human sacrifice as illustrated by God stopping Abraham from sacrificing Isaac.

You are so ignorant, it's not even funny, but, we still laugh at you :lol:

The sixth commandment is "Thou shalt not kill."1 Atheists claim that God violated His own commandment in ordering the destruction of entire cities, just to allow the Jews to have a homeland in the Middle East. The Bible confirms that God ordered the killing of thousands of people. Isn't this an open and shut case for the hypocrisy of the God of the Bible?

Thou Shalt Not Kill: Does God Violate His Own Commandment?

really?

Hi Nonie
I was so suprised to read some of the Emails from Muslims on your Blog.
I read a lot from the Jewish side and then the ones from Muslims and Arabs. I would have at first thought that there would be nothing but insults and death threats, however I was touched and moved by some of the support that we have from the "other" side.
Can I just say firstly that I think what you are doing is courageous and wonderful. Furthermore I would like to use this forum to Hold out my hand in Friendship and love to those in the Muslim world who dont hate me just for being born a Jew.
We are all sharing this World together, we share the same History the same Root, From Abraham (Ibrahim) and we all worship the One G-d. The rest is just indoctrination and propaganda.
I pray for Peace and the end to Death and war.
With Love
Jeff

http://www.arabsforisrael.com/

not all Arabs hate Jews

Your links are bogus.

The Jews prohibited human sacrifice as illustrated by God stopping Abraham from sacrificing Isaac.

Is that all you have for proof?
it was a test for Abraham to see if he would obey God no matter what .

The episode of God forbidding Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac is one of the most important and instructive in the Hebrew Bible, reflecting the Jewish priority on life.

Historian Paul Johnson, author of, "History of the Jews"...
The lack of symmetry between the risks taken by Arabs and by Israelis is one result of a different view of the sanctity of human life. The Jewish faith was the first religion to preach this sanctity and to magnify the value of each individual human being in the eyes of his Creator — hence, equally, in other human beings. This is the main reason that Mosaic law differs so markedly in humanity and reason from all the other fiercely retributive codes of the ancient Near East. The value placed on human life by Jews has steadily increased over the centuries, as a response to persecution and, above all, to the Nazi attempt at extermination of the entire people. Israel itself was created as a refuge and fortress in which Jewish lives would be safe from annihilation. It is thus the physical embodiment of the principle that individual life is sacred.

The episode of God forbidding Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac is one of the most important and instructive in the Hebrew Bible, reflecting the Jewish priority on life.

Too bad there's no real proof for any of this.

Abraham was not from the tribe of Judah. So the Jew extremist can jaw all he wants and call names all in the honor of his God.

The lack of symmetry between the risks taken by Arabs and by Israelis is one result of a different view of the sanctity of human life. The Jewish faith was the first religion to preach this sanctity and to magnify the value of each individual human being in the eyes of his Creator — hence, equally, in other human beings. This is the main reason that Mosaic law differs so markedly in humanity and reason from all the other fiercely retributive codes of the ancient Near East. The value placed on human life by Jews has steadily increased over the centuries, as a response to persecution and, above all, to the Nazi attempt at extermination of the entire people. Israel itself was created as a refuge and fortress in which Jewish lives would be safe from annihilation. It is thus the physical embodiment of the principle that individual life is sacred.

Then why did the Hebrews and Israelites slaughter so many people in their quest for a homeland and in the maintaining of tis empire?

I was wondering how long it would be before you brought up the typical default position of all Zionist Jews.

Which is to remind everyone of the mythical story of the so-called Holocaust

Too bad you are an idiot. The Bible was written intending to establish a code of ethics and laws, which form the basis of Western civilization, today. It was not intended to be a book of history.

I was wondering how long it would be before you brought up the typical default position of all Zionist Jews.

You lost the debate, as usual, stupid little boy. Judaism opposes human sacrifice. Now, go to mommy.

Isaac was the subject of the tenth and most difficult test of Abraham's faith: G-d commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac as a burnt offering. (Gen 22). This test is known in Jewish tradition as the Akeidah (the Binding, a reference to the fact that Isaac was bound on the altar).

But this test is also an extraordinary demonstration of Isaac's own faith, because according to Jewish tradition, Isaac knew that he was to be sacrificed, yet he did not resist, and was united with his father in dedication.

At the last moment, G-d sent an angel to stop the sacrifice. It is interesting to note that child sacrifice was a common practice in the region at the time. Thus, to people of the time, the surprising thing about this story is not the fact that G-d asked Abraham to sacrifice his child, but that G-d stopped him!

Judaism uses this story as evidence that G-d abhors human sacrifice. In fact, I have seen some sources indicating that Abraham failed this test of faith because he did not refuse to sacrifice his son! Judaism has always strongly opposed the practice of human sacrifice, commonplace in many other cultures at that time and place.

Judaism 101: The Patriarchs and the Origins of Judaism

You lost the debate, as usual, stupid little boy. Judaism opposes human sacrifice. Now, go to mommy.

Isaac was the subject of the tenth and most difficult test of Abraham's faith: G-d commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac as a burnt offering. (Gen 22). This test is known in Jewish tradition as the Akeidah (the Binding, a reference to the fact that Isaac was bound on the altar).

But this test is also an extraordinary demonstration of Isaac's own faith, because according to Jewish tradition, Isaac knew that he was to be sacrificed, yet he did not resist, and was united with his father in dedication.

At the last moment, G-d sent an angel to stop the sacrifice. It is interesting to note that child sacrifice was a common practice in the region at the time. Thus, to people of the time, the surprising thing about this story is not the fact that G-d asked Abraham to sacrifice his child, but that G-d stopped him!

Judaism uses this story as evidence that G-d abhors human sacrifice. In fact, I have seen some sources indicating that Abraham failed this test of faith because he did not refuse to sacrifice his son! Judaism has always strongly opposed the practice of human sacrifice, commonplace in many other cultures at that time and place.

and so the Bible(Old testament) is lying about the sacrifices of the ancient Israelites? The tribes of Israel are not without sin.

nothing but hyperbole redundancy, as usual, that all you got?!

Sin is why there was a civil war and the nation of Israelites was split into two and then three kingdoms.

Last edited:

and so the Bible(Old testament) is lying about the sacrifices of the ancient Israelites? The tribes of Israel are not without sin.

You lost the debate, as usual, stupid little boy. Judaism opposes human sacrifice.

Go to mommy!

Exodus 32:27

And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
Because of the idol worshippers corrupting the minds of the hebrews. God punished them. Stop trying to make the Israelis out to be like the satan worshiping murderers the palestinians.

And Israel is driving Christians out of the holy land.

While Christian population dwindles in Muslim Middle East, it thrives in Israel

"In fact, the Christian growth rate has outpaced the Jewish growth in Israel in the last 12 years!" But you wouldn't know that reading the NYT; nor would you know that the main reason Christians are dwindling is due to Muslim persecution. "NY Times Skews the News on Christian Decline in the Mideast," by Tamar Sternthal for CAMERA, May 17:

Pope Benedict XVI's journey through Jordan, Israel and the West Bank prompted Ethan Bronner, Jerusalem bureau chief for the New York Times, to report on the declining Christian population across the Middle East. But his May 12 story, "Christians in Mideast Losing Numbers and Influence," misleads on crucial facts about this troubling trend among Palestinian and Israeli Christians. (The article also appeared May 13 in the International Herald Tribune.)

First, while the Christian population is diminishing throughout the Middle East, including the Palestinian areas, the opposite is true in Israel – a key fact Bronner inexplicably ignores.
While Christian population dwindles in Muslim Middle East, it thrives in Israel - Jihad Watch

Now, why is it not surprising that you got this wrong, too, Tinny?

I didn't get it wrong. Palestinian Christians want to live in their native land even if it is currently occupied by Israel.
The palestinians have no native land, Israel belongs to the Jews per GOD.

Too bad you are an idiot. The Bible was written intending to establish a code of ethics and laws, which form the basis of Western civilization, today. It was not intended to be a book of history.

You're trying to use books of fiction to justify your positions on Palestine, that's totally laughable. It's like trying to debate whose fairy tales gives which side more right to kill for land then the other, you're all nuts.

You're trying to use books of fiction to justify your positions on Palestine, that's totally laughable. It's like trying to debate whose fairy tales gives which side more right to kill for land then the other, you're all nuts.

You're way out of your depth. Palestine was invented by Europeans. The Torah was written in Israel to establish a code of morals, ethics and laws, forming the basis of Western civilization, today. it was not intended as a book of history.

Now, even you know, dummy:clap2:

Forum List

Back