Israel

It never ceases to amaze me that a little Jesus or God talk brings fear into the hearts of the non-believers. If God doesn't exist then you have nothing to worry about but if we are right, best of luck to you.

The Hebrew Bible describes constant warfare between the Jews and other tribes, including the Philistines, whose capital was Gaza.
And no arabs around.

What do you expect in a hebrew bible? A chapter dealing with theft of land issues?

And if jews are god's chosen people, why are they always having such a hard time with everything? I mean, they even tried to fry you all, that's how bad it got, and I can't say that it's much better these days, the carpet kissers just want to nuke israel, lol.

And Israel is driving Christians out of the holy land.

While Christian population dwindles in Muslim Middle East, it thrives in Israel

"In fact, the Christian growth rate has outpaced the Jewish growth in Israel in the last 12 years!" But you wouldn't know that reading the NYT; nor would you know that the main reason Christians are dwindling is due to Muslim persecution. "NY Times Skews the News on Christian Decline in the Mideast," by Tamar Sternthal for CAMERA, May 17:

Pope Benedict XVI's journey through Jordan, Israel and the West Bank prompted Ethan Bronner, Jerusalem bureau chief for the New York Times, to report on the declining Christian population across the Middle East. But his May 12 story, "Christians in Mideast Losing Numbers and Influence," misleads on crucial facts about this troubling trend among Palestinian and Israeli Christians. (The article also appeared May 13 in the International Herald Tribune.)

First, while the Christian population is diminishing throughout the Middle East, including the Palestinian areas, the opposite is true in Israel – a key fact Bronner inexplicably ignores.
While Christian population dwindles in Muslim Middle East, it thrives in Israel - Jihad Watch

Now, why is it not surprising that you got this wrong, too, Tinny?

I didn't get it wrong. Palestinian Christians want to live in their native land even if it is currently occupied by Israel.

I've always found the history of this region fascinating. For the Hebrews, it is ancient history.

For Palestinians, it is recent.

"Transjordan was created by the British in 1921 when they detached it from Palestine within their League of Nations Mandate. Abdullah bin Hussein Ali al-Hashem, a son of Sharif Hussein of Mecca, the king of Hijaz (now part of Saudi Arabia), had established himself in Amman with the intention of moving against the French in Syria. Instead he accepted the British offer to become emir of Transjordan, with that state as a semiautonomous entity under British colonial tutelage. Britain held control of the country’s finances, external relations, and its army, the Arab Legion.

Abdullah also welcomed Arab nationalists who had been expelled from neighboring Syria. Amman became an open city, where Arab dissidents could mingle with the Hashemites. Against some odds Abdullah painstakingly developed key institutions, including the country’s 1928 Organic Law that planted the seeds of a full-fledged constitution. Difficult negotiations culminated with the comprehensive 22 March 1946 treaty that formally ended the British mandate.

Transjordan gained formal independence and changed its name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; Abdullah formally became King Abdullah I. The British retained substantial control, however; under a 1948 treaty they managed Jordan’s finances, stationed troops in the country, and retained command of the Arab Legion.
Hussein built his regime on the support of loyal and conservative Bedouin tribes, and increasingly, East Bank Jordanians—the monarchy’s political base. Relying on these elites permitted the energetic monarch to suppress opponents—perhaps best illustrated by the April 1957 coup attempt as well as the fierce struggle with Palestinian fighters in September 1970
Hussein Bin Talal (1935

An autonomous Palestinian political identity did not begin to assert itself until the mid-1960s. In the 1950s, no political organization existed around which a specifically Palestinian identity could be articulated. Pan-Arabism was a dominant mode of political expression, and the Hashimite regime strongly promoted Jordanian sovereignty over Palestinian affairs and identity."
Jordan - Palestinians

The Hebrew Bible describes constant warfare between the Jews and other tribes, including the Philistines, whose capital was Gaza.
And no arabs around.

The Philistines were the ancient ancestors of the Palestinian people who are now also called arabs. :cool:

Not sure that that is totally accurate, Sunni...

I recently read “The Oxford History of the Biblical World,” edited by Dr. Michael D. Coogan, director of publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum and expert in Near Eastern languages and literatures. The book is excellent on Syria-Palestinian archeology.
The following will shed light on the question.

The end of the thirteenth century BCE saw major disruptions in the civilizations of the Near East, Cyprus and Greece for unclear reasons (possible major droughts). “Many populations appear to have migrated….Egypt was attacked by groups called ‘Sea Peoples.’ They were repelled from Egypt, but the Egyptians could not stop them from taking over the Canaan coast. The Philistines …were among the Sea Peoples.”
“…the Philistines did not occupy the coast of Canaan until the twelfth century BCE…”

“Not long before, another group had appeared in the land of Canaan…This group called itself Israel…The Egyptians maintained some control over parts of Canaan until just after the death of Rameses III in 1153 BCE….[including] Canaanites, Egyptians, Israelites, and the mysterious ‘Sea Peoples,’ of whom the Philistines are the best known. The settlement process in highland Israel began a generation or two before the Sea Peoples arrived on the coast…The displacement and migration of the tribe of Dan from the central coast to the far north is symptomatic of …this event.”

“This movement is documented by a variety of written sources in Akkadian, Ugaritic, Egyptian, and Hebrew, by Egyptian wall reliefs and by archeology.”
“The Philistines bequeathed their own name to Philistia (and later to all of Palestine).”
“Cypriot archaeologists invoke the Achaeans or Danaoi of Homeric epic as the agents of culture change in Cyprus; in the Levant, the same change is ascribed to the Sea Peoples. Both agents participated in the event recorded by Rameses III and should be related to the same confederacy of Sea Peoples, or Mycenaean Greeks, who invaded the coastlands of (Cyprus) around 1185-1175.”

Further evidence of the origin of the Philistines can be seen in biblical texts, which indicate expert bowman, “chariot-warriors,” and “chariots of iron,” (I Samuel 31.3, Judg. 1.18-19) and pottery which show warriors armed like the Mycenaean warriors depicted on the famous “Warrior Vase” found in Mycenae. The description fits Goliatath, as in I Samuel 17.5-6.
Under King David, first quarter of the tenth century, the Philistines were driven back to their original coastal cities.

So, it seems that the Philistines are the 'mysterious Sea People' who came from Greece or Cyprus...and Egypians, Israelites, etc here in place prior to the event.

Further, what we call 'arabs' merely means any people who speak arabic.

"In general, the term "Arab" in modern times is applied to a large group of different peoples that share in common the Arabic language,..."
Arab Myths

Thank you for your post PC

Many of the Zionist Jews and their supporters get all hung up on whether the people living there were called Palestinians are not.

But the real issue is that there were people living there regardless of what group title they shared in common.

And that they did have their land taken from them and are now living in a large open air prison camp called Gaza.

And no arabs around.
The Philistines were the ancient ancestors of the Palestinian people who are now also called arabs.
Philistines, the non-semitic folks, bth., had been happily finished off by assyrians, that's why we advise palistanians update their arabian nights ancestral drivel. I, personally, advise palistanians claim genghis-khanian descent to stir paternal feelings from Erdogan.

Considering the Philistine state religion was burning babies alive, I have no problem with the un neighborly behavior of the Israelites toward the Philistines.

Israelites did human sacrifice also.

Wrong, as usual, birdbrain. God stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac as an illustration that human sacrifice was wrong.

The Jews were the first People to place a priority on life.

You know less than nothing.

Many of the Zionist Jews and their supporters get all hung up on whether the people living there were called Palestinians are not.

But the real issue is that there were people living there regardless of what group title they shared in common.

And that they did have their land taken from them and are now living in a large open air prison camp called Gaza.

Palestinians are a fraud.

Rashid Khalidi, Professor of Middle East history at Columbia University, professor of Middle East history and director of the Center for International Studies at the University of Chicago, Advisor to various "Palestinian" organizations...
There is a relatively recent tradition which argues that Palestinian nationalism has deep historical roots. As with other national movements, extreme advocates of this view anachronistically read back into the history of Palestine over the past few centuries a nationalist consciousness and identity that are in fact relatively modern. Among the manifestations of this outlook are a predilection for seeing in peoples such as the Canaanites, Jebusites and Philistines the lineal ancestors of the modern Palestinians.

Last edited:

Jews have lived in and ruled in Israel dating back 3000 years to today verified by the archaeological record.

Can you provide an archaeological record verifying Palestinians or any other Arab civilization existed in Israel? No, I didn't think so.

PBS Nova...
In the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt in 1896, British archaeologisit Flinders Petrie unearthed one of the most important discoveries in biblical archaeology known as the Merneptah Stele. Merneptah's stele announces the entrance on the world stage of a People named Israel.

The Merneptah Stele is powerful evidence that a People called the Israelites are living in Canaan over 3000 years ago

Dr. Donald Redford, Egyptologist and archaeologist: The Merneptah Stele is priceless evidence for the presence of an ethnical group called Israel in Canaan.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvg2EZAEw5c]1/13 The Bible's Buried Secrets (NOVA PBS) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Considering the Philistine state religion was burning babies alive, I have no problem with the un neighborly behavior of the Israelites toward the Philistines.

Wrong, as usual, birdbrain. God stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac as an illustration that human sacrifice was wrong.

Judges 11:31-40
King James Version (KJV)

31Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

32So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

33And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.

34And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.

35And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.

36And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.

37And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

38And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.

39And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

40That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.
Judges 11:31-40 KJV - Then it shall be that whatsoever cometh - Bible Gateway

more on human sacrfice or israelites

Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel
Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel: The Unspoken Bible

yet more

n the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Last edited:

Judges 11:31-40
King James Version (KJV)

31Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

32So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

33And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.

34And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.

35And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.

36And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.

37And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

38And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.

39And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

40That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.
Judges 11:31-40 KJV - Then it shall be that whatsoever cometh - Bible Gateway

more on human sacrfice or israelites

Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel
Child Sacrifice in Ancient Israel: The Unspoken Bible

yet more

n the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

Gehenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 Commandments: Thou Shall Not Murder.

Your links are bogus.

You know less than zero, dimwit.

Further, what we call 'arabs' merely means any people who speak arabic.

jesus spoke in arabic

Wrong, as usual, dimwit. Jesus spoke Aramaic. Arabs never even inhabited Israel until 600 years after Jesus's death.

You know less than zero.

Aramaic is a group of languages belonging to the Afroasiatic language phylum. The name of the language is based on the name of Aram,[3] an ancient region in central Syria. Within this family, Aramaic belongs to the Semitic family, and more specifically, is a part of the Northwest Semitic subfamily, which also includes Canaanite languages such as Hebrew and Phoenician. Aramaic script was widely adopted for other languages and is ancestral to both the Arabic and modern Hebrew alphabets.

Aramaic language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In linguistics and ethnology, Semitic (from the Biblical "Shem", Hebrew: שם*, translated as "name", Arabic: ساميّ*) was first used to refer to a language family of largely Middle Eastern origin, now called the Semitic languages. This family includes the ancient and modern forms of Akkadian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Ge'ez, Hebrew, Maltese, Phoenician, Tigre and Tigrinya among others.

Semitic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now stop being a phallic symbol.

Forum List

Back