Israel Tortures Palestinian Children; Keeps Them In Outdoor Cages In Winter: Rights Group

Geet a clue. YOu don't arrest five year olds for throwing rocks.

Neither does Israel. Children under the age of 12 can neither be arrested nor detained. That is the law in Israel. However, they can be removed from the place where they were endangering lives and can be kept until their parents come to get them.

What other law enforcement solutions would you suggest for handling a young child who is endangering the lives of others?
There is a you tube showing a five year old Palestinian boy being arrested.
Arrested, detained, or forcibly moved?
Right. You are harsh toward Palestians. Israeli's get a pass from you no matter what they do. That's wrong.

Tried that approach in Gaza.. Forcibily evicted every Jewish enterprise and settlement. And it turned into a facist dictatorship with strong ties to terrorists. Not being stupid -- that probably won't happen again..
Yeah, because that government hasn't done a terrorist act in years.

You believe the last Israeli incursion into Gaza was a terrorist act. Clearly it was not. But --- we can still chat..

I personally don't think that getting out of your armored vehicle and grabbing a lead rock thrower is a terrorist act. In FACT -- I really don't think keeping those kids tied to the front of that vehicle while the soldiers are handling the situation is "using them as shields".. At that point -- in a military sense, the aggressors tossing the rocks have to make a calculation that soldiers make ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

And that is to refrain from using force on positions where members of YOUR FORCE are captured or positioned.
For the love of Pete -- If you're gonna encourage children to be resistance fighters --- at LEAST make it realistic..

Am I right?

Dhara I'd also like to point that unlike a girl stealing a bike, throwing rocks, firing firecrackers, and setting ambushes is risking the lives of others.
Throwing rocks doesn't deserve 20 years.
So it's OK if someone tries to murder you by throwing rocks at you?
No, it isn't ok if someone tries to murder you by throwing rocks at you. Still, we ought to give some credit to whether a child is actually capable of murdering someone by throwing a rock at them, and does the child understand what they're doing.

We've seen five year olds arrested by Israeli security for throwing rocks. How can arresting a five year old be legal in ANY country?
It doesn't mean they are immune from detention or any legal procedure, have you found a case of which a five years old sent to twenty years in prison?
A five year old should NEVER be arrested. EVER.
Arrested - no, I mentioned detention or legal procedure since I've already described the legal procedures before.
You on the other hand shouldn't relay your entire position over a YouTube video or at least without the basic understanding in the situation Dhara.

Children do have rights to live and play freely in Israel. Until they perform criminal acts which could cause harm to innocents. Then they are subject to arrest and investigation. No criminal acts -- no arrest. Easy peasy.
20 years in prison for rock throwing. Yeah, that's fair.

That's a maximum sentence. And you don't seem to understand the significance of the crime.

If you can't drive a truck or a car down the street in their neighborhood, there will be no commerce, no deliveries, no building, no services, no jobs, no future ----- no life. YOU condone a rock littered street and broken cars and glass and pelting the only police authority in the region with rocks. But it's that act --- that will DENY these kids any chance of a better future. NOBODY is gonna invest or give a shit in their communities without order.

So not only do they have parents and supporters (like you) cheering them on to doom themselves and their children,-- but they are hurting and dying for NOTHING.. Because their parents wont support respectable leadership and govt of their own. Not all Israels fault here. Not at all..

I don't really think you care that much about the kids. Because if you did -- you wouldn't say "it's their duty" to throw rocks. INSTEAD Dhara -- you'd be working to find their Nelson Mandela or Ghandi who would lead them to make the deals that lead to self-rule..
Bullshit. I'm not condoning violence in children. I think arresting a five year old or an eight year old is extreme for any country. AND the Israelis have one legal standard for themselves and another for the Arabs. It's a racist system.

So just spank any of them less than 8 yrs old and arrest the rest of them..

Hey, I think our own police mistreat children. Why should I give Israel a pass?

Children do have rights to live and play freely in Israel. Until they perform criminal acts which could cause harm to innocents. Then they are subject to arrest and investigation. No criminal acts -- no arrest. Easy peasy.

That's a maximum sentence. And you don't seem to understand the significance of the crime.

If you can't drive a truck or a car down the street in their neighborhood, there will be no commerce, no deliveries, no building, no services, no jobs, no future ----- no life. YOU condone a rock littered street and broken cars and glass and pelting the only police authority in the region with rocks. But it's that act --- that will DENY these kids any chance of a better future. NOBODY is gonna invest or give a shit in their communities without order.

So not only do they have parents and supporters (like you) cheering them on to doom themselves and their children,-- but they are hurting and dying for NOTHING.. Because their parents wont support respectable leadership and govt of their own. Not all Israels fault here. Not at all..

I don't really think you care that much about the kids. Because if you did -- you wouldn't say "it's their duty" to throw rocks. INSTEAD Dhara -- you'd be working to find their Nelson Mandela or Ghandi who would lead them to make the deals that lead to self-rule..
Bullshit. I'm not condoning violence in children. I think arresting a five year old or an eight year old is extreme for any country. AND the Israelis have one legal standard for themselves and another for the Arabs. It's a racist system.

So just spank any of them less than 8 yrs old and arrest the rest of them..
No. No corporal punishment of children by state entities.

That tends to happen when 1.2 billion neighbors are trying to kill you.
So, have you visited Syria, Libya, Gaza, Iraq or Iran lately?
Wearing a big Cross?
Children are children. Do you give a shit if Palestinian childre suffer? Or are you only concerned if Israeli's suffer?

How can you "CARE" about these kids if you think it's "their duty to throw rocks" at soldiers? You are one (along with Billo and some others) who see these kids as "resistance fighters"..

Please answer. In what countries would THAT be considered "caring for the welfare of the child" ??

14 yr old girl was in jail for six weeks for throwing rocks.
16 yr old girl was released after 6 months in prison.
15 yr old boy released after two days
13 yr old boy 2 months
15 yr old boy 8 months
palestinian boys are considered adults at 16.

just because a rock thrower can face 20 yrs does not mean children throwing rocks will.
every child and case is judged individually

Geet a clue. YOu don't arrest five year olds for throwing rocks.

Neither does Israel. Children under the age of 12 can neither be arrested nor detained. That is the law in Israel. However, they can be removed from the place where they were endangering lives and can be kept until their parents come to get them.

What other law enforcement solutions would you suggest for handling a young child who is endangering the lives of others?
There is a you tube showing a five year old Palestinian boy being arrested.
Arrested, detained, or forcibly moved?
Right. You are harsh toward Palestians. Israeli's get a pass from you no matter what they do. That's wrong.
That is a whole different accusation, please be consecutive if you are willing to continue the discussion because I'm done wasting my time debunking blood libels. (Yes, this is just another blood libel that was ground to dust here)

Sh!t happens.
You live in a nice neighborhood?
I do so I can't really judge what police have to deal with.
Shit doesn't just happen. Bad polices produce bad actions.

Shit doesn't just happen. Bad actions produce polices.
Get your a$$ kicked in 5 wars and then send your kids to do your dirty work.

I don't think it's their duty to throw rocks. Some say acts of rebellion against an occupying force are understandable.

Sh!t happens.
You live in a nice neighborhood?
I do so I can't really judge what police have to deal with.
Shit doesn't just happen. Bad polices produce bad actions.

There are some bad policies. Like the fact that these Palis have less legal rights and process. But THAT is not totally Israels' fault is it? Where is the Pali police force that was trained under the PLO? Or the one being trained under the Pal. Authority? Those were not high priorities for the Palis. They have NEVER focused on self rule. They have never agreed on leadership that was capable of negotiating with Jordan or Egypt or Lebanon or Israel.

So all they got is Israel military police to keep them from turning their neighborhoods into refugee camps..

Oops, last point I want to make. Here are some of the stupid things American police do in our country.

#1 At one public school down in Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Sarah Bustamantes was arrested for spraying herself with perfume.

#2 A 13-year-old student at a school in Albuquerque, New Mexico was arrested by police for burping in class.

#3 Another student down in Albuquerque was forced to strip down to his underwear while five adults watched because he had $200 in his pocket. The student was never formally charged with doing anything wrong.

#4 A security guard at one school in California broke the arm of a 16-year-old girl because she left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning up some cake that she had spilled.

#5 One teenage couple down in Houston poured milk on each other during a squabble while they were breaking up. Instead of being sent to see the principal, they were arrested and sent to court.

#6 A 12-year-old girl at a school in Forest Hills, New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. “I love my friends Abby and Faith” was what she reportedly scribbled on her desk.

#7 A 6-year-old girl down in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.
#8 One student down in Texas was reportedly arrested by police for throwing paper airplanes in class..
Stupid Reasons Police Have Arrested Kids For In School | Cop Block

Oops, last point I want to make. Here are some of the stupid things American police do in our country.

#1 At one public school down in Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Sarah Bustamantes was arrested for spraying herself with perfume.

#2 A 13-year-old student at a school in Albuquerque, New Mexico was arrested by police for burping in class.

#3 Another student down in Albuquerque was forced to strip down to his underwear while five adults watched because he had $200 in his pocket. The student was never formally charged with doing anything wrong.

#4 A security guard at one school in California broke the arm of a 16-year-old girl because she left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning up some cake that she had spilled.

#5 One teenage couple down in Houston poured milk on each other during a squabble while they were breaking up. Instead of being sent to see the principal, they were arrested and sent to court.

#6 A 12-year-old girl at a school in Forest Hills, New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. “I love my friends Abby and Faith” was what she reportedly scribbled on her desk.

#7 A 6-year-old girl down in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.
#8 One student down in Texas was reportedly arrested by police for throwing paper airplanes in class..
Stupid Reasons Police Have Arrested Kids For In School | Cop Block

Wow! All that stupidity in a country of how many tens of millions of kids?
We're lucky we're not in cages, I tell ye!

I think there ought to be special training of police and soldiers with respect to detaining children. If a child tosses a rock and no one is hurt the child should be admonished. Parents should always be involved when children are questioned by authorities.

There should be a cooperative effort to empower Palestinian citizens to address inappropriate behaviors at political demonstrations.

There is special training of police and soldiers with respect to dealing with children. If a child under the age of 12 is endangering the lives of people, he/she is prevented from continuing that activity and then given over to the care of his parents or the Palestinians Authorities who are responsible for the social welfare of Palestinians.

I agree there should be an effort to teach Palestinians that encouraging their children to participate in the conflict is morally wrong.

Forum List

Back