Iranian Attack Expected on Israel in Next Two Days

Israel is preparing for a direct attack from Iran on southern or northern Israel as soon as the next 24 to 48 hours, according to a person familiar with the matter. A person briefed by the Iranian leadership, however, said that while plans to attack are being discussed, no final decision has been made.

Iran has publicly threatened to retaliate for an attack last week in Damascus, Syria, that Tehran said was an Israeli airstrike on a diplomatic building. The strike killed top Iranian military officials, including a senior member of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force.

Earlier this week, U.S. intelligence reports showed that an attack on Israeli assets by Iran or its proxies could be imminent, but a source says it now appears that the attack could be within Israel’s borders.

A U.S. official with knowledge of the matter said Thursday that American intelligence reports indicate an Iranian retaliatory strike within days, “possibly on Israeli soil” as opposed to Israeli interests elsewhere.

Fullscreen button

All I know is that if I was going to attack an adversary, I'd certainly broadcast it well ahead of time.

Maybe 2 days is the new 2-weeks.

The French are taking it seriously.

French Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that due to the risk of military escalation in the Middle East:

• French citizens are advised to avoid all travel to Iran, Lebanon, Israel and the Palestinian Territories in the coming days.
  • The families of diplomats are leaving Tehran
  • French civil servant missions in these same countries are banned.

Nope.

The Iranians know that Israelis are ready for an attack. Iran will bide it's time until it finds a soft target to attack.

Israel is preparing for a direct attack from Iran on southern or northern Israel as soon as the next 24 to 48 hours, according to a person familiar with the matter. A person briefed by the Iranian leadership, however, said that while plans to attack are being discussed, no final decision has been made.

Iran has publicly threatened to retaliate for an attack last week in Damascus, Syria, that Tehran said was an Israeli airstrike on a diplomatic building. The strike killed top Iranian military officials, including a senior member of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force.

Earlier this week, U.S. intelligence reports showed that an attack on Israeli assets by Iran or its proxies could be imminent, but a source says it now appears that the attack could be within Israel’s borders.

A U.S. official with knowledge of the matter said Thursday that American intelligence reports indicate an Iranian retaliatory strike within days, “possibly on Israeli soil” as opposed to Israeli interests elsewhere.

Fullscreen button

All I know is that if I was going to attack an adversary, I'd certainly broadcast it well ahead of time.

Maybe 2 days is the new 2-weeks.

The French are taking it seriously.

French Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that due to the risk of military escalation in the Middle East:

• French citizens are advised to avoid all travel to Iran, Lebanon, Israel and the Palestinian Territories in the coming days.
  • The families of diplomats are leaving Tehran
  • French civil servant missions in these same countries are banned.
This is what happens when the U.S. President enriches Iran, and castigates Israel. It emboldens our enemies and threatens our allies.

Not really. Israel bought all it's oil from Iran for decades. They also provided Iran with weapons and intelligence against Iraq.

So how many Jews still live in Iran? Used to be several hundred thousand. Of course Israel has been threatening Iran every quarter since 1992.
Iran ran all the Jews off.

Nope.

The Iranians know that Israelis are ready for an attack. Iran will bide it's time until it finds a soft target to attack.

That's just Netyanjahu's scare tactic. Iran is never going to attack Israel.

Are you kidding ME?! Muslim terrorists launching attacks, and you blame the Jews?!

Shit.

Israel can pick a fight that wrecks the oil supply and get free oil from the US.

There you go again.

No, it's an explicit threat made by Iran. Place the blame where it goes.

Oh stop. Israel has threatened Iran every quarter since 1992. They use to say, " the Saudis are going to let us use their airspace to attack you." Idiots.

I knew the parasitic leech, israel, would try to get the US into a war.

In 1975, the United States agreed to guarantee Israel's oil supply in emergencies. The pact was signed after the Arab oil embargo roiled the world's economies. The agreement also followed the second disengagement agreement (Sinai II) between Israel and Egypt, which helped pave the way to the eventual peace treaty signed in 1979.

As part of Sinai II, Israel withdrew from oil fields in the Sinai.

When the peace treat was signed, Israel gave up all its oil fields, which, at the time, were expected to allow Israel to eventually become energy independent. The U.S. subsequently offered Israel a new agreement that guaranteed access to U.S. oil if war constraints disrupted Israel's supply. It further provided for help in transporting oil if Israel was blocked from doing it alone.

Forum List

Back