CDZ Is this image a problem for you? Does it disturb you?

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.

And yet, nothing you just posted is true or accurate.....guns aren't romanticized...they are a tool for self defense.

Do gun owners feel constantly threatened...no. They have a gun the way they have a fire extinguisher or seat belt...do they feel constant fear of fire or a car crash..no, they just know they happen and if they do, they will be ready.

There is no scourge of guns in this country. There is a scourge of criminals who are let out of jail, over and over by left wing judges and prosecutors ...who commit gun crime after gun crime and aren't kept away from normal people.

The truth is, those women do not cause crime. They do not cause gun crime, gun murder or violent crime...and as more women like these carry guns...our gun crime rate went down 75%....our gun murder rate went down 49%....our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

The exact opposite happened in Britain, where they banned and confiscated guns...their gun crime is going up, their violent crime is sky rocketing....

Nothing you posted reflects reality or truth.

How many strap a fire extinguisher to their leg when they are inside their house? Those guns are not a tool. They are a fashion statement.

I wasn't raised with packing parents either, but I knew they had guns. Mom had one in her purse, dad had one in a shoulder holster that was hidden. They carried because they owned a bar, were out late closing up at 2am, and carried cash from the til to the bank in a bank bag. Like someone else said..they were prepared to defend themselves just like they had fire extinguishers all around the house, locks on the front and back door, good tires on their cars and in general...had everything covered to protect the family.

And, if there was open carry in California, I'd be doing it and would not care if anyone was offended by my right to own and carry a gun. ESPECIALLY nowadays!!

I only lock My car doors when I'm in town. I don't even think the lock on My front door even works. I've been on vacation in California for two weeks and didn't lock anything up.

Yeah...you too...where do you live again...? And like Arsene Lupin...I will leave you a list of items to leave out for me...
Yeah, good luck with that. My neighbors would likely stop you before you managed to get to the end of the street.
I could clean you out...show up in a van with a bogus HVAC company name on it, 2 guys in the cab wearing greasy jumpsuits. Park backed into the driveway, poke around the AC for a while...the guy hiding in the van cleans out the house.

Or grab the truck... just show up with a wrecker. Gone in 60 seconds? With a self-loading truck, try ten! (Without ever leaving the cab, or even taking it out of gear.)
You do realize that you'd just end up in jail, right? Or possibly dead. All of My neighbors know I don't have AC and I heat My house with pellets in a wood stove. I and My wife talk daily to our two neighbors next door to us and they'd know if we were having anyone come repair anything, we would tell them about it. Of course, they'd know that we don't have a need for any HVAC.

You obviously don't have a clue about small town America, do you?

If someone showed up at My neighbor's house like you claim, I'd be out talking to him right after he knocked on the door, and I'd be armed. He has two young children and a baby that is barely 3-months old. Hell, I've seen bicycles, electronics and an assortment of other things I'll not describe, all left on a sidewalk and not be touched for weeks on end.

Good luck to you.

I once drove into a gated community-full of 7-figure houses, with 24-7 security. I was waved in, and 10 minutes later, I drove out. I was driving a ratty, dented, 30-year-old old F800 rollback with hardware-store decals for DOT numbers and no company lettering...and drove right out the gate with a $100,000+ Mercedes roadster on the deck. For all the guard knew, that car could have been headed for China in a container! Wreckers are invisible...nobody sees them. Drive a tow truck, hit the strobes, and you would be amazed how many gates you get waved through! (Hell, I once got waved right onto a military base with barely a second glance.)

And, again: I can hook a car with an Eagle Claw in ten seconds! Do it at night with a stealth truck, it's gone before you get to the door.

Same way with road equipment. Act like you own it, and nobody will say a thing.

My dogs get in my bed, eat off my plate, are loved. Why get a dog if you are going to chain it to a tree outside for the rest of its life and only pay attention to it if you remember to?:cranky:

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.

And yet, nothing you just posted is true or accurate.....guns aren't romanticized...they are a tool for self defense.

Do gun owners feel constantly threatened...no. They have a gun the way they have a fire extinguisher or seat belt...do they feel constant fear of fire or a car crash..no, they just know they happen and if they do, they will be ready.

There is no scourge of guns in this country. There is a scourge of criminals who are let out of jail, over and over by left wing judges and prosecutors ...who commit gun crime after gun crime and aren't kept away from normal people.

The truth is, those women do not cause crime. They do not cause gun crime, gun murder or violent crime...and as more women like these carry guns...our gun crime rate went down 75%....our gun murder rate went down 49%....our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

The exact opposite happened in Britain, where they banned and confiscated guns...their gun crime is going up, their violent crime is sky rocketing....

How many strap a fire extinguisher to their leg when they are inside their house? Those guns are not a tool. They are a fashion statement.

They are a self defense tool......and can be a fashion statement.

I have no problem with anyone carrying.

I can see why men may not be attracted to it. Men typically like to be the protector, and it's still construed as a masculine thing....

So what task are those tools being used for right now? If I only need a wrench once every couple of weeks, I might keep it close in a tool box, but I'm not going to carry with me every minute. How often do you think they have need for those tools? Admit it, it's nothing more than a fashion statement, or perhaps an extension for a guy who is less than confident in his manhood.

So what task are those tools being used for right now? If I only need a wrench once every couple of weeks, I might keep it close in a tool box, but I'm not going to carry with me every minute. How often do you think they have need for those tools? Admit it, it's nothing more than a fashion statement, or perhaps an extension for a guy who is less than confident in his manhood.

Really? You need to ask that question? Can you tell these women the exact time of the day or night they may run into a criminal, a rapist, robber or murderer? If we had that ability, then we would only need to carry at that time, but until we achieve that level of psychic perfection, then the only course of action if you want to protect yourself from a random, violent, criminal attack, is to carry your gun like you do your cell phone.

As to an extension of manhood......is that why these women are carrying those guns?

And again with the sexual reference....please get help.

Really? You need to ask that question? Can you tell these women the exact time of the day or night they may run into a criminal, a rapist, robber or murderer? If we had that ability, then we would only need to carry at that time, but until we achieve that level of psychic perfection, then the only course of action if you want to protect yourself from a random, violent, criminal attack, is to carry your gun like you do your cell phone.

As to an extension of manhood......is that why these women are carrying those guns?

Don't know when a fire might break out either, but I don't see them strapping a fire extinguisher to their legs. Can you say Fashion Statement?

I have no problem with anyone carrying.
I can see why men may not be attracted to it. Men typically like to be the protector, and it's still construed as a masculine thing....

That is gradually changing I think.

I see strong intelligent women who can defend themselves as excellent breeding stock.

:D

i keep a rifle by the slider and a shotgun by the backdoor.....i have a purchase permit laying on the table....lol.....and need the cash to buy a pistol....

hey all you gun guys.....donate to buying bones a pistol......someone set me up a go fund me page....

i keep a rifle by the slider and a shotgun by the backdoor.....i have a purchase permit laying on the table....lol.....and need the cash to buy a pistol....

hey all you gun guys.....donate to buying bones a pistol......someone set me up a go fund me page....

Don't know when a fire might break out either, but I don't see them strapping a fire extinguisher to their legs. Can you say Fashion Statement?
Do you carry a wallet? FASHION STATEMENT
Do you carry a cell phone? Ditto
Do you carry a pen? Ditto also
See where this is going? Just because you may not need a given tool on a given day, does not mean that carrying it daily is a fashion statement. Besides, we know nothing about the situation, you assume they are in their own home, with the doors looked and are relatively safe. How do you know that? They may be in a house that is far out in the country with ample predators around. They just came in from outside to make a meal. Does that mean the guns are a fashion statement, simply because they did not remove them at the door? You make so many assumptions and judge the people and situation based on those assumptions. In reality, you know nothing but there are two women carrying guns in a kitchen. Does this frighten you? Or maybe it simply offends you for some reason. Why is it so terrible for two women to carry guns? Are you sexist? Or maybe you just believe that no one should be "allowed" to carry, unless YOU say so.

What ever the case may be, the problem here is not the women in the picture. The problem is YOU. You know nothing about the situation, and yet you pass judgement on it. Why is that? What is your intent?

A gun is like a sneeze guard at a salad bar. You really hope it's never needed, but you're really glad it's there if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you carry a wallet? FASHION STATEMENT
Do you carry a cell phone? Ditto
Do you carry a pen? Ditto also
See where this is going? Just because you may not need a given tool on a given day, does not mean that carrying it daily is a fashion statement. Besides, we know nothing about the situation, you assume they are in their own home, with the doors looked and are relatively safe. How do you know that? They may be in a house that is far out in the country with ample predators around. They just came in from outside to make a meal. Does that mean the guns are a fashion statement, simply because they did not remove them at the door? You make so many assumptions and judge the people and situation based on those assumptions. In reality, you know nothing but there are two women carrying guns in a kitchen. Does this frighten you? Or maybe it simply offends you for some reason. Why is it so terrible for two women to carry guns? Are you sexist? Or maybe you just believe that no one should be "allowed" to carry, unless YOU say so.

What ever the case may be, the problem here is not the women in the picture. The problem is YOU. You know nothing about the situation, and yet you pass judgement on it. Why is that? What is your intent?

Don't be silly. The implication of the picture is exactly what you said it was. They are calmly inside their own home. There is no reason to believe they just came from an intense situation where fire arms were needed. That is not a normal situation. The guns are a fashion statement. That is it.

Forum List

Back