CDZ Is this image a problem for you? Does it disturb you?

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.
I WAS raised in a household with guns. Not once did I or My family feel constantly threatened, in fact, we never felt threatened. The same with ANYONE I've ever talked to about having guns in the household. Feeling threatened has never even entered their mind.

I lock my doors at night....I never feel threatened as I do it....
I never lock my doors, even on vacation, leave my keys in the truck....

Where do you live again....?

On Women and hand to hand combat.......

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.
I WAS raised in a household with guns. Not once did I or My family feel constantly threatened, in fact, we never felt threatened. The same with ANYONE I've ever talked to about having guns in the household. Feeling threatened has never even entered their mind.

I don't, but I get your point. When I lived in Sacramento and the Bay Area, it was prudent to lock your doors. Didn't mean I felt threatened.

As for the picture, I do hope that is a white wine she's drinking. A red before a lesbian encounter is just so uncouth.

:beer:

I only lock My car doors when I'm in town. I don't even think the lock on My front door even works. I've been on vacation in California for two weeks and didn't lock anything up.

I don't, but I get your point. When I lived in Sacramento and the Bay Area, it was prudent to lock your doors. Didn't mean I felt threatened.

As for the picture, I do hope that is a white wine she's drinking. A red before a lesbian encounter is just so uncouth.

Now see........this just feeds into the left wing, social justice complaining.......

And would it really matter what wine they drank?

4 miles sw of Noel, Mizzouri, up a hill in the woods.

Now see........this just feeds into the left wing, social justice complaining.......

And would it really matter what wine they drank?
I guess that would depend on the quality of the video camera. LOL

I only lock My car doors when I'm in town. I don't even think the lock on My front door even works. I've been on vacation in California for two weeks and didn't lock anything up.

Yeah...you too...where do you live again...? And like Arsene Lupin...I will leave you a list of items to leave out for me...

The rusted gate just past the old Smith's place?

The town I live by has a population of 1200. I leave my keys in the truck when in town..Since there is no law against it..

Yeah...you too...where do you live again...? And like Arsene Lupin...I will leave you a list of items to leave out for me...
Yeah, good luck with that. My neighbors would likely stop you before you managed to get to the end of the street.

Go ahead, the cameras will make a record of it...

Your right to carry a weapon to protect yourself or your family, is freely given and protected by the U.S. Constitution, as well as state law.

Why would anyone voluntarily forfeit or surrender that right? Would they also deliberately relinquish their right of free speech or to vote?

The rusted gate just past the old Smith's place?
It does have a little rust, and when you pass by get that padlock I've been intending to get for 5 years off the chain on the fence...My address doesn't appear on GPS's...I don't mark my address on my mailbox..

Pretty typical of the left to say, "Ididnt have guns, I feel uncomfortable about guns, therefor no one should have them.
I don't pack a rod 24/7, I don't feel the need...I do prefer hand to hand combat myself..

You just like touching people you sicko.

Pretty typical of the left to say, "Ididnt have guns, I feel uncomfortable about guns, therefor no one should have them.
I don't pack a rod 24/7, I don't feel the need...I do prefer hand to hand combat myself..

You just like touching people you sicko.
baby oil first..

And yet, nothing you just posted is true or accurate.....guns aren't romanticized...they are a tool for self defense.

Do gun owners feel constantly threatened...no. They have a gun the way they have a fire extinguisher or seat belt...do they feel constant fear of fire or a car crash..no, they just know they happen and if they do, they will be ready.

There is no scourge of guns in this country. There is a scourge of criminals who are let out of jail, over and over by left wing judges and prosecutors ...who commit gun crime after gun crime and aren't kept away from normal people.

The truth is, those women do not cause crime. They do not cause gun crime, gun murder or violent crime...and as more women like these carry guns...our gun crime rate went down 75%....our gun murder rate went down 49%....our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

The exact opposite happened in Britain, where they banned and confiscated guns...their gun crime is going up, their violent crime is sky rocketing....

Nothing you posted reflects reality or truth.
It's the truth to me. As I have said, I have never had experiences with firearms. I can appreciate the analogy about extinguishers and seat belts.

But guns are a different kettle of fish. Guns are designed exclusively to propel a missile of metal at deadly speed. By contrast, a stapler propels a missile of metal too, but not at deadly speed. Guns are deadly weapons.

We have endeavored to remove unnecessary risks for more our modern society. We have enacted legislation to pass traffic laws, public health oversight, established OSHA, EPA, Departments of Labor, Agriculture, Defense all with mandates to oversee risk management and reduce the hazards facing the public, workers and our future. We are note flooding our streets with sewage, subjecting workers to hazardous conditions without proper training and personal protective equipment, allow Pintos and Corvairs to be mass produced. You're right. A free society is a safe society.

Everyone agrees that there are political solutions,bi-partisan solutions, popular solutions at hand. Gunshow loopholes, internet sales and universal background checks among them. But the gun lobby won't. Vox Populi? Vox Cashola.

If you ever ventured into a small river town on the Ohio, you may start thinking there are too many guns in too many nefarious hands. Three times a week we read the headlines in our newspapers. Another drug bust along with an arsenal of weapons. How did these thugs, to use a word you might be more comfortable with, get their drug dealing hands on these guns?

I do appreciate your point about law abiding citizens and their responsible gun safety precautions. I can appreciate the nobility.

Everyone agrees that there are gun control laws on the books in every state and federal register. Gun law cases seem to be a staple of every level in thejudiciary. There are laws that limit the general mayhem that would ensue after some psycho takes a .50 caliber up to the roof. There are laws specifying certain weapons. So you can't have any weapon you want.

Why is that? Is it because these specific weapons are recognized for the specific lethality of these weapons? If that is the case, why can't we recognize that the weapons found on the criminals arrested here don't play the role of a weapon recognized as presenting a clear and present danger to the people?

Anyway, I should say that no one, at least not I, have mentioned confiscation. Let's put a pin in that and talk about solutions to a very real problem.

Last edited:

So you would prefer my option.... If you were sitting on my couch with me right now, there would be, within 15' of you, but totally hidden from your knowledge... 1 loaded 12 ga. Shotgun, 1 32" Scottish broadsword, 1 loaded 9mm handgun, 1 Asp expandable baton, 2 fighting knives. (Plus whatever is concealed on my person)

Would you rather KNOW you're inside an arsenal, or gave it hidden from you?

So you're saying you're a pajama boy?

And yet, nothing you just posted is true or accurate.....guns aren't romanticized...they are a tool for self defense.

Do gun owners feel constantly threatened...no. They have a gun the way they have a fire extinguisher or seat belt...do they feel constant fear of fire or a car crash..no, they just know they happen and if they do, they will be ready.

There is no scourge of guns in this country. There is a scourge of criminals who are let out of jail, over and over by left wing judges and prosecutors ...who commit gun crime after gun crime and aren't kept away from normal people.

The truth is, those women do not cause crime. They do not cause gun crime, gun murder or violent crime...and as more women like these carry guns...our gun crime rate went down 75%....our gun murder rate went down 49%....our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

The exact opposite happened in Britain, where they banned and confiscated guns...their gun crime is going up, their violent crime is sky rocketing....

Nothing you posted reflects reality or truth.
It's the truth to me. As I have said, I have never had experiences with firearms. I can appreciate the analogy about extinguishers and seat belts.

But guns are a different kettle of fish. Guns are designed exclusively to propel a miss level of metal at deadly speed. By contrast, a stapler propels a miss leg of metal too, but not at deadly speed. Guns are deadly weapons.

We have endeavored to remove unnecessary risks for more our modern society. We have enacted legislation to pass traffic laws, public health oversight, established OSHA, EPA, Departments of Labor, Agriculture, Defense all with mandates to oversee risk management and reduce the hazards facing the public, workers and our future.

Everyone agrees that there are political solutions,mbi-partisan solutions, popular solutions at hand. Gunshow loopholes, internet sales and universal background checks among them. But the gun lobby won't. Vox Populi? Vox Cashola.

If you ever ventured into a small river town on the Ohio, you may start thinking there are too many guns in too many nefarious hands. Three times a week we read the headlines in our newspapers. Another drug bust along with an arsenal of weapons. How did these thugs, to use a word you might be more comfortable with, get their drug dealing hands on these guns?

I do appreciate your point about law abiding citizens and their responsible gun safety precautions. I can appreciate the nobility.

Everyone agrees that there are gun control laws on the books in every state and the federal register. Gun law cases seem to be a staple of every level in thejudiciary. There are laws that limit the general mayhem that would ensue after some psycho takes a .50 caliber up to the roof. There are laws specifying certain weapons. So you can't have any weapon you want.

Why is that? Is it because these specific weapons are recognized for the specific lethality of these weapons? If that is the case, why can't we recognize that the weapons found on these criminals arrested here don't play the role of a weapon recognized as presenting a clear and present danger to the folks around here.

Anyway, I should say that no one, at least not I, have mentioned confiscation. Let's put a pin in that and talk about solutions to a very real problem.

In particular....

If that is the case, why can't we recognize that the weapons found on these criminals arrested here don't play the role of a weapon recognized as presenting a clear and present danger to the folks around here.

Anyway, I should say that no one, at least not I, have mentioned confiscation. Let's put a pin in that and talk about solutions to a very real problem

The criminal use of these weapons is far outnumbered by the non criminal use of these weapons....you have seen the stats, showing actual gun crime is going down, as more normal people own and carry guns.

Our problem isn't guns...our problem is that repeat, violent gun offenders are being released over and over back onto the streets......they are the tiny minority of criminals actually shooting guns in crimes. The research shows this. We need to focus on actual criminals, and not on law abiding gun owners.

Gun show loopholes.....don't exist, and even if you require background checks for private sales, the same people who buy guns for criminals because they can pass a current, federal background check will pass a new background check for private sales.....

And the reason they are opposed is that in order for them to "work" would require registering all guns....since you have to know the origin of the gun to know if a background check was completed for the sale.....and registering guns always ends up with confiscation and banning them....we know this from Britain, Germany, and Australia.....

On top of that.....felons and other criminals do not have to register their illegal guns...as per the Haynes v. United States supreme court ruling.

As to other guns.....rifles with detachable magazines...there are well over 8 million of them...used every day by normal, law abiding people for sport, hunting and self defense...they are not the weapons used by criminals and mass shooters use them rarely.....

8 million guns and a hand full are misused.....where is the problem with these weapons?

And you fail to realize that the courts are now the battle ground for gun rights.....the demcrats realized that gun control at the federal level will lose congressional seats...so they are attacking on the state and local level. They pass a law banning certain guns, and then a left wing court allows it to happen......then that establishes a legal Precedent for banning more guns....

The information I have shown you is true...more guns do not equal more gun crime....but there are people who are still pushing more gun laws which we show over and over again do nothing to stop crime or mass shooters...yet they push them anyway....

Forum List

Back