CDZ Is this image a problem for you? Does it disturb you?

When guns are a symbol of indadequacy:

Penny's is a violent place apparently...
article-armed1-0118.jpg

Bars are a great place for firearms...
03GunsInBars_10_0_42774901-378.JPG

Target...another violent place...don't go shopping without dangling an assault style weapon...
target-3-630.jpg

Just eating out with my weaponry .... doesn't everyone?
main-qimg-c3fb0b5164d38eb9940c30e66b6dd7d9-c

Contrast that with those for whom gun's are just a tool:
19764445-mmmain.jpg

images

Hunting-rifles-review-810x539.jpg

So is the gun a statement or a useful tool? My grandfather (and husband) had/have guns. During hunting season, rifles are in use, when not in use, they're safely stored. My grandfather would have laughted at people who feel the need to carry assault type rifles and "massive stopping power" into Penny's.
And, of course, the question needs to be asked. How many of the guns pictured leaped out of their owner's control and started shooting people?

Why does question need to be asked? How is it in any way relevant?

If guns are tools, they should be treated as tools. I don't go shopping in target dragging my rototillar behind me.

If guns are an extension of testorone-deficient manhood, then like the asshole walking a pitbull on a logging chain, I tend to question the fitness and sanity of the bearer.

article-armed1-0118.jpg

Target...another violent place...don't go shopping without dangling an assault style weapon...
target-3-630.jpg

19764445-mmmain.jpg

images

So is the gun a statement or a useful tool? My grandfather (and husband) had/have guns. During hunting season, rifles are in use, when not in use, they're safely stored. My grandfather would have laughted at people who feel the need to carry assault type rifles and "massive stopping power" into Penny's.

My grandfather wouldn't have laughed. He would have told them they were idiots, and there was a time and place for guns, and in public like that was neither.

It's interesting because...true power lies in quietness and not in the in-your-face attitude that some gun rights advocates seem to promote.

I used the pitbull-on-a-logging chain as an example of misused power. But here is an example of real power. I went to a Shutzhund trial once...and of course there are the macho handlers. But, the most impressive one....a young teen girl, who with a VERY QUIET voice, put her dog through every excerize calmly...very impressive. Another one...in a herding trial...everyone admires the dogs who grip, but no one realizes the real power and the smooth movement of stock comes from the dog that positions himself correctly to move the stock seldom needing to resort to a bite.

That's how I see some of those gun people. Who the F needs to carry an assault rifle around in public? Give me a break!

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.

Pretty typical of the left to say, "Ididnt have guns, I feel uncomfortable about guns, therefor no one should have them.
I don't pack a rod 24/7, I don't feel the need...I do prefer hand to hand combat myself..

Yes....the 60 year old woman with hip problems may not agree with you.

Is that about the floor?

Because, at 60 she should be able to stand up and that dog would be no help at all.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

For those of us not born and raised in the gun culture, this image seems to be rather ham handed stab at normalizing something I find disturbing.

As I,said, I,was not raised in a household with guns. I was not raised in a home that felt constantly threatened and in desperate need of protection by force of arms. I was not raised in a household where guns were romanticized.

I find that gun culture to be a hinderence to fully understanding the scourge of guns and senseless gunplay. A couple of housewives packing heat seems to me, at least, more than a little sad.

Pretty typical of the left to say, "Ididnt have guns, I feel uncomfortable about guns, therefor no one should have them.
I don't pack a rod 24/7, I don't feel the need...I do prefer hand to hand combat myself..

Don't pack a ROD?

Well, no wonder you need a gun.

article-armed1-0118.jpg

target-3-630.jpg

19764445-mmmain.jpg

images

Yeah.....the bar one? Virginia and allowed concealed carry in bars...their crime rate in bars went down....

Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Virginia isn't the only state that allows carrying a gun....you just can't drink and carry, just like you can't drive and carry...

So......you guys would laugh at people who carry every day....tell us, do you know exactly when you will be violently attacked by a criminal? Because a lot of women who are violently raped, a lot of people who are brutally beaten and robbed, and a lot of people murdered by criminals sure could have used your psychic abilities.....

Two things about this. First - WND is an iffy source. Second - correlation doesn't necessarily equal causality.

What IS known, is this. Alcohal lowers thresholds - inhibitions, reactions, tendancies towards violence. A drunk person isn't capable of thinking - oh gee, dudes might have a gun - I better not xyz. It just doesn't work that way - booze and rational thought processes seldom coexist in the same brain.

article-armed1-0118.jpg

target-3-630.jpg

19764445-mmmain.jpg

images

My grandfather wouldn't have laughed. He would have told them they were idiots, and there was a time and place for guns, and in public like that was neither.

I was just thinking the same thing but I think my grandfather and father both would have laughed. And I can imagine my dad taking some of those little twerps out behind the shed for a talking to.

I grew up with guns and I have guns. But yes, there's a time and a place and these people are making us all a lot less safe.

For those of us not born and raised in the GAY culture, LGBT may seem to be a rather ham handed stab at normalizing something that the majority find disturbing.

As they would say, they were not raised in a household with gays. Some were not raised in a household where same sex couples existed.
Most were not raised in a household where gayness was romanticized.

Some find the GAY culture to be a hindrance to a "normal" society and the scourge of gayness as disgusting and a sin. To some, being gay is a choice and a sad one.....

DO YOU SEE HOW EASY IT WOULD BE TO BE CLOSED MINDED AND HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT OTHERS VALUES ?????

Because that is exactly what you did, no matter how you try to spin it.

For those of us not born and raised in the GAY culture, LGBT may seem to be a rather ham handed stab at normalizing something that the majority find disturbing.

As they would say, they were not raised in a household with gays. Some were not raised in a household where same sex couples existed.

Some find the GAY culture to be a hindrance to a "normal" society and the scourge of gayness as disgusting and a sin. To some, being gay is a choice and a sad one.....

DO YOU SEE HOW EASY IT WOULD BE TO BE CLOSED MINDED AND HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT OTHERS VALUES ?????

Actually, it's not "values"...I was raised around guns.

None of my relatives ever felt it was appropriate to carry an AK to Target while shopping.

None of my relatives ever felt it was appropriate to carry an AK to Target while shopping.

Don't be silly. The implication of the picture is exactly what you said it was. They are calmly inside their own home. There is no reason to believe they just came from an intense situation where fire arms were needed. That is not a normal situation. The guns are a fashion statement. That is it.

These 5 people were at home, and they thought safe....until they weren't.......and it turned into a nightmare...had one or more of these men and women had a pistol on their hips, in their own home, they might be alive today...

Wichita Massacre - Wikipedia

Their crime spree culminated on December 14, when the Carrs invaded a home and subjected five young men and women to robbery, sexual abuse, and murder. The brothers broke into a house chosen nearly at random where Brad Heyka, Heather Muller, Aaron Sander, Jason Befort and his girlfriend, a young woman identified as 'H.G.', all in their twenties, were spending the night. They were all working adults: Befort was a local high school teacher; Heyka, a director of finance with a local financial services company; Muller, a local preschool teacher; and Sandler, a former financial analyst who had been studying to become a priest. H.G. is a teacher.

The Carrs initially scoured the house for valuables. H.G. learned of Befort's intent to propose marriage to her when the Carrs discovered the engagement ring he had hidden in a can of popcorn. After the search, the Carrs forced their hostages to strip naked, bound and detained them, and subjected them to various forms of sexual abuse, including rape and oral sex.[7] The brothers forced the men to engage in sexual acts with the women, and the women with each other. They drove the victims to ATMs to empty their bank accounts, before taking them to a snowy deserted soccer complex on the outskirts of town. There they shot the five execution-style in the backs of their heads. The Carr brothers drove Befort's truck over the bodies and left them for dead.

H.G. survived her head wound at the soccer field because her plastic barrette deflected the bullet. After the killers left, she walked naked for more than a mile in freezing weather to seek first aid and shelter at a house. Before getting medical treatment, she reported the incident and descriptions of her attackers to the couple who took her in, even before the police arrived.

It must be traumatic living in fear every minute of every day. I wonder what kind of mental problems could cause that kind of paranoia.
They're not afraid, they have a gun.

Oh they are afraid. Cowards are always afraid.

The only ones talking about being afraid are those like you who are afraid of people carrying guns for self defense....

Of course I'n scared of gun nuts. Did you hear about the vigilante gun nut who thought he saw someone shoplifting a tool? He followed the guy into the parking lot and fired 5 rounds at the guy's car and only 3 hit. The gun nut idiot claimed he was marking the car for the cops. I could have been in that parking lot. My kid could have been in that parking lot. You bet I'm scared of crazy gun nuts.

These 5 people were at home, and they thought safe....until they weren't.......and it turned into a nightmare...had one or more of these men and women had a pistol on their hips, in their own home, they might be alive today...

Their crime spree culminated on December 14, when the Carrs invaded a home and subjected five young men and women to robbery, sexual abuse, and murder. The brothers broke into a house chosen nearly at random where Brad Heyka, Heather Muller, Aaron Sander, Jason Befort and his girlfriend, a young woman identified as 'H.G.', all in their twenties, were spending the night. They were all working adults: Befort was a local high school teacher; Heyka, a director of finance with a local financial services company; Muller, a local preschool teacher; and Sandler, a former financial analyst who had been studying to become a priest. H.G. is a teacher.

The Carrs initially scoured the house for valuables. H.G. learned of Befort's intent to propose marriage to her when the Carrs discovered the engagement ring he had hidden in a can of popcorn. After the search, the Carrs forced their hostages to strip naked, bound and detained them, and subjected them to various forms of sexual abuse, including rape and oral sex.[7] The brothers forced the men to engage in sexual acts with the women, and the women with each other. They drove the victims to ATMs to empty their bank accounts, before taking them to a snowy deserted soccer complex on the outskirts of town. There they shot the five execution-style in the backs of their heads. The Carr brothers drove Befort's truck over the bodies and left them for dead.

H.G. survived her head wound at the soccer field because her plastic barrette deflected the bullet. After the killers left, she walked naked for more than a mile in freezing weather to seek first aid and shelter at a house. Before getting medical treatment, she reported the incident and descriptions of her attackers to the couple who took her in, even before the police arrived.

It must be traumatic living in fear every minute of every day. I wonder what kind of mental problems could cause that kind of paranoia.

The only ones talking about being afraid are those like you who are afraid of people carrying guns for self defense....

Of course I'n scared of gun nuts. Did you hear about the vigilante gun nut who thought he saw someone shoplifting a tool? He followed the guy into the parking lot and fired 5 rounds at the guy's car and only 3 hit. The gun nut idiot claimed he was marking the car for the cops. I could have been in that parking lot. My kid could have been in that parking lot. You bet I'm scared of crazy gun nuts.

Woah...I didn't hear about that. We do not need self-styled vigilantes making their own laws.

Don't be silly. The implication of the picture is exactly what you said it was. They are calmly inside their own home. There is no reason to believe they just came from an intense situation where fire arms were needed. That is not a normal situation. The guns are a fashion statement. That is it.

Cowards also don't carry guns. They fear guns.

I'm not scared of guns. I'm scared of gun nuts who don't handle guns safely. A gun should be put away safely unless you intend to use it, or you are a cop who requires one.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish whether someone is wearing a gun to supplement his ego or, if it's just a tool like a pocket knife. It's like those idiots who feel the need to strut around with a pitbull hauling ass at the end of a logging chain.

Not so young now....I keep a 9mm within reach all times because I'm not ABOUT to let some bastard(s) or drug crazed uncivilized nothings force their way into my home and do harm to me or my sweet lady.

Florida man kills couple, tries to bite man’s face off

Eff that shit. Sleep with it too. Homey doesn't play the "victim" card.

In this world today.......you have to be a stone cold idiot to NOT have a gun in your home for protection.

Then again...no wonder liberals are the ones afraid of guns.....most shootings are done by liberals and most victims of shootings are liberals.

Ironically, the gun loving conservative right wing people are the LEAST likely to encounter so called "gun violence" (even though that's a misnomer because Guns cannot commit ANY violence....PEOPLE use tools to commit violence. The Left loves to use that phrase to vilify guns)

Who said anything about an AK ?
When I carry in public it's concealed. You could stand next to me and never would know.

Although I do agree that the vast majority of morons with pitbulls in public are doing so for the wrong reasons.

A friend of mines' wife just spend two weeks in the hospital because their sons 90lb pit attacked her. I do not like those things around me. Even though I love animals.

Woah...I didn't hear about that. We do not need self-styled vigilantes making their own laws.

Happens all the time. People have died from these vigilante gun nuts playing cop.
Police: Shopper shoots at fleeing Walmart shoplifting suspect's car

When I carry in public it's concealed. You could stand next to me and never would know.

Although I do agree that the vast majority of morons with pitbulls in public are doing so for the wrong reasons.

A friend of mines' wife just spend two weeks in the hospital because their sons 90lb pit attacked her. I do not like those things around me. Even though I love animals.

Lots of gun nuts cary for the same reason the idiots take pitbulls in public.

I agree.
Ptheyre always saying that guns don't shoot people and they're right. It's the crazies we need to be concerned about, like the people in those photos and what your describe.

Frightening too are the very experienced who are so cocky and not paying attention - like the stories of instructors who shoot people. Or the students who shoot someone. And remember the famous sniper who, it turned out had lied about his record and whom underfed by a fellow sniper at a shooting range. Kyle?

There's no end to these stories and you're right thT you could have been there that day.

How do we protect ourselves?

THAT is terrifying. That any gun nut, could be mentally ill, could be wanting to to kill his girlfriend who's waiting on me, could be looking to shoot the owner, or what if you just drop the damn thing and it goes off?

And there's no way to know the guy next me has a gun.

I have the right to know if you have a gun while standing next to my child. The only way we can be safe if every store, very venue has a metal detector and will turn you away.

Even the old west was smart enough not to let every jerk in town swagger around with his balls in his pocket.

Forum List

Back