CDZ Trump speech at the BSA Jamboree

oldfart

Older than dirt
Nov 5, 2009
Redneck Riviera
The speech was highly inappropriate by any standard. Regardless of political preferences, this was not the place for a profanity laced political speech. At least we know Mr. Trump was never associated with the Scouting Movement before his election, so no one has to be embarrassed to have approved his application.

The Boy Scouts loved it. What's the issue?

Trump knows nothing about scouting and its values. I find it hard to note a single point of the Scout Law he has not proudly violated. But above that, no Scout event is a proper venue for a political speech. It's also illegal since the BSA is a 501(c)(3) organization. But when has Trump ever paid attention to legalities?

The speech was highly inappropriate by any standard. Regardless of political preferences, this was not the place for a profanity laced political speech. At least we know Mr. Trump was never associated with the Scouting Movement before his election, so no one has to be embarrassed to have approved his application.
So the "boy" scouts can openly welcome homos into their ranks and be all fine with sexual perversion, but President Trump said something inappropriate?

pfft... :bsflag:

Here's the text of the speech. Read a Transcript of Trump's Boy Scout Jamboree Speech

Maybe OP could point out the exact "profanity" and "inappropriateness" for us. Also, maybe OP can explain to us why Boy Scouts shouldn't hear about politics.

I listened to clips of the speech. The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited. Boy Scouts are required to learn about "politics" (it's called "Citizenship" and encouraged to participate. No previous president has done what Trump did: give a blatantly political speech at a non-political event designed for non-political purposes. By the way, were you ever a Boy Scout? Or a volunteer Boy Scout leader? You don't seem to be very familiar with the program or values.

So the "boy" scouts can openly welcome homos into their ranks and be all fine with sexual perversion, but President Trump said something inappropriate?

pfft... :bsflag:
I notice that your response is off topic. When you have no point, deflect.

Trump has ordered the Boy Scouts of America create a new badge. The Panzerfaust Expert.

Here's the text of the speech. Read a Transcript of Trump's Boy Scout Jamboree Speech

Maybe OP could point out the exact "profanity" and "inappropriateness" for us. Also, maybe OP can explain to us why Boy Scouts shouldn't hear about politics.

I listened to clips of the speech. The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited. Boy Scouts are required to learn about "politics" (it's called "Citizenship" and encouraged to participate. No previous president has done what Trump did: give a blatantly political speech at a non-political event designed for non-political purposes. By the way, were you ever a Boy Scout? Or a volunteer Boy Scout leader? You don't seem to be very familiar with the program or values.
You did not give specific examples of profanity. "The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited"?! You have any proof of that? You heard clips? Weren't those edited?

You do not make a convincing argument against the topic of politics for Boy Scouts. Yes, I am familiar with Boy Scouts and was a Girl Scout myself. Trump referrenced current events and spoke about his actions vs his opponents actions. Again, how is this inappropriate for the Boy Scout audience? Trump also spoke of success, achieving your dreams through perseverance, love of country. How is that not appropriate for Boy Scouts to hear?

You did not give specific examples of profanity. "The transcripts have obviously and appropriately been edited"?! You have any proof of that? You heard clips? Weren't those edited?

"Trump, speaking in Glen Jean, West Virginia, began his remarks with a pledge that he wouldn’t talk about the current climate in Washington, D.C., commenting, “Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts?” " As reported in multiple news clips and published news reports. Give it up. You are embarrassing yourself by looking like you can't read an online news report. Most everyone included that quote.

You do not make a convincing argument against the topic of politics for Boy Scouts. Yes, I am familiar with Boy Scouts and was a Girl Scout myself. Trump referrenced [sic]current events and spoke about his actions vs his opponents actions. Again, how is this inappropriate for the Boy Scout audience? Trump also spoke of success, achieving your dreams through perseverance, love of country. How is that not appropriate for Boy Scouts to hear?

"The Boy Scouts of America released a statement late Monday to a reporter who asked about its political stance, saying the organization was “wholly non-partisan and does not promote any one position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy.”

“The sitting president serves as the BSA’s honorary president,” the statement, obtained by BuzzFeed’s Michelle B. Van Dyke, read. “It is our long-standing custom to invite the U.S. president to the National Jamboree.”

It seems that the values of the Scouting movement didn't get through to you when you defend a political harangue to a captive audience who were not expecting it for the first time in 78 years of Jamborees. I haven't seen an outpouring of support for Trump's behavior, and I noticed that none of the Eagle Scouts in his cabinet (or for that matter and Eagle Scouts prominent in government) were on the podium with him. The response in Scouting forums is heavily negative.

I'm sorry you got so little out of your Girl Scout experience. It's a fine organization which the Boy Scouts could learn from. They never barred gay adult leaders and avoided the mess the BSA got into until Robert Gates provided much needed leadership to the National Committee. Both organizations are polling adult leaders about some merged programs and units. Maybe it's time you got involved again.

Yes, because no President has ever done a political speech in front of children, or used children as props for a speech....

Yes, because no President has ever done a political speech in front of children, or used children as props for a speech....

No President has ever given a political screed in front of the Boy Scouts

They are supposed to be inspirational

No President has ever given a political screed in front of the Boy Scouts

They are supposed to be inspirational

How many have given speeches in general? and do you have a source to say none were 'political" if they were given?

And I asked about speeches in front of minors in general (sorry I have an issue calling a 18 year old a "child"

Forum List

Back